Persona 4 Anime x Giant Bomb Endurance Run

• 108 results
Posted by Focks_MacLeod (42 posts) -

Update: JeanLuc has made a new video in the same style as these in my absence.

Over the past few days, I've posted videos on YouTube of scenes of Persona 4: The Animation with audio clips of the P4 Endurance Run dubbed over them. After posting a link to them in a thread in the P4 forum, one on the Something Awful forums about this site, as well as tweets to Vinny and Jeff, I've received thousands of views and pages of comments in less than an hour. Jeff and Vinny have also retweeted my posts and I feel honored that they enjoyed them. I want to thank all of the viewers for your positive comments.

edit: Apparently Sony owns the P4 Anime and is all "hurr my names sony and i hate everything". Not only have they taken down the videos on YouTube, but I'm unable to submit a counter-notification. So, I've uploaded the videos to blip.tv for the time being.

Episode 1: Charlie meets Dojima and Nanako; Mr. Morooka projects his perversion onto his students; Charlie, Yosuke, and Chie fall into TV Land.

Episode 2: Yosuke needs to pee; The teens meet Teddie, decapitates him.

Episode 3: Teddy waxes philosophical; Charlie summons power of rock; Chie becomes drama queen; Jeff and Vinny call Charlie to pursue booty call with Shadow Yukiko; Yosuke shows off his new jacket.

Episode X: Nanako plays with her new magic wand toy; viewers may need to wear headphones for this.

Episode 3.5: Chie and Yukiko make curry; deemed as greatest Japanese atrocity in over seventy years.

#1 Edited by Focks_MacLeod (42 posts) -

Update: JeanLuc has made a new video in the same style as these in my absence.

Over the past few days, I've posted videos on YouTube of scenes of Persona 4: The Animation with audio clips of the P4 Endurance Run dubbed over them. After posting a link to them in a thread in the P4 forum, one on the Something Awful forums about this site, as well as tweets to Vinny and Jeff, I've received thousands of views and pages of comments in less than an hour. Jeff and Vinny have also retweeted my posts and I feel honored that they enjoyed them. I want to thank all of the viewers for your positive comments.

edit: Apparently Sony owns the P4 Anime and is all "hurr my names sony and i hate everything". Not only have they taken down the videos on YouTube, but I'm unable to submit a counter-notification. So, I've uploaded the videos to blip.tv for the time being.

Episode 1: Charlie meets Dojima and Nanako; Mr. Morooka projects his perversion onto his students; Charlie, Yosuke, and Chie fall into TV Land.

Episode 2: Yosuke needs to pee; The teens meet Teddie, decapitates him.

Episode 3: Teddy waxes philosophical; Charlie summons power of rock; Chie becomes drama queen; Jeff and Vinny call Charlie to pursue booty call with Shadow Yukiko; Yosuke shows off his new jacket.

Episode X: Nanako plays with her new magic wand toy; viewers may need to wear headphones for this.

Episode 3.5: Chie and Yukiko make curry; deemed as greatest Japanese atrocity in over seventy years.

#2 Posted by furion45086 (46 posts) -

These are really well done. Great work on these videos. Good to see that his name is Charlie Tunoku and not random Japanese name.

#3 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

These are great. Really funny. Almost makes want to watch the P4 endurance run again. I'm not sure how much work it takes to make one of these, but I would love to see some more.

#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Those are really funny! Keep it up!

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

great

#6 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

You made the thread!

I'll keep watching for as long as you keep making them.

#7 Posted by mystakin (100 posts) -

I agree, these are really funny and well made. I wonder if it's too early to be nostalgic for Persona 4...

#8 Posted by Sarumarine (2264 posts) -

These are so good. I'm thinking a little far ahead, but I can't wait for the Creepy Raper Guy scene if it works with this. Excellent job.

#9 Posted by Focks_MacLeod (42 posts) -

@Sarumarine: I defiantly plan on covering the major events in the story (as long as I can make it work) as well as most of what's featured in the Best Of videosin the future.

#10 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

Awesome job! I will continue to watch these if you make anymore.

#11 Posted by TwoLines (2819 posts) -

Oh man, these are so good! Great job.

#12 Posted by wsowen02 (321 posts) -

Awesome! Jeff's "Oh CHRIST" gets me every time.

#13 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

So awesome.

#14 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

Wow, those are well done. I can't believe the anime follows the game so closely.

