Persona 4 is hard!

• 67 results
#51 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Nux: the answer fucking sucks, it's way annoying and hard and the no compendium thing is a piece of shit

#52 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

@Laketown: I'll agree with you the the no Compendium thing is really shitty and something that really shouldn't been a thing but as for the game as a whole I didn't find it all that hard. The bosses were pretty tough thoe.

#53 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -
@Laketown said:

@Nux: the answer fucking sucks, it's way annoying and hard and the no compendium thing is a piece of shit

And all that trouble for a ridiculous, overdone, shitty sci-fi cliche of an ending to show for it all. Thank goodness for You Tube.
#54 Posted by BakerTheZombie (75 posts) -

I too am in this situation, but with the Kanji fight. I haven't watched the ER yet, as I want to keep the story spoiler-free, so I don't really have any special tactics in mind. I've been grinding a ton and still can't seem to take him down. I've played P3P so I have a basic sense of the series, but I just can't get past this fight. Any hints, Giant Bomb illuminati?

#55 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@QuistisTrepe said:

So I'm at THAT battle now and I can see what people are talking about. My crew is at level 13, the clouds are starting to appear so I probably have another day to go back into the world, stock up and then grind, and maybe fuse a persona or two.  I've already noticed that buffs/debuffs don't always work as advertised. Sukunda/Sukakaja don't seem to make any difference whatsoever in this game at least on this boss anyway. I was trying to use these spells to get Chie more involved in the fight, but that has backfired so far. Oddly enough, when I don't cast those spells, she wound up evading the fire attacks that she couldn't avoid when buffed at the same time the boss' accuracy was impaired, weird.

You're supposed to cast Red Wall on Chie, not sukukaja.  Also, get yourself to level 14.  Did you try the strategy I posted on the first page? Try going "the patient route" and do one of the actions I underlined each turn as the situation demands it. Get all that stuff on Senri, like I described.

Anyways, Buffs/Debuff make 35% difference in each stat a pop. They're definitely useful.

@BakerTheZombie

said:

I too am in this situation, but with the Kanji fight. I haven't watched the ER yet, as I want to keep the story spoiler-free, so I don't really have any special tactics in mind. I've been grinding a ton and still can't seem to take him down. I've played P3P so I have a basic sense of the series, but I just can't get past this fight. Any hints, Giant Bomb illuminati?

Honestly, its been a while, and I don't remember Kanji's boss fight that clearly....but  grinding is never the answer. Fusing is. Also, buffs are super-potent. 

Take out nice guy(the buff dealer) first. He'll keep powering up Shadow Kanji, and especially when you start whittling down his health and he start casting his heavy stuff-- you don't want this to happen. Yosuke can continuously cast Dekaja(and heal/sonic punch if the situation commands it) to undo Nice guy's buff and Yukiko can keep the party healed.  Keep wailing on Nice guy with powerful physcial attacks from Chie(assault dive works!) and Charlie(you can fuse several powerful phys personae at this point).

Don't bother with tough guy. From here on out, keep your focus on Shadow Kanji. Just throw out your strongest spells at him while keeping Yukiko on healing duty(and Charlie, when necessary) and make sure to debuff. If Shadow Kanji is dealing to much damage in one turn to you for you to bother with buffing, try the Marakukaja/Tarunda combo...if the damage output is manageable with some healing, try the Matarukaja/ Rakunda combo. Don't bother with both, since Charlie is the only team member who has acces to buffs that aren't terrible(lolchie) at this point.

If you don't have Matarukaja/Marakunda, I think you'll be fine too. Just be sure to debuff.I beat Shadow Kanji at level...... 24, I believe?
#56 Edited by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -
@mutha3

I didn't actually need Red Wall like I thought I would. The shadow was so focused on my Senri-protected MC. I just kept on debuffing the enemy, ignored the Prince, had some luck anticipating the powerful group attack and throwing up diamond shield when needed. Most of the battle Chie was left alone to chant constant ice spells. I only leveled my characters to 14.

Now the mini boss that appears later, that's another story.
#57 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@QuistisTrepe said:
@mutha3:   I didn't actually need Red Wall like I thought I would. The shadow was so focused on my Senri-protected MC. I just kept on debuffing the enemy, ignored the Prince, and had some luck anticipating the the powerful group attack and throwing up diamond shield when needed. Most of the battle Chie was left alone to chant constant ice spells. I only leveled my characters to 14.  Now the mini boss that appears later, that's another story.
You can ignore that miniboss that appears afterwards  for a while until the next dungeon opens up and you level up a bit. Most people have trouble beating him immediately
#58 Posted by ShinjiEx (624 posts) -
@Hizang: You gotta level grind you're ass off at the 1st quarter of the game as with most JRPG's to have a smooth run
#59 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

Breezed my way through the supposed final boss. Discovered the route for a true ending only from reading a FAQ. Guess I'll do that instead of going for the vanilla ending.

#60 Posted by FunkyFox (62 posts) -

I feel weird in that I had no trouble with Yukiko's shadow but Ameno-sagiri beat my ass several times. I went Expert my first time through and that eye-beam attack, even if I kept everyone's defense buffed and defended, hurt. A lot. I think I might have been a bit under-leveled after watching the Endurance Run.

#61 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Despite the 3 months, still stuck at that part.

#62 Posted by Mcfart (1537 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Go fuse Senri

you're welcome (but no it's not really that hard, P3 was harder)

P3 was really hard even on Normal. The 3rd last miniboss's Megidola nearly 1 shot my overleveled team (he was heavily nerfed in P3P, thankfully). It's like they forgot that most people would have level 40ish teams and scaled that ability for a lv60 team. Also dying to hama/mudo sucked (party members could take the blow in P4).

#63 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Despite the 3 months, still stuck at that part.

I hope those weren't three months of constant failure and that you were playing other games in the meantime.

What are your current Personas and character levels?

#64 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

@FunkyFox:

Uh, huh? Mind charge>megidoloan>heal when needed, rinse, repeat. Ameno-sagiri was actually pretty easy, and my party was relatively low leveled.

#65 Posted by FunkyFox (62 posts) -

@QuistisTrepe:

This was on expert. I'm not sure of all the changes of that difficulty setting, but based on what I saw in the Endurance Run, expert Ameno-sagiri hits way harder than normal. And uses a much more vicious attack pattern.

#66 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

@FunkyFox said:

@QuistisTrepe:

This was on expert. I'm not sure of all the changes of that difficulty setting, but based on what I saw in the Endurance Run, expert Ameno-sagiri hits way harder than normal. And uses a much more vicious attack pattern.

I probably missed that detail in the thread tree, my bad.

#67 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -

Senri, get it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.