Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

If you didn't watch the Endurance Run, why?

• 56 results
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Why are people choosing Get Bent? Why did I put get bent as a possibility? Questions that have no answers.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Personally... I watched every episode. But I can understand why people wouldn't wanna watch it. Especially if they don't like RPGs.

EDIT: OH! And I voted "Get Bent!"

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I didn't watch it for a few reasons. Number one, even I wanted to I wouldn't have time. Number two, much as I like Jeff and Vinny I'd rather play the game myself than watch someone else play it. Number three, it all seemed kinda boring from what I saw of it.

Soz!

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dbz1995
    @get2sammyb said:
    " I didn't watch it for a few reasons. Number one, even I wanted to I wouldn't have time. Number two, much as I like Jeff and Vinny I'd rather play the game myself than watch someone else play it. Number three, it all seemed kinda boring from what I saw of it.  Soz! "
    I don't have a problem with that, I was just intrigued. Are there any games you wouldn't mind watching?
    Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bolt

Just not my style of game, had no interest.
    Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Nettacki

I don't have time and I'd rather play it myself, because I don't want to be spoiled the game until I play it.

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pandasaurus

I want an option,"i found out about it too far into The Endurance Run" to be able to catch up!

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Driadon

I watched the first...15 episodes? But that alone ate up way too much time. Over 150 would have been terrible for the lack of spare time I have.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru
    @dbz1995 said:
    " Why are people choosing Get Bent? Why did I put get bent as a possibility? Questions that have no answers. "
    I chose "Get Bent!" because the only other option would have been that I did watch the Endurance Run. And since choosing "Get Bent!" both lets you know that I (probably) watched the Endurance Run as well as letting me tell you off for starting another annoying topic about it, it seemed like the best choice.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dbz1995
    @RockmanBionics said:
    " @dbz1995 said:
    " Why are people choosing Get Bent? Why did I put get bent as a possibility? Questions that have no answers. "
    I chose "Get Bent!" because the only other option would have been that I did watch the Endurance Run. And since choosing "Get Bent!" both lets you know that I (probably) watched the Endurance Run as well as letting me tell you off for starting another annoying topic about it, it seemed like the best choice. "
    Fair enough.
    Wildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wildcard
    @dbz1995 said:
    After reading this, I couldn't help but vote "Get Bent". Sorry, I know it was childish of me. Please don't hit me again. I'll be good this time, I promise.

I watched the ER and as to why I'm even in this thread it was to see why such a poll was created in the first place. Are you with GB's marketting division and trying to gauge what sort of things were holding potential viewers back from watching it so that you might be able to figure out some workarounds for future ERs? You sneaky marketing exec, you.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By penguindust

I picked "Other" because I wanted to play the game before I watched the video series.  I didn't want the ER to spoil anything I might encounter in the game as I played through it.  I watched one or two which made me decide to (eventually) purchase the game, but beyond that I've missed it.  I plan to go back and watch selected episodes now that I've completed the game, though.  I have nothing against watching P4 and plan to.

Malchom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Malchom

I chose "Get bent", but I watched it... 

Chose that option because you made another annoying ER related poll post and I've concluded you must be one of those  GB  members who patronized Jeff and Ryan through the hole ER... That option was the only way for me to vent my frustration on you...

MisterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By MisterD

My lunches have been so empty without the Endurance Run. I miss you Charlie!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

I didn't as it didn't cativate me all that much... 

I like to play a game, more than watching someone playing and talking about it... it kind of destroys my sense of emersion. 

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By vaiz

I chose get bent because it made me giggle.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @dbz1995 said:
    Because the option is much more attractive than any of the others... problems of the poll.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By DukeTogo

All of the above.*

* I don't like Vinnie, the others are great, but he's a moron who has no place in front of a camera or mic.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By deadly_polo

To start with I didn't really care about Persona 4 (not being into RPG's), but after the acclaim I heard it getting I began watching. Unfortunately I just have far too little time to be watching an hour a day. 

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By najaf
    I watched an episode, but I was late to the party. I did not know what was going on, (episode sixty something) and I did not care to marathon all of them to catch up. I did go back and watch the first one, but the time needed was just daunting. I must admit, with a different title I might have been more keen on staying with.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PureRok

I chose other.

I'm one of those people who get pissed off when people do stupid things, and they were making a lot of mistakes early on. Watching them play made me more angry than it did make me laugh.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#23  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Putting that much time into watching a series of internet videos is a big commitment and although I did watch every episode of it myself I can see why it would have been just too much for some people.

comradecrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By comradecrash

I started watching because I was playing it...however I had to stop because my PS2 died. But now that i got a slim i will be playing the game and watching the endurance episodes!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

While the ER was starting, I planned to play P4 at some point in the near future, so I didn't want to spoil it. I still haven't played it, and still hope to play it soon. I kinda wish I had just watched it and abandoned my plans to play it, because now I'm never going to watch the ER because its too damn long, and might not ever get around to playing it either.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Andorski

