Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Max S-Links in Round 1?

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aus_azn

How lenient is this game with S-Links and maxing them all? I remember Persona 3 leaving you absolutely no room for error, and I'm afraid that I may have already mucked it up by missing the opportunity to open Ai's S-Link...

Also, what tangible benefit do the side-meetings offer (i.e. when someone calls you to hang out on a Sunday)? I have never gotten a rank-up from them yet. Likewise with the matching Personas; trying to wing this one, I haven't been matching my Personas to the S-Link yet I'm still thus far ranking up once every "date"?

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Cerogravian

I'm not one hundred percent on all of the p4 mechanics, but I know that the "side-meetings" give you more "points" towards your next rank-up; reducing the chance that a regular meeting will just become "you spent time with X..." with no rank-ups. Matching personae to your dates helps by giving you more points, the same way that some answers give more points towards the rank-ups. 
    Though I'm more involved with the P3 mechanics, so feel free to correct me if I've gotten things confused...

Oh, and I have no scientific basis for this, but from what I've seen and played, P4 was much more lenient compared to P3, but I'm not sure how much room for error there is...

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/945498-shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/faqs/55038

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Cerogravian

...was thinking of recommending gamefaqs (or similar), but at the same time I know that I, and probably other players as well, like to keep away from them; once you start looking it's hard to stop reading and ruining the challenges for yourself.

...But I guess that could be just me as well...

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aus_azn

Mmm, I didn't follow a guide and managed to max everything except for the Student Council one (which was rank 9 before the endgame), so I think I'll just wing it if you guys say it's more lenient. Maybe make decisions as I would in real life.

If I can get Yumi and Yukiko, it's good enough for me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @Aus_azn:   The more party member social links you can max out, the better, considering that's the method by which their Personas evolve in this game.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aus_azn
    @Hailinel:  You have got to be shittin' me. I've been trying to focus on Yumi and Yousuke... So I should have invested my time into Chie instead? FFFFUUU... Well, at least I'm only in mid-May.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Catolf
    @Aus_azn said:
    " @Hailinel:  You have got to be shittin' me. I've been trying to focus on Yumi and Yousuke... So I should have invested my time into Chie instead? FFFFUUU... Well, at least I'm only in mid-May. "
    XD! I know how to feel, I freaked when I found out too, you still got time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.