Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Oh yeah, Gamefaqs has Persona 4 on its Best Game Ever contest

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MiserableGerm

Not saying to vote cheat or anything, but I'm asking you guys to support it as it draws nearer to its showdown. Its in 13 days. So not until Mid-May.

www.gamefaqs.com

the competition it has is pretty stiff for the first round.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

It doesn't stand a chance. It's going to get trounced right in the first round.

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MiserableGerm

It doesn't hurt to try. Remember Starcraft?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Are you referring to this poll? Those results really don't surprise me. If Persona 4 somehow managed to beat out GTA IV, Street Fighter IV, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that would be a surprise.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Eder

The final will be for sure between these: FF7 and Ocarina of Time. Not my picks but thats just how its gonna be

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MiserableGerm

I want it to at least make it to the second round. That's all I'm asking...

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ChrisTaran

I'll do my part!  Must keep hope alive!

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By subject2change

I did that thing a while ago and I have it getting knocked out second round, while it is now one of my favorite RPGs I didn't play it at the time and I went more with the masses then my personal feelings on a lot of titles. However do have Chrono Cross (Most favorite game ever!) coming in 2nd behind FFVII (the fan base is too strong, while I am a fan I am not over the top insane about it). Would love to see P4 put up a fight though against some of those more mainstream and widely accepted titles from casual gamers and the like.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By WrenchNinja

It's a great game, but it'll never make it against GTA4, Brawl AND SF4. The fanbases for those three games are just too large.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As usual, either Final Fantasy VII or Ocarina of Time will win, being two of the most overrated games in history. (and OOT is still my favorite Zelda title). Persona 4 is a little too niche to really get past one or two rounds, which is sad when you think about it.

But whatever, I find GameFaqs contests like these to be dumb and predictable (if game has Final Fantasy in title, automatic win unless against Zelda, Goldeneye, or Another Final Fantasy Game, at which point it becomes dicey.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.