Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Just Bought My Copy of Persona 4 & 3:FES but is it too late?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

I just got them off play.com about 10 mintunes ago, and I'm not sure if I have made a big misstake here. Since I have watched every Persona 4 ER to date and the ending to Persona 3 (not FES just normal). I mean will that pull the game for me? But I got sick of just watching what looks a phenominal game and have to play it some way or another, as soon as I could afford theese disk's. 

TBH though the ending to Persona 3 is what did it really for me, I mean it's deep
     And already fond of the charcters in 3 after watching afew video's on youtube. By the time I have got around to 4, I will probley forgot exactly how Persona 4 goes from ER. 

I see lodes of blogs up in the forums about you guy's buying Persona cause of ER and just wondering if I have just completly fucked up my money by geting this to late. Your verdict
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattysen

I just got them off play.com about 10 mintunes ago, and I'm not sure if I have made a big misstake here. Since I have watched every Persona 4 ER to date and the ending to Persona 3 (not FES just normal). I mean will that pull the game for me? But I got sick of just watching what looks a phenominal game and have to play it some way or another, as soon as I could afford theese disk's. 

TBH though the ending to Persona 3 is what did it really for me, I mean it's deep
     And already fond of the charcters in 3 after watching afew video's on youtube. By the time I have got around to 4, I will probley forgot exactly how Persona 4 goes from ER. 

I see lodes of blogs up in the forums about you guy's buying Persona cause of ER and just wondering if I have just completly fucked up my money by geting this to late. Your verdict
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead
    mattysen said:
    "heads up Im not an emo."
    In that case, I have nothing to say to you.
    raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By raven_squad

Personally, watching a few endurance runs wouldn't screw up the experience. But... I have no idea how it will be for you. Find out. 

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattysen
    HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    In that case, I have nothing to say to you."
    Does it matter slightly witty happy cliche play-on words band name user-name? Does it matter
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
    mattysen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    Does it matter slightly witty happy cliche play-on words band name user-name? Does it matter
    "
    Oh, never mind.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mattysen
    HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    "
    Oh, never mind."
    Lol what the hell was the point of posting that! Unless your trying to be sort of sarcasticly sly
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Spoilers you faggot.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By endaround

Don't worry he completely whiffed on the end of P3

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus
    mattysen said:
    "Does it matter slightly witty happy cliche play-on words band name user-name? Does it matter"
    Nah, like I said, do exactly the opposite of everything that dude does, and you're alright in my book. He's got a sears photo of himself as his avatar for Christ's sake.

Anyway, those games are long. I haven't played them yet, but I am going to buy them and throw them on my shelf, and at least start them. I will play them until I get board. No, you didn't waste your money. It's worth it to have it for whenever you just feel like playing it.

It's the same reason I've got a few copies of old Pokemon games sitting around the house. Those games are dated, but every once and awhile I feel like going back and playing it. If every few months you go through a persona phase, you'll have it there waiting for you.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattysen

@Fallen189

Honestly? How? 
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mattysen

@ Toowalrus

Cheers man, I'm the same, all my friend's kill me when I tell them I havent even opend Cod-5  and Dead Space yet cause I have not got around to it.
    Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Just don't play part 4 before part 3. I did and it kinda' killed it for me....

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead
    mattysen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "mattysen said:
    "
    Oh, never mind."
    Lol what the hell was the point of posting that! Unless your trying to be sort of sarcasticly sly
    "
    Would I do a thing like that?
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Daroki

Definately missed on the meaning of and reason for P3's ending.  Play through it, go through the ending and think about what really happens.

GiantDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GiantDragoon

He didn't suicide man. Look up:

***SPOILERS***
    "Messiah"
    ***SPOILERS***

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By coughlanio

I recently bought ever Shin Megami Tensei PS2 games, and the only game I have played is around 10 hours of FES.

I haven't watched the endurance run though, so It might affect how much you enjoy the game...I'm personally going to watch it while I play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.