Persona 4 Simulcast Plans and my own write up of the show

#1 Edited by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

If you want to checkout Persona 4 anime in a legal form than you can find it, on the same day as the October 6 Japanese premiere and every other week, on Hulu and The Anime Network.

www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_myblog/Itemid,0/show,Anime-Network-to-Simulcast-Persona-4-The-Animation-this-October.html/

I would also like to announce that I'll be making impression entries on the show, from beginning to end. Let me know what you would like me to look for when I writing my impressions like should I post up spoilers, a general impression, how many screenshots you would like to see, and more.

Edit: I'll leave this here for your enjoyment guys:

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9124 posts) -

Fantastic! I was hoping that there would be a legal simulcast of some sort. Glad to hear it.

Though, I will still be looking forward to the fan subs that have promised to change his name to Charlie Tunoku in the subtitles... ;)

#3 Posted by Karkarov (3109 posts) -

Glad there is a legal version, sad it is those two. Anime Network doesn't keep shows on site as I recall and Hulu forces commercials not to mention I always seem to have a video quality problem with them. Well it isn't over yet, other sites might get in on the action too.

#4 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

@Karkarov: Thats true. These are sites that are confirm to be simulcasting the show. It is possible that other sites will simulcast the show too.

#5 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Proxy, Ho!

Well I assume as much, for European residents are there any viable options? I would like to keep tabs on this.

#6 Posted by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

I'm new to this kind of thing - will there be subs on the US stream, or will we have to wait for fansubs?

#7 Edited by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

@Starclopsofish said:

I'm new to this kind of thing - will there be subs on the US stream, or will we have to wait for fansubs?

Yes, they'll have their own subs on the streams. I can also confirm that the quality of simulcast subs have gotten better.

#8 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

Cool, I will be sure to check out your write ups of the series.

#9 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@metalsnakezero: We should really just make a P4 anime thread and have everyone post in it and discuss the show as it moves along.
#10 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@metalsnakezero: We should really just make a P4 anime thread and have everyone post in it and discuss the show as it moves along.

This a good idea, but I'm assuming this is more of an indication that there will be regular blog updates by metalsnakezero.

In either case someone should do that, if they haven't already!

Edit: I've made the thread, sorry if I'm treading on any toes here!

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

Good that there are some legal ways to watch this(at least in the US) but I'll probably go the fansubbing way anyway.

#12 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Vegsen said:

Good that there are some legal ways to watch this(at least in the US) but I'll probably go the fansubbing way anyway.

Why, exactly? The Sentai translation is bound to be more competent and professional than fansubbers, and it'll be released before the fansubs.

...right? unless they have a terrible reputation or something...
#13 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2473 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:

Proxy, Ho!

Well I assume as much, for European residents are there any viable options? I would like to keep tabs on this.

Nope. Go Fansubs!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.