Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Outtake scenes

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

In one of my many mindless forays into the wilderness of Youtube I ended up stumbling upon a collection of Persona videos concerning out-take scenes in the game. At first I assumed it was a typical 'hilarious' re-dub or mash up of some kind, I was surprised to discover that they were essentially 'deleted' scenes that weren't included in the game and removed for whatever reason. Does anybody have any context for the actual reasons as to why?

As far as I can tell some are entirely new whereas some are abridged versions of existing events within the game proper, anyway I thought I would bring it to the forums attention as they are definitely interesting for fans of the game.  I'm pretty sure they are genuine. 

I've not watched them all but there is some curious stuff in there like characters appearing when they don't otherwise in the actual game. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

It's not unusual for content to be removed from the final version. It happens all the time, and not just with games. With games though, the developers will sometimes just leave it in and make it inaccessible. I think it's just easier that way, and most people will never see it. In some situations though, like with the Hot Coffee minigame, it should really be fully removed.

That user has also uploaded some fake scenes that are pretty fun. Ever wanted to S-Link with Adachi?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mutha3

Ah, that's pretty usual stuff for games.Anyways, we've known about this for a long time.

No, if you want a real Persona 4 related mystery, try googling "Yosuke's Purple Eye"

(I assure you its not hentai related!)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I think we had a thread on this before.  Interesting stuff.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
    @mutha3 said:
    " (I assure you its not hentai related!) "
    Then I assure you I don't care. :P
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By metal_mills

I forgot how much I like the P4 music.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mutha3
    @LordAndrew said:

" @mutha3 said:

" (I assure you its not hentai related!) "
    Then I assure you I don't care. :P "
    errr...  

Well, maybe, if you aquint really hard at  your tvscreen and turn you head sideways....it...sorta resembles an anus...?

Now how THAT for some hentai?!>:)
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
    @mutha3 said:

" Ah, that's pretty usual stuff for games.Anyways, we've known about this for a long time.  No, if you want a real Persona 4 related mystery, try googling "Yosuke's Purple Eye"  (I assure you its not hentai related!) "

...Figures.

I went through about 6 pages before I realised there was a Persona threshhold, one that I wasn't willing to cross.

The Adachi scenes are golden though.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @WatanabeKazuma said:

" @mutha3 said:

" Ah, that's pretty usual stuff for games.Anyways, we've known about this for a long time.  No, if you want a real Persona 4 related mystery, try googling "Yosuke's Purple Eye"  (I assure you its not hentai related!) "

...Figures.  I went through about 6 pages before I realised there was a Persona threshhold, one that I wasn't willing to cross.  The Adachi scenes are golden though. "
    That's weird, it showed up for me as the first 5 results or so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2JN-qPD5Y
     http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945498-shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/47618982 

Maybe that Threshold is best left uncrossed, though....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.