Naoto gets her own spin-off novel

• 125 results
#51 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam: Hmm, maybe I'm biased due to really liking Rie as Iori in the iDOLM@STER games.

#52 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Bocam: Hmm, maybe I'm biased due to really liking Rie as Iori in the iDOLM@STER games.

could rie ever do Kaine?

nope

"PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS SENPAI THERE ARE 3 FUCKING ENEMIES AND ONE OF THEM IS WEAK TO FIRE YOU LITTLE BITCH"

#53 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: I don't hate Rie but I hate her as Rise. (Hell, I like her as Shana.)

#54 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -
#55 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam: Gaaaaargh, I still need to get to Shana at some point. I'm hearing mixed stuff about the later seasons.

@Animasta: Please, Rie can't do anything but physically abusive tsunderes and small boys. ; )

#56 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

lol I thought people liked naoto BECAUSE she was androgynous

Some do, but not everyone. In this new appearance, she looks like she's found a comfortable balance between her preference for masculine clothing while allowing her appearance to be more overtly feminine.

eh naoto's a shitty character anyway so whatever

I would not go that far but i'm not a fan of Naoto either. Easily the worst character in the main group.

#57 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@Video_Game_King:

@Cloudenvy:: If you like Lions that play the Vuvuzela, you'll like the later seasons of Shana.

#58 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -

@Bocam:

#59 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam: Well, guess you've sold me on it.

Damn it Bocam, as if I didn't already have enough stuff to finish.

#60 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

so she is Major Kusanagi with long hair, i can i dig it.

#61 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

How did I missed this!? Naoto looks fucking awesome! I hope someone translates the Novel.

#62 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Even if there's no official translated release, I'm sure that some crazy bastard will publish a translation online at some point.

#63 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@Hailinel: Yeah but thats a lot of text to translate for a person who's doing it out of passion. It'll be a while for just a rough chapter one translation. But whatever the case there is many crazy fans with pretty good translating skills who would take a chance at do it.

#64 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: There are people out there that translate the Monogatari novels which might as well be translation suicide. I have no doubt in my mind that somebody will translate this novel at some point.

#65 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@metalsnakezero: There are people out there that translate the Monogatari novels which might as well be translation suicide. I have no doubt in my mind that somebody will translate this novel at some point.

I hope so. I would love to read more stories with Naoto in them. After all, I chose her as my girlfriend in P4.

#66 Posted by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

Here's a bigger pic of older Naoto... wearing a rather tacky badge with an N on it...

#67 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
Dengeki Bunko is working with the Persona team on a Naoto Shirogane side story, but you’ll see this tale in a bookstore instead of a console game. Set one year after the events in Persona 4, Naoto Shirogane is assigned to investigate what happened to her old friend Touko Aoi who suddenly went missing.
Naoto will travel to Yagokoro City and when she arrives she meets Sousei Kurogami, her new partner that’s exactly her opposite. The strangest thing is Sousei introduces himself as "mechanical." The two characters make a rocky combination and they discover something called the Mayonaka Site.
The Persona X Detective Naoto novel will cost 704 yen ($9) when it comes out.

Source

#68 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

OMG

#69 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Can't wait for the Persona 4 MMO. I'm going to roll a Teddie Tank.

#70 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

Not bad. Hopefully they keep Naoto's personality intact.

#71 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

This. Interesting to see how it'll turn out. At least it's being written with the Persona team so hopefully they'll stay true to character.

#72 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

OMG

I knew Naoto had big breasts also the other girl in this picture is Rise.

#73 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Still getting a ghost in the shell vibe

@Irvandus There is a shin megami tensai imagine

#74 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

What happened to you Naoto?

#75 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -
@Phatmac

She grew her hair out.
#76 Posted by Grimluck343 (1148 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac

She grew her hair out.

Started listening to punk rock.

#77 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Oh shit, your right! Atlus is secretly hold strong in every market :O

#78 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

Is that a genderbent Persona 3 protagonist?

#79 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@MiniPato: I wish.

#80 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

Some new info: Naoto has a transforming robot motorcycle named Sousei.

#81 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@MiniPato said:

@JeanLuc said:

Is that a genderbent Persona 3 protagonist?

No, that's Naoto, slightly older.

#82 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

@Bocam said:

You mean the guy on the lower right is her motorcycle?

#83 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Bocam said:

She's also got a new Persona: Amatsu-Mikoboshi: Naoto's new Persona. It is able to analyze other Personas and their abilities with its unique skill “Ability Tune”.

The Kirijo group is also referred to in the story.

#84 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Yes

@FluxWaveZ: Amatsu-Mikoboshi is also the enemy of Take-Mikazuchi

#85 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Robot maid?

黒神 愛(くろがみ あい)

黒神創世を「お兄ちゃん」と呼ぶジェネシスの後継機にあたるロボット美少女。

source

There also a 18 page preview of the LN on the link

#86 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Bocam said:

that sounds kind of dumb.

wait

i remember once told me the next persona would have robot dude when i joked about the series' robot girl obsession

welp

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Bocam said:

You mean the guy on the lower right is her motorcycle?

I take back what I said, I thought that fanart I previously posted was official art. This Naoto is recognizable as the Naoto from P4 and her design is more idiosyncratic. I'm liking Naoto's new design a lot more now. Not digging the way her new persona and her transforming motorcycle buddy look, though.

Oh, and that embarrassing Naoto/Rise bikini pic reminds me of Shuji Sogabe's art. Is he doing the artwork in the light novel or was that just a random piece of art in celebration of this novel? The stuff I'm quoting and the cover art are definitely Soejima at least. Can you shed some light on this, @Bocam: ?

#87 Posted by Thanatos3 (80 posts) -

Hopefully this will make Naoto a more realized character than what we got in the game. She came a little late to the party.

#88 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@mutha3: That art was totally from the Novel and yes, Shuji Sogabe is doing the art.

#89 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@mutha3: Shuji Sogabe is doing the illustrations while Soejima is doing the cover art, the character designs, and the new persona. Also the Naoto Rise bikini shot may actually be in the novel, I'm not sure on this.

@metalsnakezero said:

Robot maid?

黒神 愛(くろがみ あい)

黒神創世を「お兄ちゃん」と呼ぶジェネシスの後継機にあたるロボット美少女。

source

There also a 18 page preview of the LN on the link

That's Ai Kurogami

#90 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@Bocam: The Naoto Rise bikini shot is in the novel, it is shown in the preview they have on the site.

#91 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

Does anyone actually know how to read Japanese? I can roughly tell what's going on in the prologue, but I know my translation is awful.

Basically, some girl swooned at a busy train station and got run over by the train. But at one point some people are talking about a court case where the evidence seems to point toward a guilty conviction--is that the case? Is the girl someone important, or were people just staring at her because she wasn't all there?
#92 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

@NIveous: Did you buy the book or is it already online? And sorry I'm no help in the reading Japanese department.

#93 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@JeanLuc: No, I'm using the preview pages. The first chapter or so is up, 30 pages or so. It's not all loaded so there might be pictures which take that down.

#94 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

@NIveous: Could I get a link. I want to look at the pictures.

#95 Edited by NIveous (137 posts) -
#96 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

@NIveous: Thanks.

#97 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
why
#98 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I am disappointed in Japan. Do you have a copy of the novel, or is someone else scanning it?

#99 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@NIveous: Nah, I don't own the novel; it's a scan from the internet. Looking at it makes me want to shed a single tear, but, still, this is a spin-off so I guess the creators might have some liberties as to what they do.

#100 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

this is just an extention of that damned christmas scene with her

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.