New trailer for the anime.

• 73 results
#1 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

Here's the newest trailer.  Some cool new shots of the persona summoning, Rise, and the horrific scene of seeing Charlie actually moving his mouth while talking with Yosuke.

IT'S SYMBOLIC~
#2 Edited by Monk (181 posts) -

Boy that was uploaded quick. Impossible to judge until I hear dialog but looks good nonetheless. More looking forward to the soundtrack really.

#3 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

This show should just be fusing and smoking weed with funky student and fox.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5630 posts) -

This is looking like one of the best anime series ever. Some great action there.

#5 Posted by patrick (563 posts) -

dat rise

#6 Posted by UlquioKani (1124 posts) -

how long is it going to be?

#7 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

I'm extremely happy they left the artsyle exactly as it is featured in the game.

#8 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Goddammit, Meguro, give us some new music already!

#9 Posted by supermike6 (3586 posts) -

That. Looks. AWESOMEEEE!

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Oh man, anime Rise!

#11 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I don't know what to make of the animation. It looks amazing in some spots, and so-so in others. 

Also, this.  
@mutha3 said:

And this. 
@patrick said:

dat rise

#12 Posted by Hiashi (87 posts) -

@Underachiever007: I agree on all points.

#13 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Monk said:

Boy that was uploaded quick. Impossible to judge until I hear dialog but looks good nonetheless. More looking forward to the soundtrack really.

Fo' Sho' 

even if this anime blows, it'll have served a purpose as a glorified P4 remix album by Meguro.
#14 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

You got a new piano riff in there, be grateful you heathen

Rie Kugimiya as Rise again. Yep, they're pulling out all the stops for this one.

#15 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -
@Underachiever007: I wouldn't be surprised that series varies greatly depending on who they gave they gave the secondary animation to.
#16 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

The music is probably the opening theme anyways, so it's gonna be stuck in every trailer. Now for the long wait until September for Naoto's trailer. Wonder if they'll do anything special the day Mitsuo appears though.

#17 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@endaround said:

@Underachiever007: I wouldn't be surprised that series varies greatly depending on who they gave they gave the secondary animation to.

Yep, I'd post that one picture of that Naruto show floating around which has a female character saying "YOU LOOK PRETTY COOL NARUTO" while cross-eyed to illustrate your point.....

But, eh, effort.
 @AxleStukov said:
The music is probably the opening theme anyways, so it's gonna be stuck in every trailer. Now for the long wait until September for Naoto's trailer. Wonder if they'll do anything special the day Mitsuo appears though.

I'd assume another trailer. He isn't a main character, but neither were Mayumi and Konishi now, where they?
#18 Posted by YI_Orange (1163 posts) -

I really hope this is good. I know I can't bring myself to play through Persona 4 again, but I wouldn't mind experiencing it again.

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

SO charlie is going to have a voice actor? Weird.

#20 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

I think the most interesting little bits are the shot of Yukiko looking at the bird in the cage and Charlie opening his goddamn mouth and talking to Yosuke. It reminds us that this is not going to be an exact replica of the game and that there are indeed new things to be seen.

#21 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
I can't wait for this. Also I'm going to drop all the games I have to play through, got a huge backlog, and play through Persona 4 again...
#22 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Dany said:

oh my god of course he is going to have a goddamn va you can't have a tv show with a silent protagonist that is the dumbest thing ever
#23 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

I can't wait for this. Also I'm going to drop all the games I have to play through, got a huge backlog, and play through Persona 4 again...

No Persona 3 love? D:

#24 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@Dany said:

oh my god of course he is going to have a goddamn va you can't have a tv show with a silent proganoist that is the dumbest thing ever

:) I know.

I was only insinuating it will be weird to see charlie talking the entire game.

