P4 Endurance Run COINCIDENCE!?

#1 Posted by TheThirdRLM (145 posts) -

So, I rewatched the P4 Endurance run not too long ago and not long after P4 Arena come out. And I remembered that at one point Jeff joked about there being a fighting game, obviously 3 years before this was a reality!

In a later episode, Jeff & Vinny were discussing what if there was permadeath with characters you get attached to, pointing to Fire Emblem as an example. Now there's Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

All I'm saying is FOLLOW THE MONEY.

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4303 posts) -

Giant Bomb has a history of accidentally predicting the future...

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Maybe there are a handful of game devs that are stealing ideas from the Bombcast.

#4 Posted by DeeGee (2116 posts) -

I love how Jeff talks about dreams within dreams on the Endurance Run before Inception was even released.

#5 Posted by vikingdeath1 (933 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

Giant Bomb has a history of accidentally predicting the future...

Thankyou so much for that.

also; Follow the Money.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

He perdicta that Marcus takes off the do-rag at the end of Gears 3, too.

#7 Posted by WiFiPirate (141 posts) -

Chemtrails!

#8 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

He also says 'Can't ride motorcycles in the TV world' at one point. Guess what happens in Golden? He also mentions that he would watch an anime of it, before that was a thing.

#9 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

Wouldn't be the first time someone listened to them for ideas.

#10 Posted by SharkMan (636 posts) -

someone should make a thread with all of these in it.

#11 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

When I started relistening to old Bombcast episodes I was very tempted to do a blog where I would track the guy's prediction accuracy. They are surprisingly accurate for a lot of stuff.

#12 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

You're onto something.

#13 Posted by Beb (237 posts) -

I'm rewatching it right now, and in the episode where Jeff says he would watch an anime, he says that he downloaded fan translations of the manga, and Vinny says "Gee, I guess we picked the right game if we are willing to start READING about it..." which I thought was pretty funny.

In that same episode I think, Brad does something off-stage and they say "Ah, the game that Broke Brad" foreshadowing the Breaking Brad feature.

#14 Posted by Seroth (711 posts) -

Ryan predicted Pac-Man Championship DX. When talking about The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Ryan talked about how awesome it would be if Pac-Man had bombs. Then Pac-Man had bombs.

#15 Posted by Rafaelfc (1317 posts) -

CHEMTRAILS!!!!!

#16 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

Seems like too much of a coincidence..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.