MC saying Persona name.

#1 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Sometimes when you attack a monster by using a spell they are weak against, the MC says the Persona name, and gets a close up of his eyes. Is this completely random, or is there any way to trigger this every time? I like when he does that.

#2 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I think it's random.

#3 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

Yeah I think it's random. I like it better in Persona 3 though because the MC is voiced by the same guy who plays Yosuke, which makes it way more awesome.

#4 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I think it only happens when you get a crit. or hit a weakness but even then it's still random.

#5 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Too bad :(. Thanks!

#6 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I've never played these games
#7 Edited by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

It happens when one of the monsters/shadows is weak to the spell you cast on them. for him it is pretty much random

#8 Posted by FreezingVibrations (39 posts) -

Came in expecting some sort of Master of Ceremonies calling out Personas.

#9 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" Yeah I think it's random. I like it better in Persona 3 though because the MC is voiced by the same guy who plays Yosuke, which makes it way more awesome. "
I did not know that. Just got FES yesterday.
#10 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3301 posts) -

Mad random. Usually on crit though. 

#11 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Pretty sure he doesn't do it for most persona, just some of the more important ones.

#12 Posted by Gaff (1745 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" Yeah I think it's random. I like it better in Persona 3 though because the MC is voiced by the same guy who plays Yosuke, which makes it way more awesome. "
Well, in P4, Johnny Yong Bosch voiced the MC and Tohru Adachi. How's that for foreshadowing, huh?
#13 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

In P3P, the female protagonist is voiced by Rise.

#14 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" Pretty sure he doesn't do it for most persona, just some of the more important ones. "
Actually, he'll do it for all of them. He has a line recorded for each one. If you rip the audio from the game you can listen to each one.
#15 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -
@Gaff said:
" @supermike6 said:
Well, in P4, Johnny Yong Bosch voiced the MC and Tohru Adachi. How's that for foreshadowing, huh? "
Just like how in P3 Yuri Lowenthal voiced the MC and Pharos and Ryoji.
#16 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @keyhunter said:
" Pretty sure he doesn't do it for most persona, just some of the more important ones. "
Actually, he'll do it for all of them. He has a line recorded for each one. If you rip the audio from the game you can listen to each one. "
And they did all that on a lowly DVD. Who needs ya, blu rays?
#18 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
" @supermike6 said:
I did not know that. Just got FES yesterday. "
My mind is blown.
#19 Posted by onimonkii (2441 posts) -

when i read the title i thought of a dude yelling PERSONAAAAAAA over a dj set

#20 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

It's when he attacks the shadow with something it's weak against.

#21 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I think it happens if the spell is it's weakness AND it crits.

#22 Posted by endaround (2145 posts) -

The name call out is random; the eye shot is when you hit a weakness.  And yeah every single persona is named 

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I think it happens if the spell is it's weakness AND it crits. "
No, it's random. I don't even think a spell that an enemy was weak to could crit.
#24 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
No, it's random. I don't even think a spell that an enemy was weak to could crit. "
PROVE IT.
#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" PROVE IT. "
I don't have any sources (any longer), but this is what I remember from playing Persona 4 and watching the Endurance Run.
#26 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" PROVE IT. "
I don't have any sources (any longer), but this is what I remember from playing Persona 4 and watching the Endurance Run. "
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly.
#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Is the onus not on you to provide proof as you were the one bringing forth the claim initially?
#28 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: It isn't. Because I said "I think" and you said "No, this is how it is."
#29 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Some of you guys clearly didn't read my first post.

"Sometimes when you attack a monster by using a spell they are weak against..."

#30 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@onimonkii said:

" when i read the title i thought of a dude yelling PERSONAAAAAAA over a dj set "

I need to get in on this.
#31 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
No, it's random. I don't even think a spell that an enemy was weak to could crit. "
PROVE IT. "
I can vouch for him:

He's right.
#32 Posted by shinluis (428 posts) -

Huh? What does MC stand for? Master Charlie?

#33 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@shinluis said:
" Huh? What does MC stand for? Master Charlie? "
Main Character.

But I like yours better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.