Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

P4 Artbook and Soundtrack - Worth it?

aylien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By aylien

Hi everyone,

So I'm looking to get Persona 4, but I can't figure whether I should go with the vanilla version, about $37 USD at amazon.com, or try to get the artbook too for about $45 incl. shipping.

Obviously subjective, but do you think the artbook is worth it for the extra $8 or so? I managed to find a link with scans, are these basically all the pages in the book?
    http://dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p4/

Also, I'm not very familiar with Atlus and their marketing strategies, being relatively new to  JRPGs and all (Endurance Run convert!).  Would you expect Atlus to be re-issuing Persona 4 soon, either as a Greatest Hits title or otherwise?

Thanks!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Every copy of the game comes with side A of the soundtrack. Also, the art book is not the same one that you can see on that site. That's the Japanese art book, and the North American one has a lot less content unfortunately.

And in the case of Greatest Hits re-releases, Atlus USA has only released two: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and Odin Sphere received the GH treatment this past September.

aylien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aylien

By less content, do you mean the N. American version only has a few of the pages from that website? Or different material, but less altogether?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Less material, period. There is a fair amount of text as well though, which may be of use to you since it's in English in the North American art book.
    I also answered your Greatest Hits query, so take another look at my post if you missed it.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By endaround

Are you talking about the listing at play-asia?  That's the pre-order art book that Amazon has been including with most shipments (the partial sountrack comes with all purchases).  The scans you have are from the Japanese art book which is 191 pages vs 100 for the US book.  So basically its $15 more (s&h) to be sure the get an artbook that you might get anyway with Amazon.

You can keep track at Amazon for another deal of the day (Amazon is Atlus' official store and so lots of Atlus products tend to be on their video game deal of the day) but it might be a long time coming 
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By albedos_shadow

The art book is kinda meh, but the soundtrack is amazing. It's the only game soundtrack I ever found myself going back to more than once.

aylien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By aylien

@LordAndrew - Thanks for the info about how Atlus has done Greatest Hits in the past, doesn't look too promising for a Persona 4 GH anytime soon.

@ endaround - Oh, so if I were to order through Amazon for the regular $37 version, I might still get the art book anyway? Any idea if this is still happening?

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By albedos_shadow

Yeah, every copy off of Amazon still has the artbook included.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

What is this limited edition you speak of? Amazon.com doesn't list it, and from what I've heard they ship the art book with every copy of the game.
    Of course, the Social Link Expansion Pack is a different story entirely. :)

aylien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By aylien

Sorry, I mean the pre-order art book, I think I just assumed that extras were part of a limited edition deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.