Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Like the ER p4 will i like p3

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

I never played any of the Persona games but i love the ER and P4 seams like a awesome game.  Still i really want P4 i think ER has spoiled it for me :( so i am thinking about buying P3 is it as fun as P4 better or much worse ?

HUGE Jrpg fan cant believe i missed Persona  :(

Flashduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Flashduck

Persona 3 is slightly worse than P4 gameplay wise, but still a must-play if you like P4.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I got P3: FES after watching a few episodes of the Endurance Run. I loved it.  From everything I've read, don't play P3 after you've played P4, but if you haven't, then go for it. There are some 'minor' differences (you might find them to be major), like being able to all out control your comrads, and not being able to see what a spell does outside of battle.  

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers

I loved P4 but after I played p3 fes I loved It more, I think the story more par all depends on what type of story you like, gameplay is about the same there deeper battle system in 4 but p3 fes has a few better gameplay things. 

Avatar image for quick_stop_chad
    Quick_Stop_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Quick_Stop_Chad

the biggest change from P3 to  P4 is the fact that you don't choose the attacks of your teammates, you can however set how they attack. it still retains the charm that you would expect seeing the endurance run. i love the game and am going on 60 hours and still got lots to see go for it FES is worth it for sure.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

Thanks guys to bad i am going to have to order it from the uk
    damn Iceland they dont sell PERSONA

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AuthenticM

Play FES before 4. They're both awesome.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By BradBrains

you will.

you can persona 3 after 4 but it will take time ot adjust and its a little more demanding.

you can still enjoy p4 even after watching ER

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Persona 3 FES is not as polished as 4, but it is still a lot of fun and provides a similar experience.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

P3 FES isn't a worse game or a diminished game compared to P4, as some would have you believe.  I do think it'd be a good idea to play P3 before starting P4, though because gameplay wise it can be quite different.  I'm still working my way through P4 (about half done) and it is a less oppressive story than P3, but (so far for me) I'm digging the change.  I loved P3 and still prefer (to the point in P4 I am now) the characters and teammates in P3.  The only thing negative I can say about P3 FES is the "Answer" epilogue that turned P3 into P3 FES isn't all that interesting and (in my case) can taint your feelings for the ending of P3 proper, a.k.a. the "Journey."

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Fallen189

Too many people make this thread.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Too many people make this thread. "
    Well i am sorry i did not know that
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Nasar7
    @Guerrilla_Mason said:
    " I got P3: FES after watching a few episodes of the Endurance Run. I loved it.  From everything I've read, don't play P3 after you've played P4, but if you haven't, then go for it. There are some 'minor' differences (you might find them to be major), like being able to all out control your comrads, and not being able to see what a spell does outside of battle.   "
    On the other hand, if you've already played P4 you probably have many of the spell names/effects memorized so this isn't necessarily a bad thing lol. The only thing that I really can't go back to is not having direct control over the party members.
    Magnus_Bulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Magnus_Bulla

I played through FES after playing 4 and I still really enjoyed it. The menus are a lot worse, namely equipment management, but none of that was ever enough to make me not want to play. And yeah, as mentioned above, watching your bonehead AI teammates make bad choices is a pain as well. Overall it's definitely worth a playthrough or two....or three.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.