Persona 4 fighting game announced (Arc System Works)

• 114 results
#51 Posted by Zippedbinders (1034 posts) -

I'm honestly surprised at the negative reaction. This sounds pretty incredible to me, combining two things I love a whole hell of a lot. MAINING KANJI ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

#52 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Wait, wha..w.....what?

#53 Edited by damswedon (3202 posts) -

Wow my interest in this game went from 0 to 100 to 0 in one sentence.

Eh I hope it is good of Arc system fans, I just don't like their games.

#54 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Dojima will fight with a broken bottle of sake and a pistol.

#55 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@MikeGosot: @FluxWaveZ

i will cut you
#56 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Wow...this seems like it could be the worst idea ever, but at the same time, it could be the best idea ever.  Man, I'm confused.
#57 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
@kingzetta said:

Adachi's finishing move is raping the other person.

kingzetta  i have no idea whether your a real person or a really elaborate joke   but please never stop posting
I'm a sentient AI programmed by Hardcore Dave, while normal Dave was asleep with a hangover.
#58 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

This seems like a thing I should either love or hate. 

I am strangely indifferent. 

#59 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

why does nobody notice that PERSONA 5 damnnit!? 

#60 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@mutha3: At least it's better than Nocturne Party Game on the Wii.
#61 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3119 posts) -

This will either be the best or worst thing to have ever happened.  I'm ready either way.

#62 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
why does nobody notice that PERSONA 5 damnnit!? 
It was already announced and there's practically no new news so... yeah.
#63 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Bizarre, but Arc System Works are great so I'll keep it on my radar.

#64 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (961 posts) -

Mysterious Fox better be an unlockable character.

#65 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

I think I'm coming around on this just because its so FUCING BIZZARE.

Like, who the fucks looks at Persona 4 and thinks "man, this is a great fit for a 2d fighting game".

I mean outside of Jeff.

#66 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: You sir, make a good point. 
#67 Posted by Allprox (566 posts) -

FUCKING AWESOME!

#68 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

dash cancel bufu.
All over that bitch!

#69 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@mutha3 said:

I think I'm coming around on this just because its so FUCING BIZZARE.  Like, who the fucks looks at Persona 4 and thinks "man, this is a great fit for a 2d fighting game".  I mean outside of Jeff.

but it's not just Persona 4, it'll be both casts of persona 3 and 4, so you could have Kanji vs/ Shinji which is so fucking awesome you cannot even father..

No.. what.. fuck that.

KEN-KUN vs/ NANAKO!!
#70 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
I think I'm coming around on this just because its so FUCING BIZZARE.  Like, who the fucks looks at Persona 4 and thinks "man, this is a great fit for a 2d fighting game".  I mean outside of Jeff.
Dude, did you not see the two pieces of fan art posted in this thread? Plenty of people had said "Man, I'd love a Persona vs. Capcom fighting game" or something like that in the past!
#71 Posted by siln (89 posts) -

That sounds awful.  Can I pre-order yet?

#72 Posted by TurboMan (7735 posts) -

I'm maining Teddy with Anti-Bufu support

#73 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I'm guessing Teddie--who can't actually get up from the ground--is the game's Dan?

#74 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

the real question is who'll be the full cast; I assume the main teams of both (hopefully Shinji shows up) but who else?

Dojima???

Adachi?

IGOR?

#75 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Red said:
I'm guessing Teddie--who can't actually get up from the ground--is the game's Dan?
More like the final boss (M. Bison, Seth), given that he's hosting the tournament and all.
#76 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

@Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

I think I'm coming around on this just because its so FUCING BIZZARE. Like, who the fucks looks at Persona 4 and thinks "man, this is a great fit for a 2d fighting game". I mean outside of Jeff.

but it's not just Persona 3, it'll be both casts of persona 3 and 4, so you could have Kanji vs/ Shinji which is so fucking awesome you cannot even father.. No.. what.. fuck that. KEN-KUN vs/ NANAKO!!

Of course some characters don't translate well, Koromaru's hit box would just be too small to make sense. And no matter what Shinjiro is dead, dead, dead!

#77 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@extremeradical said:

Wait, what? This doesn't seem like a good idea. Like, at all.

If this is anything like the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game, this is the best idea.

#78 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

Maining Naoto. She has a gun.

#79 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

hoping for MC from persona 3 and akihiko. Also would be cool if the strega showed up as well.

wonder if bosses will be Nyx or Izinami

#80 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

@Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

I think I'm coming around on this just because its so FUCING BIZZARE. Like, who the fucks looks at Persona 4 and thinks "man, this is a great fit for a 2d fighting game". I mean outside of Jeff.

but it's not just Persona 4, it'll be both casts of persona 3 and 4, so you could have Kanji vs/ Shinji which is so fucking awesome you cannot even father.. No.. what.. fuck that. KEN-KUN vs/ NANAKO!!

Koro-chan v Mysterious Fox.

@endaround said:

@Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

but it's not just Persona 3, it'll be both casts of persona 3 and 4, so you could have Kanji vs/ Shinji which is so fucking awesome you cannot even father.. No.. what.. fuck that. KEN-KUN vs/ NANAKO!!

Of course some characters don't translate well, Koromaru's hit box would just be too small to make sense. And no matter what Shinjiro is dead, dead, dead!

Persona 3 Portable's Female MC route: no he ain't!

#81 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

I guess....if we're calling mains.....

Nanako or bust.

#82 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

Hopefully Teddy will be the handsome version inside the costume without the head. Wait, no...why settle on one? ALTERNATE COSTUMES. 

#83 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@endaround said:

@Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

actually about Shinji..

#84 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

@Catolf: Never happened. Nope. He's dead. Gone.

#85 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I'm maining the dude in my avatar, without a doubt.

#86 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

This might usurp Mortal Kombat as the most exited I have ever been about a fighting game's story.

#87 Posted by mosespippy (4466 posts) -

Can't wait to see Funky Student and Kanji throw down against those pigs Dojima and dude who sells weapons at the mall. Or the Gourmet King vs sports teams.

#88 Posted by StarvingGamer (8559 posts) -

At first I was all like uguuu then I was all like oh shit Arc System is involved and now I'm all like FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for summoners fighting with Personas used as specials or entering the battlefield on a semi-permanent basis as a sort of super.

I'm also hoping that Chidori will be playable.

Money matches next year at EVO.

#89 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: If Chidori is playable, Jesus needs to be playable too!
#90 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -
#91 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

What? This can't be rea- what?

I must be dreaming. This is ridiculous.

#92 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3119 posts) -
@Devoid said:

What? This can't be rea- what?

I must be dreaming. This is ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.  Chie has God's Hand as a special attack!  Maining her and Kanji forever.
#93 Posted by punisherkaos (278 posts) -

This better be coming to the states and with the original voices 

#94 Posted by Kraank (74 posts) -

I'm pretty pumped for this. Way more excited than I should be lol.

#95 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

atlus lol

#96 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

YESYESYES

#97 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -

Seems interesting...

#98 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -

Wait... story explanations? That means this is cano-JESUS CHRIST.

#99 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@endaround: but it did.. he lives and he will destroy all!

Adios Asshole!
#100 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Adachi is a lock for top-tier. 

I don't really like fighting games, at least the playing part.This announcement just has me conflicted, I'm all kinds of confused right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.