#15 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2131 posts) -

God I love this site right now. Thank you sir and I hope you keep it up!

#16 Posted by ChrisTaran (1640 posts) -

Those are phenomenal. Truly, this is how the anime is meant to be watched.

#17 Posted by YI_Orange (1163 posts) -

Those were surprisingly well done and funny. Great job!

#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13236 posts) -

These are the best user videos to come out of the community this year! Lemon! You need to step up your game, son!

#19 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Good stuff.

#20 Posted by VanTesla (246 posts) -

That was great :)

#21 Posted by The_Big_Rough (226 posts) -

Haha thats bloody awesome, well done man.

#22 Posted by DirtyEagles (277 posts) -

Grreat JOB!

#23 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Awesome.

#24 Edited by Mattalorian (594 posts) -

YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN.

Please make more of these. I'm literally in tears of laughter here.

#25 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Bringing back fond memories. You can really see that Jeff IS the main character when he delivers that Raper MacRaper line.

#26 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Mm, I saw Jeff mention these in his updates, they're really good. Keep doing 'em^^

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4928 posts) -

That was awesome and incredibly hilarious.

#28 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -

It's the lip-syncing that make these even more special, you're amazing. :)

#29 Posted by ElvishPresley (87 posts) -

God I hope Fox shows up in the anime so that Vinny's yips can be dubbed over him!

#30 Posted by MiniPato (2742 posts) -

I so look forward to the creepy raper guy segment. Good job.

#31 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Oh my God....  I want to watch the Endurance Run again.....

#32 Posted by Pepsiman (2485 posts) -

I want you to never leave my life now that I know you're in it. Please?

#33 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Yay, this finally got it's own thread :)

#34 Edited by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Awesome! This is why I maintain that I will not watch this anime until it has been localized for English, and they get all of the original English voice cast.

I fucking laughed so hard when Charlie hung up on Vinny and Jeff! Please make more of these!

#35 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2995 posts) -

are you going to do the whole endurance run? xD plz say yes

#36 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

Probably my favorite thing this entire year, and that's saying something. Good work!

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

Oh man, these are great. I need to subscribe immediately.

#38 Posted by EightBitShik (1338 posts) -

Man this is hands down the greatest duder project ever. I loved it and literally laughed my ass off. Great job keep it up!!!!!!

#39 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

This is great

#40 Posted by Jay_Ray (1109 posts) -

Those are awesome!

#41 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Man, watermelons! 
Not to sound demanding, but, make more of these now! They are awesome.

#42 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

Fucking amazing dude. If this doesn't get on the front page thing I don't know what will. You also reminded me how great the P4 endurance run was.

#43 Posted by Focks_MacLeod (42 posts) -

Thank you all again for the support. I never imagined getting the response I'm currently getting for these.

I do plan on covering as much of the Endurance Run as possible eventually. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this, which is kinda why I spent so much attention to the lip-synching. Luckily, most of the video clips I've used 'clicked' with the audio by itself.

Part of the reason I said the third episode would be the last one in a while was because I got stumped on what I should do next. When I was first doing this, I tried to cover as much of the first episode of the anime as possible. However, there wasn't much I thought 'worked' between the anime and the ER besides the obvious stuff, so I just stuck to that. Plus I figured if I tried to do more than the really funny bits, like meeting Mr. Morooka, I'd get fatigued and scrap the whole thing.

Since there's a shitload of P4ER material instead of watching the episodes again, I mostly followed these best of videosfor ideas. If anyone wants to suggest bits of the ER they want me to do for the next video or so, please feel free to request it. I do plan on picking this back up very soon, so you can expect more videos next week.

#44 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

@Focks_MacLeod: It wasn't covered much in the Anime, but I know if you somehow manage to use the "Bufu" incident against Shadow Teddie from the ER, I will love you forever more. The field trip springs to mind as a particularly funny few episodes too, also any time Igor shows up is golden!

#45 Posted by Ethan_Raiden (344 posts) -

These are the greatest things I have ever seen in my entire life. Thank you!!!

#46 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Focks_MacLeod: That one scene where Teddie undoes his bear costume and suddenly has a human body. The anime seems like it would map really well to the Endurance Run for that scene. Episode 11 for the anime, episode......70ish for the ER?
#47 Posted by Wes899 (2119 posts) -

YESSSSSSSSSSS

#48 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

This is too awesome for words!

#49 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I love these so much.

#50 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

SONY WTF WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THESE DOWN!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.