Persona 4 "Golden" annonced

• 105 results
#1 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

So, yeah. That happened. I guess. 

Portions of the Persona team will be working on it, spring 2012, PSVita. It will be the original PS2 version with "added content". P3P had a hell of a lot more content added, so at least they probably won't half-ass it.Personally speaking I'd rather they'd make new games, but I now some people in here love them some P4(and lord knows I'm one of them) and want more, so......Here you go!

Source:http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

More details will emerge as the next Famitsu scans leak.

Edit: some details: http://gematsu.com/2011/08/persona-4-coming-to-playstation-vita

#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

AW SHIT. PS VITA + ME CONFIRMED

#3 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

Presona 4 will see a re-release three years after its original launch. This time, it’s coming to PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities” of PlayStation Vita.

http://gematsu.com/2011/08/persona-4-coming-to-playstation-vita

Alright, now I'm interested.
#4 Posted by Psycosis (389 posts) -

I've completed Persona 4 more than 8 times already and didn't want to get a Vita. But now... I... I just...

Curse you Atlus!

#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Additions:

• New characters (one of them being named "Marie", voiced by Kana Hanazawa)
  • New movie events
  • New anime cutscenes
  • 1.5 times the amount of VO
Apparently, there's also a Persona 4 fighting game coming from Atlus + Arc System Works for the 360, the PS3 and Arcade Machines.
#6 Posted by SomeJerk (3158 posts) -

Well, shit. That's a Vita on my shopping list. I thought I'd have to wait past its release to find a killer app worth getting it for.

#7 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Psycosis said:

I've completed Persona 4 more than 8 times already 

okay what the fuck man, I thought I  was crazy

you need an intervention
#8 Edited by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Here's hoping what comes to the Vita isn't like P3P, and has it closer to the way the PS2 game operated.

#9 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Atlus promised they wouldn't do something like this, didn't they? Or, perhaps it not haveing "FES" in the titles means they technically kept their promise?
#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I got a Vita pre-ordered.

#11 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Well, Persona 4 is a pretty good game, I guess.

#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

PERSONA 5 ATLUS, WHERE IS IT?

In other news, still not enough to make me change my mind and get a Vita in lieu of a 3DS.

#13 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

They added just story content?

#14 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

@Psycosis said:

I've completed Persona 4 more than 8 times already and didn't want to get a Vita. But now... I... I just...

Curse you Atlus!

You what?

#15 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@BoG said:

Atlus promised they wouldn't do something like this, didn't they? Or, perhaps it not haveing "FES" in the titles means they technically kept their promise?

Eh. Its a portable version, its been 4 years. and fans(especially Japanese fans) have been clamoring for it for years. 

Can't say I'm terribly upset at them outside of the part where there is a remake in the first place.

@MikeGosot

Well, a new character obviously has gameplay implications like a new dungeon. I hope they changed the story too. I might even get legitimately hyped if they  make this a weird P4:take 2
#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

If I buy a PS Vita, I'll probably buy this game. And buy probably, I mean definitely. The only problem being that I probably won't buy a PSV until it's been out for a good while. 

#17 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Cool I guess.

#18 Edited by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

@BoG said:

Yea Atlus said there would be no equivalent to P4: FES or something like that. This still sucks, why not work on a new game instead of trying to rehash games that aren't even 10 years old yet. This has to be like the Square Enix syndrome with handhelds and previous FF and DQ games. I mean in a way, this is reminding me of Valve and their reluctance to say anything about Half-Life 2: Ep. 3 or Half-Life 3. I guess it is a testament to Atlus that I put them up there with Valve and similar developers, but I'd like to see some more SMT anything on the current consoles.

#19 Posted by endaround (2140 posts) -

@BoG said:

Think they promised no PS2 followup.

I know people hate these things, but its how Atlus makes money. Even they need money to operate and make new titles. A quick port is a lot of money for a little additional work.

#20 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
@BoG said:
Eh. Its a portable version, its been 4 years. and fans(especially Japanese fans) have been clamoring for it for years.   Can't say I'm terribly upset at them outside of the part where there is a remake in the first place.

