Nolan North in Persona 4??

#1 Posted by xtafxfoulfellow (82 posts) -

I can't find his name listed on Persona 4's IMDB page or even on his own page, but I swear that the "Policeman on guard" outside of Namatame's room is voiced by The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Nolan North!!

. . . anyone else hear this or am I just crazy?

#2 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

Wasn't he Daisuke as well? I don't even know if I spelled the name right, but you know who I mean.

#3 Edited by Pr1mus (3934 posts) -

@xtafxfoulfellow: According to IMDB he's not in there but Troy Baker is and he and Nolan do sound alike when using their normal everyday voice. In did Vincent in Catherine.

Plus he's in everything now, more so than Nolan himself.

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Wrong country.

#5 Posted by xtafxfoulfellow (82 posts) -

@Pr1mus: I've heard Troy Baker's voice before for all the promotional footage for Bioshock Infinite, and I would disagree: I don't think he sounds anything like Nolan North. He may have that everyman tone, but their voices are distinctly different.

Check out the Endurance Run Part 131 @21:45, the policeman speaks then Vinnie says "Dojima voice*".

*I don't think Nolan North voiced Dojima-san.

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -
@IBurningStar
Wasn't he Daisuke as well? I don't even know if I spelled the name right, but you know who I mean.
I don't remember Daisuke having any spoken lines. Did you mean Dojima? He was voiced by David Lodge (who also voiced Kabal in Mortal Kombat. Fun fact!)
#7 Posted by Seroth (721 posts) -

@xtafxfoulfellow said:

@Pr1mus: I've heard Troy Baker's voice before for all the promotional footage for Bioshock Infinite, and I would disagree: I don't think he sounds anything like Nolan North. He may have that everyman tone, but their voices are distinctly different.

Check out the Endurance Run Part 131 @21:45, the policeman speaks then Vinnie says "Dojima voice*".

*I don't think Nolan North voiced Dojima-san.

That guy kinda sounds like Troy Baker.

#8 Posted by BlackLagoon (1441 posts) -

I doubt North was anywhere near this. I never heard him while listening to the endurance run, and this was a non-union dub at a time he was already filling his schedule with every decent budget video game out there. The Persona 4 cast were pretty much all either newbies or established anime dub actors, and you're probably mistaking the voice for one of them.

#9 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -
@xtafxfoulfellow: @Voxel: Daisuke. I swear he is Daisuke.   Endurance Run, Part 15. At 14:18 he introduces himself and it sounds A LOT like Nolan North.
#10 Posted by BlackLagoon (1441 posts) -

@IBurningStar said:

Daisuke. I swear he is Daisuke. Endurance Run, Part 15. At 14:18 he introduces himself and it sounds A LOT like Nolan North.

He does, but you can't really tell from such a short clip. It's probably the same guy who did @xtafxfoulfellow 's policeman. Having listened to him, he sounds similar, but has enough differences for me to say I'm sure it's someone else.

#11 Posted by Wiseblood (646 posts) -

Not every white guy voice you hear is Nolan North, guys.

Besides I'm pretty sure he only does union jobs. 

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (9967 posts) -

Kurosawa in P4A sounded slightly North-y, but I don't think it's him.

So what's the deal with union/non-union? If Nole is union and T-Bakes isn't, how are they always working together? Can a game be simultaneously union and scabs?

#13 Posted by Wiseblood (646 posts) -

Some actors are just more willing to take non-union gigs (either under pseudonyms or uncredited).

#14 Posted by MC_Hify (338 posts) -

I just watched the Persona 4 anime and I'm pretty sure Namatame was Nolan North.

#15 Posted by ChrisTaran (1622 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Nolan North voices Yukiko.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.