New trailer for the anime.

• 73 results
#51 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -
@mutha3 said: 
Nah, That's people taking the words Naru and Kami separately, on top of using Yu in an English context.  Actually translated, his name means rice thundergod or something. Probably sounds less silly in Japanese!
...No, lets just go with that and call it a day. 

Still not keen on derpsuke in these trailers.
#52 Posted by jello44 (44 posts) -
@Artemesia: Do eeeeeeeet!

I haven't been this excited for an anime series in a while.
#53 Posted by Mcfart (1537 posts) -

CHARLIE TALKS!?!??!?!

Not watching.

#54 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

So, the soundtrack for the anime will pretty much be -Reincarnation: Persona 4-?

'Cause I'd buy that shit like, five times.

#55 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

RISEEEEEEEE

#56 Posted by Lykos (66 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic on this one. 

When I think about it, if they ever dub it to English, who's going to voice Charlie? They can't use the same voice actor as in the game, since he also voices Adachi.

#57 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

The only music I've listened to in my car CD player for like the last year or more is the P4 soundtrack, and I love the music in the trailer. I'm still not used to the art style, but it's not that big of a deal.

#58 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

New PV with Risa, attacks, and more.
#59 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -
@Lykos said:
Cautiously optimistic on this one.   When I think about it, if they ever dub it to English, who's going to voice Charlie? They can't use the same voice actor as in the game, since he also voices Adachi.
The two voices Johnny Yong Bosch used for P4 are pretty distinct, I think it could work.
#60 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Either this has lengthy dialogues between Fox and Funky Student or I'm out.

#61 Edited by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

Screenshots

Possible day transitions?

Eat this...

.. Zio Matherfucker!

Foreshadowing?

Hotness  \(^_^)/

Eat this...

...Garu mother ok, it isn't as cool as Zio.

More hotness
#62 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Oh Rise, I forgot how much I love you!

#63 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

amazing cant wait for this.

#64 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:

New PV with Risa, attacks, and more.
Check the OP.
#65 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Wow this looks really good and that music is great!

#66 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I'm afraid to go down this rabbit hole like I did with the Persona 3 anime after playing Persona 3, but this looks more promising, and even if it didn't, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to check it out.

#67 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
@Make_Me_Mad said: To me, JP Rise was so, so much worse. Every second spent listening to that VA is pure agony.
I know. I've actually heard that VA in other roles, and she's not usually that... weird and out of place. It sounds like a shrill 9-year old. Comparing the two voices, Nanako's Japanese voice makes her sound older. That voice gets really grating, really fast.

What's really going to suck about this is Teddie. His name in the Japanese version was "Kuma," (literal translation: bear. Yeah, his name was just Bear) and he had a verbal tic in which he'd end his sentences with "-kuma", in opposition to horrific puns. That's gonna be fun to read in the subtitles!
#68 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -
@MrAristocrates said:
@mutha3 said:
@Make_Me_Mad said: To me, JP Rise was so, so much worse. Every second spent listening to that VA is pure agony.
I know. I've actually heard that VA in other roles, and she's not usually that... weird and out of place. It sounds like a shrill 9-year old. Comparing the two voices, Nanako's Japanese voice makes her sound older. That voice gets really grating, really fast.

Yeah, Rie Kugimiya usually cast in young characters so it does rub off on her other roles. Hopefully, she will do a better job in the anime.
#69 Edited by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

@Everyone in this thread jerking off to rise

Have a seat, right over there.
#70 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I don't speak Japanese. I'll watch it if it gets dubbed with the games voice actors... though once it fully sets in that it's just Anime, I'll probably pass.

#71 Posted by Figcoinc (102 posts) -

This makes me want to play P4 again. I wish I could play PS2 games on my PS3. The slim model doesn't do it. Hell, if Sony gave me a option to re-buy it like they do the PS1 games I would be down for that too.

#72 Edited by Hailinel (23687 posts) -

@Dany said:

SO charlie is going to have a voice actor? Weird.

He had a voice actor in the game.

#73 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

I honestly can't wait for the dubbed version, because it means I don't have to listen to Rise's JP voice, and it means we get more Adachi-baby.

He's my favorite rapist!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.