Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

I have a dilemma!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wefwefasdf

Hey Giant Bomb! I have a small dilemma. I recently started watching the P4 ER because I wanted to the re-runner quest and I never quite got into it when it was around. I'm now pretty much hooked with the game and the videos. Hooked enough that I wanted to play the game but I also wanted to keep watching the ER. 

My question is, should I play the game first or continue watching? Maybe play until I catch up to where I am in the series? I'm on episode 34 if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

If you're going to play Persona 4 do not watch the Endurance Run first. If you watch through the series first you'll have all the crazy plot twists and hilarious WTF moments spoiled for you. If you have no plans on getting it then watch through it for sure. At some point though, everyone should try to watch through the entire ER. It's probably the best thing Giant Bomb has done so far.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zidane_24

I'd probably recommend playing, and then watching Jeff and Vinny play that same part, or play through the whole game first. There's some twists that are better if you experience them firsthand before watching the ER do them. Just my opinion, though.  

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @natetodamax: @Zidane_24: That is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I had the right idea. Ordering now!
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Definitely play it and then watch it.  Mainly because watching the Endurance Run is a lot more fun when you're eagerly anticipating Vinny and Jeff's reactions to the crazy stuff you saw in the game.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I see no reason why you shouldn't play it, unless you don't feel like putting 60+ hours into a single game.

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FancySoapsMan said:
    " I see no reason why you shouldn't play it, unless you don't feel like putting 60+ hours into a single game. "
    It took me ~80 to get the "real" ending, but I was taking my time and grinding a lot.  You certainly get your money's worth in play time with that one. 
    Cabbage_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Cabbage_Head

definitely play the game first, the endurance run is full of spoilers and it would probably be best to play the game first, to avoid said spoilers. Plus playing the game first will preventing impact-full moments from becoming less impact-full when you get to them and the nostalgic feeling is always sweet when watching the endurance run, if you've played the game first. Hope that helps

dragonwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By dragonwarrior

I want to see the ER but dam it is so long :( 

one day I WILL DO IT! 

StartAndPause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By StartAndPause

I watched it then played it, I made different choices then in the ER and social linked other people and it was still enjoyable. In many ways it saved me the inevitable 2nd playthrough that I would have done to see the stuff they did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.