Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

My Journey in to Persona 4 animation: Ep 6

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    Pretty sure Chie was on drugs in this scene

It makes me happy to see the show move at a good pacing. Especially when it involves Nanako and Kanji.

The first half of the episode, or at least a good chunk, was of Nanako spending time with Yu and the gang. It wasn't super major or the most impacting part of her social link but it does show her openness to Yu as being a brother figure. However, this is only the beginning of her social link and it'll be interesting on how they will split it on in later episodes. The rest of the episode involves Kanji, as the gang put all of the clues together and confirm if he really is the next person to go in to the TV. The scene they used for the show were pretty solid as it keeps focus on whats important like the possible reason why Kanji may have been the next target, even if it leads to a miss direction. The Yukiko with Yu scene was a nice touch that shows how Yukiko is holding up. While the scene they kept from the game worked pretty well, I'm a little mix with some of the new scenes they added. The Yu finding Kanji's key chain bear, the study group, and the after test taking parts added to the show in a meaningful way but the whole beef bowl scene, while funny in a way, felt unneeded and did it need Aika to be in it for like a few seconds? Also what happen to the Yosuke talk about who does Yu like? That would had made the Yukiko scene with him a little interesting if Yu had some sort of interest in her (implying that he also likes Chie too).

Kanji has the perfect tough guy voice thanks to Tomokazu Seki, who has done many tough guy characters in the past, with nice screams and attitude. Another good voice was from everyones favorite detective, Naoto, who is voice by the lovely Romi Paku. You could not found a voice that can sound both male and female than hers. And while Susan Dalian does a good job with her, it fails to hide Naoto gender, which is part of her story and a nice shock value when it is reveal.

And so another solid episode that leads us to Kanji being in the TV and we will see all of it next week. Even if you don't want to see all of "that" Kanji -_-;

Hightlight

"Good, we're all alone" *Puts rape face on*
    What are you looking at, bitch?
    How can you eat at a time like this?
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

It makes me happy to see the show move at a good pacing. Especially when it involves Nanako and Kanji.

The first half of the episode, or at least a good chunk, was of Nanako spending time with Yu and the gang. It wasn't super major or the most impacting part of her social link but it does show her openness to Yu as being a brother figure. However, this is only the beginning of her social link and it'll be interesting on how they will split it on in later episodes. The rest of the episode involves Kanji, as the gang put all of the clues together and confirm if he really is the next person to go in to the TV. The scene they used for the show were pretty solid as it keeps focus on whats important like the possible reason why Kanji may have been the next target, even if it leads to a miss direction. The Yukiko with Yu scene was a nice touch that shows how Yukiko is holding up. While the scene they kept from the game worked pretty well, I'm a little mix with some of the new scenes they added. The Yu finding Kanji's key chain bear, the study group, and the after test taking parts added to the show in a meaningful way but the whole beef bowl scene, while funny in a way, felt unneeded and did it need Aika to be in it for like a few seconds? Also what happen to the Yosuke talk about who does Yu like? That would had made the Yukiko scene with him a little interesting if Yu had some sort of interest in her (implying that he also likes Chie too).

Kanji has the perfect tough guy voice thanks to Tomokazu Seki, who has done many tough guy characters in the past, with nice screams and attitude. Another good voice was from everyones favorite detective, Naoto, who is voice by the lovely Romi Paku. You could not found a voice that can sound both male and female than hers. And while Susan Dalian does a good job with her, it fails to hide Naoto gender, which is part of her story and a nice shock value when it is reveal.

And so another solid episode that leads us to Kanji being in the TV and we will see all of it next week. Even if you don't want to see all of "that" Kanji -_-;

Hightlight

"Good, we're all alone" *Puts rape face on*
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I thought the beef bowl scene was funny, actually. It was disarming to see Aika show up like that so randomly, but all the same, that chase in the game (which only involved Chie and Yosuke) ended on a rather comedic note of its own, as well. I really do wonder what the writers have in store for Aika; is she going to play a significant role later on, or will she serve as mostly a side character for comic relief instances such as this? Either way, I thought that the episode as a whole was very charming, from the way that it showed the various sides of the characters.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sungahymn

Hmm, yeah. That's a fair assessment. Though I did enjoy the beef bowl scene, in retrospect it was unnecessary.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hailinel said:

I really do wonder what the writers have in store for Aika; is she going to play a significant role later on, or will she serve as mostly a side character for comic relief instances such as this?

Given her demeanor and the fact that Mysterious Fox wouldn't work too well within the confines of an anime, I bet she'll be the new Hermit Social Link.

And I don't agree with your opinion on the chase scene, OP. Whether it's necessary or unnecessary is irrelevant; I don't need this anime to play it straight and just hit story beats that are needed to be hit in order to advance the story. It entertained me, and that's all I need from it. Same with the exam week scene and how it showed Yosuke getting more and more frustrated.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By metalsnakezero

@Hailinel: I guess so. Maybe it was Aika just showing up out of nowhere was the problem I had with it.

@FluxWaveZ: Oh yeah, I totally forgot that Mysterious Fox wasn't here. How could I forget about Fox!?

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kuz101

Just a quick question, how many episodes will the anime be? I've heard different things from different sources.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@kuz101 said:

Just a quick question, how many episodes will the anime be? I've heard different things from different sources.

It will be 25 episodes.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kuz101

@Hailinel: Thank you.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ch3burashka

A fan-service episode if there ever was one. Brought back so many good P4 and ER memories. It's only the 6th episode, and we have so much awesome shit to cover - Fox, the school field trip, the school field trip to P3-land, the whole Naoto reveal, Adachi, so so much stuff. I was somewhat disappointed that this was going to be a straight-up adaptation of the game, but I've changed my mind. Looks like I have 19 more weeks of pure bliss ahead of me.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@CH3BURASHKA said:

It's only the 6th episode, and we have so much awesome shit to cover - Fox, the school field trip, the school field trip to P3-land, the whole Naoto reveal, Adachi, so so much stuff.

I can't see the camping episode being anything other than great, assuming they give it the time it deserves. Same goes for the drinking game and the cultural festival. Honestly, those are the moments that define Persona 4 in a lot of ways, the vignettes that don't really advance the main plot so much as they elicit how distinctly weird and funny Persona 4 actually is. Also easily made for some of the best episodes of the endurance run.

Otherwise, a decent enough episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.