Just not a fan of Persona 4.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By LeetBalla

I watched episodes 1-50 something but quit after that. Just takes too much time between college and work.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a06726367912
    deactivated-5a06726367912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I watched up to the episode where Teddy turned into a person and was like WHAT THE WHAT? It blew my mind, I didn't consciously stop watching it, I just thought I'll let a few episodes pile up till I have some time to watch them. Then it was more and more episodes then it snowballed into me not having enough time to catch up on all the episodes I had missed. I tried jumping back in with a current episode (at the time) but it just didn't seem right, it seemed like I'd missed out on so much content that it was almost heart breaking.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HotSauceMagik

They were too far in by the time I came around to GB...I tried to watch a few, but not knowing what was going on made it tough to watch,

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By killdave

Watched the first 20 - got bored
    Weeks later I watched another 2 - got bored
    Watched ep.50
    Watched ep.Final

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mooshu

Why isnt "I didn't want the game spoiled" an option?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate

Didnt have the time 

Between working 45 hours a week - girlfriend time, gym time, football and drinking time - i have very little time available, which i like to spend playing games myself =D 

I love the Gb crew, and RPG's and am sure i would've loved the endurance run, but not at the cost of my own game playing experiences

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xplodedd

i dont have an hour aday for it.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RichardLOlson

I watched a few, but I didn't watch all of them.  I couldn't really get into that much though, so I just stopped watching it.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#35  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

I watched the first 14 a couple of weeks back and it convinced me to buy the game, so obviously I then stopped watching so it wouldn't spoil it. If I had an iPhone and the app I'd watch them on the train - or if they could be downloaded and stuck on an iPod Classic - but at the moment there's too many and I can't really be bothered.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Sambambo

Not really interested in Persona, however I would if it were another game.

I voted the wrong one by mistake though as I selected other...

Sorry

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Get bent.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Druminator

Not a fan of Persona. Not a fan of anime stuff.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @MattyFTM said:
    " While the ER was starting, I planned to play P4 at some point in the near future, so I didn't want to spoil it. I still haven't played it, and still hope to play it soon. I kinda wish I had just watched it and abandoned my plans to play it, because now I'm never going to watch the ER because its too damn long, and might not ever get around to playing it either. "
    My story is pretty much the same. I have watched a bunch of episodes (maybe 40) but nowhere near the big amount because I started my own game but never progressed far. I don't know if I ever will finish either now too.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

I watched it all (chose Get Bent though since I didn't see the other option and assumed it meant the same :P) but I have mixed feelings now that it's over... I mean, now that I've seen everything there is to see, I kinda wish I'd played Persona 4 for myself first, but at the same time if I had waited to play it first I'd probably never watch this. Half of the appeal wasn't just watching them play, it was that it was on every night almost like a television show, although better since I never watch any TV these days. I saw people who were able to bunker themselves down during their break and watch two dozen episodes in chunks and just thought man, I could never do that.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By c1337us

Persona 4 is a game I am going to start playing pretty soon (just finished 3) so I want to see it all for myself. I did watch the first 5 episodes though. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched them all, but towards the end I started to FF during grinding parts of episodes. Frankly those parts just get really boring to watch and I have better things to do with my time than watch the 500th enemy battle.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By FLStyle
    @dbz1995: Wrong! You have not made a forum, you have made a thread. Off-Topic is a forum, General Discussion is a forum, you are currently in the Persona 4 forum and have created a thread called "If you didn't watch the Endurance Run, why?"
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dbz1995
    @FLStyle said:
    " @dbz1995: Wrong! You have not made a forum, you have made a thread. Off-Topic is a forum, General Discussion is a forum, you are currently in the Persona 4 forum and have created a thread called "If you didn't watch the Endurance Run, why?" "
    ...Get Bent.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By flaminghobo

I just didn't have the time to watch all of the episodes and I can't really get in to watching other people play a game, unless it's something that I'm interested in or something that is yet to be released. I'm glad that the users who watched the Endurance Run to the end had fun, but it's just not my cup of tea unfortunately.

munnyman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By munnyman5

I chose "Too Much Time", but that's only the "why I didn't" for up until like 3 weeks ago. Then is when I started endurance running the Endurance Run, and I'm almost at the end now. It's fucking awesome. 

And for poor underused but overAWESOME Kanji's sake, I'll give you a non-caps-locked  

get bent.
    get bent.

I mean that in the nicest way possible, like maybe get more flexible from doing yoga and extend your lifespan, or something along those lines. 

And now, a moment of silence for Charlie Tunoku. May he always be thou, and thou be-ith him...?
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Get Bent.  Because its there.  :)

Also, No.  Because Persona 4 is a HORRIBLE game.  Pure trash.  Really hoping they play a real game next time.  Not some J garbage.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By asurastrike

I was currently playing Persona 4 when the Endurance Run began, and I finished it months before the ER ended.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LiquidSwords

Watched them all but skipped to the good parts. Get bent fanboys
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Jedted

Get Bent!!! 

I watched the entire series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.