Persona 3 or Persona 4: which is bettter?

• 105 results
#101 Edited by geirr (2380 posts) -

Persona 4 for me thanks to the Endurance Run. It's the only JRPG I've been able to play through since FF9.

I've tried playing P3 but something about the combat grind just makes me incredibly bored -- I was fairly close to not playing through P4 for the same reason. I find both games amazingly stylish though with really fun soundtracks. I own sealed copies of both games, maybe in the future if there's a internet outage for a month or so I'd play through P3.

Edit: I should say I own sealed copies because I prefer emulating most ps2 games on the PC. Just in case that was confusing!

#102 Edited by CaptainCharisma (338 posts) -

Not that these games need any more love at this point and without making another thread I just feel the need to say that I just beat Persona 3 and that was the quickest 74 hours I've ever had in a game. Other than Final Fantasy 7 when I was...7, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins have I spent so much time in a game just soaking in everything. I've always known about the endurance run but only ever watched Deadly Premonition and Persona 3 was such an amazing experience. It's the game I always envisioned wanting when I was a teenager and it's a shame it took me so long to get to it. However, I am having a dilemma. I am about to start Persona 4 Golden and to be honest, I don't see how Persona 3 can be topped. So I guess I just feel the need to say that...

Games are pretty good guys!

#103 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

As someone who's played one and vicariously experienced the other, I'd say I personally like Persona 4 better.

#104 Posted by believer258 (11043 posts) -

Not that these games need any more love at this point and without making another thread I just feel the need to say that I just beat Persona 3 and that was the quickest 74 hours I've ever had in a game. Other than Final Fantasy 7 when I was...7, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins have I spent so much time in a game just soaking in everything. I've always known about the endurance run but only ever watched Deadly Premonition and Persona 3 was such an amazing experience. It's the game I always envisioned wanting when I was a teenager and it's a shame it took me so long to get to it. However, I am having a dilemma. I am about to start Persona 4 Golden and to be honest, I don't see how Persona 3 can be topped. So I guess I just feel the need to say that...

Games are pretty good guys!

Persona 4 is much better mechanically but I liked Persona 3's darker tone and story a lot more

Both are so well-worth playing that it doesn't matter.

#105 Posted by Generic_username (478 posts) -

I wish I had finished Persona 3 (Here is why I haven't) but I feel the need to mention that the "tired" system is complete and total bullshit. Nothing about it makes the game fun, it forces you to micromanage your socializing and causes you to give up doing things at night sometimes out of fear of being tired. Not to mention the fact that some characters will seemingly randomly become tired less than ten minutes into your dungeon roaming, forcing you to have wasted that entire night.

I enjoyed my time with P3, but P4 replacing "tiredness" with SP management is a HUGE improvement.

though P4 doesn't have people shooting themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.