#25 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Dany said:

Glad to see you at least using the canon name.....
#26 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@Dany said:

Glad to see you at least using the canon name.....

well its the only one :p

#27 Posted by Getz (3096 posts) -

I love how everyone in the boards calls the main character Charlie. What are they going to call him in the anime? Does he even have a canonical name?

#28 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

[ Staff Comment
Software for PS2 " Persona 4" game director : Katsura Hashino

Do I have the anime and the P4? Being asked ,
     A year ago and the word of the reply (and I Kke ?)

As soon as you meet everyone 's production staff ,
     " First tell me where location scout " getting hot and excited to shout ,
     You may also set up very well the atmosphere can come up ,
     Somehow in love with "P4" reminded me of was making .

The cooperation has also let us ask , of course,
     I wait for completion , along with everyone! !

i love google translate
 @Getz said:

I love how everyone in the boards calls the main character Charlie. What are they going to call him in the anime? Does he even have a canonical name?

Yu Narukami
#29 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -
@Getz said:

Yu Narukami, which roughly translates to "Become a god".
#30 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Getz said:

He's called Yu Narukami in the anime!

EDIT: Awww, too late!

#31 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@AxleStukov said:

@Getz said:

It can certainly be interpreted as a pun that way, but as Pepsiman told me a while back it is a majestic name in its own right. Forgot what exactly it means, though it's pretty righteous.

#32 Edited by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I want more P4 music... 

Still, cautiously optimistic on my end.

#33 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Getz said:

It's Souji Seta in the manga and Yu Narukami in the anime.
#34 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@AxleStukov said:

@Getz said:

Nah, That's people taking the words Naru and Kami separately, on top of using Yu in an English context.

Actually translated, his name means rice thundergod or something. Probably sounds less silly in Japanese!
#35 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Looks great, really looking forward to this one. Good thing it's not too far away in the future.

#36 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

This is still looking great, and while the music has been the same in pretty much all of these, at least it's fantastic music.  Anyone else vaguely creeped out by that shot of Yukiko staring at the birdcage, though...?

#37 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@Monk said:

Voice actors are the same as in the Japanese version of the game. I played it and I thought the voices were done pretty well there (Teddie is really annoying though).
#38 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
This is still looking great, and while the music has been the same in pretty much all of these, at least it's fantastic music.  Anyone else vaguely creeped out by that shot of Yukiko staring at the birdcage, though...?
symbolism~!!!!!!!!!

@eldiax said:
@Monk said:

Voice actors are the same as in the Japanese version of the game. I played it and I thought the voices were done pretty well there (Teddie is really annoying though).

To me, JP Rise was so, so much worse. Every second spent listening to that VA is pure agony.
#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

When's this supposed to come out?

#40 Edited by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I feel like I'm tripping when I see those eye close-ups and shadows/personas animated like that. I want the soundtrack, hopefully Meguro's made lots of entirely new tunes.

#41 Posted by Wes899 (2119 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This fall I would think.

#42 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@RE_Player92 said:

No Persona 3 love? D:

I already played through P3P twice this year, as the male and female protagonist :P
#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@Wes899 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

This fall I would think.

Yeah, apparent;y it's going to be broadcast in Japan this October. That's sooner than I expected. Looking forward to it.
#44 Posted by MrEID (16 posts) -

I rarely get excited about anime anymore. But man, this looks really good. I'm loving the artwork and the soundtrack so far!

#45 Posted by Sanj (2453 posts) -

That looked awesome.

#46 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

@Cloudenvy

@RE_Player92 said:

No Persona 3 love? D:

I already played through P3P twice this year, as the male and female protagonist :P

Not enough! haha!

#47 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1856 posts) -

Maybe it's time to finally play Persona 4. Picked it up after watching some of the Endurance Run because it looked really interesting but never got around to it.

That soundtrack though, MMM. Can't wait to pick it up.

#48 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -

Looks like poop

#49 Posted by Snipper138 (341 posts) -

Looking forward to it.

#50 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Ugh, i want the english dub right now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.