My Journey in to Persona 4 animation: ep 19

Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -
A time to remember, I think -_-;

Its here, the festival episode and it not just any anime festival episode but a Persona 4 one.

The festival event was one of my favorite moments in the game and now the anime since it was really letting lose all of the characters in some sort of strange event. We finally get to see the rendition of Romeo and Juliet / Hamlet, Yu trying to avoid fortunetelling Margaret from Ai, and the group dating café goes well with YU getting in to character. By far the best one was the famous beauty and cross-dressing pageant. Seeing the people's reactions to the guys dress up was just hilarious. I still wonder how was Naoto able to pull off dressing Teddie up? The beauty pageant also had some nice comedy moments

While all of this was happening, Yu was getting his social link on with Ayane Matsunaga (Sun arcana). Her story isn't very dramatic as Yumi Ozawa was but it a nice one that is supported by Yu helpful nature. It was also nice that they gave it little more time for her little story to develop than some other social links. There was also some development with Rise as she's figuring out what she wants to do with her life. It looks like Yu is taking the friendly route with Rise problem instead of the lover which means he may be looking at someone else to fall in love with.

The fun isn't over yet as we head to the Amagi Inn for some hot bath time.

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

It's a trap!
Kiss me you fool!
Real men wear white
#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -
A time to remember, I think -_-;

Its here, the festival episode and it not just any anime festival episode but a Persona 4 one.

The festival event was one of my favorite moments in the game and now the anime since it was really letting lose all of the characters in some sort of strange event. We finally get to see the rendition of Romeo and Juliet / Hamlet, Yu trying to avoid fortunetelling Margaret from Ai, and the group dating café goes well with YU getting in to character. By far the best one was the famous beauty and cross-dressing pageant. Seeing the people's reactions to the guys dress up was just hilarious. I still wonder how was Naoto able to pull off dressing Teddie up? The beauty pageant also had some nice comedy moments

While all of this was happening, Yu was getting his social link on with Ayane Matsunaga (Sun arcana). Her story isn't very dramatic as Yumi Ozawa was but it a nice one that is supported by Yu helpful nature. It was also nice that they gave it little more time for her little story to develop than some other social links. There was also some development with Rise as she's figuring out what she wants to do with her life. It looks like Yu is taking the friendly route with Rise problem instead of the lover which means he may be looking at someone else to fall in love with.

The fun isn't over yet as we head to the Amagi Inn for some hot bath time.

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

It's a trap!
Kiss me you fool!
Real men wear white
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

It's a trap!

I should have known something was wrong when I went to the cross-dressing page on the site and saw Teddie on there. But I still watched this episode. (As for why I was looking at that page, that's a story for another day.)

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -

How (where?) have you already seen episode 19? There are only 18 on Hulu.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

How (where?) have you already seen episode 19? There are only 18 on Hulu.

Here. I find it better than Hulu, since there aren't any commercial breaks. (I'm not against commercial breaks, but I am against commercial breaks in very obviously wrong places.)

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Crazy! Not you, that it's also on this other website, and sooner, it seems. Well, you're crazy too.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23676 posts) -

This episode was filled with great moments.

• Yu's thirty-minute motivational speech.
  • Yu's role in the group-date cafe.
  • Ayane practicing Never More on her trombone.
  • The way that Ayane's Social Link was handled.
  • Ai versus the "Fortune Teller."
  • Bancho-chan Yu!
  • Alice Teddie!
  • A glimpse of Naoto in her swimsuit, and Kanji's reaction.

All of it splendidly done. I'm eager to see the follow-up at the Amagi Inn next week.

Which also seems like the perfect place to continue Yukiko's Social Link.

#7 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I enjoyed this one a lot and that is really all there is to say about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.