Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

I just beat it and...

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

wtf, he's the murderer? goddamn!

ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZettaSlow

Dude, what?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

SEMI SPOILERS MAYBE

If by he, you mean she, then yes you are correct. Of course, you would need to have gone the true route to know this.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

Not having played the game, seems like a spoiler warning would have been handy there.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

Yeah I'm Surpised. Also what you talking about she don't you mean he or she?

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmasheControllers
    c1337us said:
    "Not having played the game, seems like a spoiler warning would have been handy there. "
    I never said who.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
    SmashedControllers said:
    "Yeah I'm Surpised. Also what you talking about she don't you mean he or she?"
    Can you perhaps rephrase that?
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red
    SmashedControllers said:
    "Yeah I'm Surpised. Also what you talking about she don't you mean he or she?"
    No. You can't choose the main character's gender. Duh.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us
    SmashedControllers said:
    "c1337us said:
    "Not having played the game, seems like a spoiler warning would have been handy there. "
    I never said who."
    I'm sure the people in the middle of playing are smart enough to work out who you are insinuating. Me I dont care, I dont have any intention of playing it.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Red
    c1337us said:
    "SmashedControllers said:
    "c1337us said:
    I never said who."
    I'm sure the people in the middle of playing are smart enough to work out who you are insinuating. Me I dont care, I dont have any intention of playing it. "
    Naoto isn't the killer.
    Just throwing that out there.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang

It was Hanako! You just can't trust obese girls!

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Isn't the killer or whatever xTxxoxrxxux Axxdxaxxcxhxxix

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang

Reload your save if you still have it, and play through the true ending. I will say nothing more.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red
    SmashedControllers said:
    "spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Isn't the killer or whatever xTxxoxrxxux Axxdxaxxcxhxxix"
    No.
    It was you.
    Gosh. It's not that hard to follow.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Pepsiman

It seems you didn't seem to pursue the true ending route, hence the confusion over the gender pronouns. The character's still responsible, but there's more to it than him just doing it and that's that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
    Stang said:
    "SEMI SPOILERS MAYBEIf by he, you mean she, then yes you are correct. Of course, you would need to have gone the true route to know this."
    SPOILER WARNING-
    SPOILER WARNING-

Actually no, she isn't the murderer. She just gave them the gift, the ones who already had the 'potential' in them, with a touch, just like you. Their actions after that where their own completely. They both acted of their own choices, she just provided the nudge to awaken their powers and stood back and watched what they did with it.

After its all over, you realize, that she truly thought this is what most of humanity wanted, and only wanted to do it to give them what they wanted. Adachi and Namatame acted of their own free will in their decisions with the power they had gained, he is still as much the killer, but she is just a part of the bigger picture, creating the midnight channel as a portal to that world. Adachi still made his own decisions.
    ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZettaSlow
    pause422 said:
    "Stang said:
    "SEMI SPOILERS MAYBEIf by he, you mean she, then yes you are correct. Of course, you would need to have gone the true route to know this."
    SPOILER WARNING-SPOILER WARNING-Actually no, she isn't the murderer. She just gave them the gift, the ones who already had the 'potential' in them, with a touch, just like you. Their actions after that where their own completely. They both acted of their own choices, she just provided the nudge to awaken their powers and stood back and watched what they did with it.After its all over, you realize, that she truly thought this is what most of humanity wanted, and only wanted to do it to give them what they wanted. Adachi and Namatame acted of their own free will in their decisions with the power they had gained, he is still as much the killer, but she is just a part of the bigger picture, creating the midnight channel as a portal to that world. Adachi still made his own decisions."

If you're reading this far into the thread I think it's safe to say we shouldn't tag spoilers anymore, anyone who hasn't beaten the game should stop reading.

Anyway, you're overthinking things.  Izanami just did it because she's a jerk.  She knew Adachi was going to be an asshole with it, but she gave it to him anyway.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

I'm not gonna argue with you on it, if you took something different away from the game than I and other did, but what you're saying is just your opinion of what you seem to think of her. She still didn't kill anyone specifically, he chose to do what he did. Anyway whatever, just was trying to explain it for Stang I believe who said otherwise.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ArchScabby

someone tell me who the killer is.  I will never play this game but I really want to know, because of the endurance run, and I'm not going to wait until that's over to find out.  Message me or post in the forum or whatever just do it.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vorbis
    Stang said:
    "It was Hanako! You just can't trust obese girls!"
    Did it creep anyone else out when she's sat in your seat at the end of the game?

Thats what nightmares are made of.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red
    ArchScabby said:
    "someone tell me who the killer is.  I will never play this game but I really want to know, because of the endurance run, and I'm not going to wait until that's over to find out.  Message me or post in the forum or whatever just do it."
    This threw people into the TV, but the ability to do so was given to them by this.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Red said:
    "ArchScabby said:
    "someone tell me who the killer is.  I will never play this game but I really want to know, because of the endurance run, and I'm not going to wait until that's over to find out.  Message me or post in the forum or whatever just do it."
    This threw people into the TV, but the ability to do so was given to them by this.
    "
    scandal  
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Diamond

I was hoping for a more amazing twist at the end though.  I don't know what, just something that would have satisfied me.  Something that would have made me go 'OH SHIT, ALL ALONG I MISSED ALL THE SIGNS, YET IT'S SO OBVIOUS!'.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Fallen189
    ArchScabby said:
    Adachi/Young detective.

However, in the "True" ending, you find it's some sort of God. Youtube the true ending for more.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By the8bitNacho

Regardless of the narrative ending, I absolutely loved the anime cutscene leading up to the credits.  It was fantastically chipper and bittersweet.  The bad and normal endings are like attending a funeral by comparison.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vorbis

Well for 90% of the game you are chasing Namatame, since you are with Adachi when Rise is kidnapped, it tricks you into thinking he's not the killer. But when you find out it's not Namatame you can guess who it was pretty easily.

It's hard to keep people guessing when they only have a limited amount of characters. Can't afford voice acting and character art for everyone.

But I was happy with the ending, I'm glad they didnt copout and make the killer someone you only saw once or twice in the whole game. Or even worse it could of been your "shadow".

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang

Maybe I should have worded my responses a bit better. I feel Izanami-no-Okami is fully responsible, but did she "literally" commit the murders, no. She used Adachi as a pawn, knowing he was a true piece of shit and would abuse the "gift." I guess you can call her an accessory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.