Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

New Game Plus?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Vorbis

I'm just sitting outside the final boss for the true ending and was wondering if there's anything I should do before finishing it?

Looked around and seems to be some conflicting info on what carries over to the New Game (some claim equipment, some dont). Would be greatful if someone can confirm it before I start.

Compendium?
    Items?
    Equipment?
    S. Links?
    Stats?
    Level?
    Money?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Your level and all party members level resets completely for the playthrough, and all equipment/items you had are gone. Your money, compendium, and all personas in them however remain, as do the ones you learn to fuse by maxing SL's from the previous playthrough. Your SL's do fully reset though, but as stated, their benefits of being able to fuse the ultimate form of an arcana if you maxed it out previously will remain in your compendium once its been completed once.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

You also get to keep the items you get for maxing out a social link if i remember correctly.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Thanks, managed to grind out 200k then sold everything that I didn't need for the boss. Was kinda odd one shotting Yukikos boss with Odin though!

Intrepid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Intrepid

Some things you might wanna do on your second play through (if you're crazy enough) is to take advantage of the forecasts to make some crazy persona. 
    My favorite dungeon runner was Scathach, using the fusion forecast 12/11 to create a hit all elemental.  This is courtesy of Athellinus and AltecGreen on gamefaqs.

I tweaked it though to have Victory Cry, Absorb Fire, Repel Elec and Mind Charge.  I was quite happy with it :D 

Jessicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jessicake

I take it you have to max your party member's links to get their second persona again?

._.

Intrepid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Intrepid

Unfortunately.  But it doesn't take as much to level them up, otherwise, you can just choose who you'll hang with and keep those guys as your dungeon team to cut down on the Slinks.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Red

Probably the only thing that sticks around (besides your compendium) that matters is your attributes. You'll be able to use dialog options that you didn't have enough courage for. Social Links are reset, but the items given to you that allow you to create their final Persona stick around.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah im playing on beginner this time, only really playing through again to see the S.Links I missed. Able to finish dungeons in one day which is nice and with no need to grind stats I can pretty much spend every day focusing on S.Links (and fusing).

Or until I give in and open P3...

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Kyle

"Open P3?" You mean you have Persona 3 but instead you're playing Persona 4 twice? Madness!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.