The only problem is that... well, I probably won't get a PS Vita. That, and I don't believe life is long enough to warrant a second playthrough of a game I initially put over 100 hours into, bonus content or not. I won't get P3P for the same reason.
#21 Posted by Psycosis (389 posts) -

@mutha3: @theplatypus: If I don't do a "Main Character only, Izanagi only, default equipment, hardest difficulty" run, then who will?!

#22 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@BoG: @endaround

At least they actually put legitimate effort in these ports. While that should infuriate me, because that means more resources wasted, I do appreciate that they aren't COMPLETE cash ins. 

This version has 1.5x voicework, at least one new character/dungeon and probably a bunch of new Slinks if there is going to be a FeMC.
#23 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

I'm so stoked for this. This made my day. One more reason to get excited for Vita. Will they add a female protagonist? More story? Whatever it is I'm getting day 1!! I wonder what the pre-order bonus will be... I can finally disconnect my PS2 because Persona 4 was the only reason I had it hooked up. WOOOO!!!

#24 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

Whatever.

JUST GIVE ME PERSONA 5 ALREADY ATLUS

#25 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I love you Atlus but I also fucking hate you. 

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BUY A PS VITA. 

But you could make Vita games playable on PS3 (somehow), but that would mean no Vita sales, huh? Bollocks.

#26 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

as i said in the other thread i hope this comes to PSN some how, it would be nice to experince this game in HD. i dont plan on getting a vita since i have a 3DS

#27 Edited by endaround (2140 posts) -

@mutha3: Yeah it's not Dungeon Lair

Edit:Dragon's Lair. Typing fast insults Don Bluth!

#28 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -

Well 

This probably means new concept art, at least. Which is cool.

#29 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

*explode*

#30 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -
#31 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Soren said:
Well  This probably means new concept art, at least. Which is cool.
Not gonna lie, the notion of more Soejima art is probably what excites me the most here

#32 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I was going to buy a PSP Vita anyway, so this is the cherry on top.

#33 Posted by MisterChief (831 posts) -

I would have rather seen P4: HD.

#34 Edited by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -
#35 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

This kind of makes me want a Vita, but I also just bought a 3DS. Maybe a year or two after the Vita launches?

#36 Posted by Monk (181 posts) -

Hope this game retains the 3D environments the PS2 had. P3P felt a bit plain without it. Wonder if we'll get a Female MC. Would be nice. I'd say we'd get this by next Christmas. Is the Vita region free? Pity there is no TV out on it :( Makes the Vita a must get too. Excited!

#37 Posted by MisterMouse (3541 posts) -

Id play that.

#38 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yep, definitely getting a Vita now.  Never got to play this game, and I REALLY want to.  Was probably going to get a Vita anyways.

#39 Posted by Synaptic (305 posts) -

Daaaaaang. Vita on my shopping list now.Gonna be so broke...

#40 Posted by Chop (1995 posts) -

Bleh..Vita...bleh. 

I bought the PSP and it turned out to be nothing but a glorified paper weight. Sony ain't tricking me twice with promises of personas. 

#41 Posted by endaround (2140 posts) -

Keep in mind its at least 1 year out for the US so you'll have plenty of time to save your $20 a month to get a Vita! Unless you want Lumines...

#42 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Well. Guess I'm getting a vita. 

#43 Posted by AlisterCat (5488 posts) -

Damn it. I was hoping for 3DS. I have to get this though, so I guess I will be buying a PS Vita.

#44 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

Too bad this was all announced AFTER the recording of this week's bombcast. They might not discuss it next week if it's this early in the cycle. 

#45 Posted by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

@Weltal said:

Here's hoping what comes to the Vita isn't like P3P, and has it closer to the way the PS2 game operated.

Never played original P3 but played a large chunk of P3P & was bored to death. Hope, this is better.

#46 Posted by Nux (2306 posts) -

So now I have to buy a Vita damn you ATLUS.

#47 Posted by Marokai (2819 posts) -

I wonder what will be the "feature that fans requested" that they're teasing?

The ability to date Kanji, maybe?

#48 Posted by BluPotato (399 posts) -

I was leaning heavily towards picking up a Vita when it hits and this just cemented it for me. I'm probably in the minority, but I loved my PSP and it saw a lot more use than my DS.

#49 Posted by figurehead00 (141 posts) -

Damnit, how the hell am I going to afford a Vita?

#50 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

@figurehead00 said:

Damnit, how the hell am I going to afford a Vita?

By getting a job?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.