Persona Getting Its Own Magazine

• 68 results
#51 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@Soap said:

You know what Persona 4 needs? It's not an anime, or a magazine, or even a fighting game.

It's fucking Persona 5!

Real talk, right there.

#52 Posted by PenguinDust (12499 posts) -

I could see something biannually or maybe even quarterly, but monthly? With 4.3 (eventually 5) games and 2 anime series is there really that much lore and such to fill 12 issues every year? If this magazine encompassed all of Shin Megami Tensei, I think that would be a worthwhile endeavor, but to keep it just Persona seems opportunistic and off-putting.

#53 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

A magazine sure seems a bit  too much. 

#54 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

Make that money, hos.

#55 Posted by Addfwyn (1921 posts) -

I'll probably be picking it up, if not outright subscribing. I'm more than happy to write up translations here if people want, or at least just convey any particularly new or interesting information that may get put in there. I do like my Persona.

#56 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@Addfwyn said:

I'll probably be picking it up, if not outright subscribing. I'm more than happy to write up translations here if people want, or at least just convey any particularly new or interesting information that may get put in there. I do like my Persona.

That's really awesome of you. I would definitely be interested! Translating everything is a bit much, but if you could make a thread or something if something noteworthy pops up, that'd rock.

#57 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Gangsterlax said:

wow they're really milking it huh

Persona 4 came out in 2008. Yes, 2008. They re-released and enhanced Persona 1, 2 and 3 for PSP since then, but that's it.

Hardly milking it.

#58 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Funny thing is people will buy it....I know plenty of people here would.

#59 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Funny thing is people will buy it....I know plenty of people here would.

Yeah, I'd buy it.
#60 Posted by AndrewB (7593 posts) -

Maybe they should put out another game. That would be cool.

#61 Posted by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

@Sooty: i disagree

#62 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

This was supposed to be released yesterday and yet there seems to be no new news about it anywhere. I'm disappointed.

#63 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This was supposed to be released yesterday and yet there seems to be no new news about it anywhere. I'm disappointed.

I managed to find some stuff about it. Nothing particularly interesting so far(besides interviews with the staff-members), but it seems there's a P4U article of interest that some guy is going to scan when he gets around to it.

#64 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I managed to find some stuff about it. Nothing particularly interesting so far(besides interviews with the staff-members), but it seems there's a P4U article of interest that some guy is going to scan when he gets around to it.

25 hours have passed. NOTHING. Man, I'd at least like to see a picture of the magazine on stands or something. I bet the whole thing was a clever facade and there actually is no Persona magazine.

#65 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

25 hours have passed. NOTHING. Man, I'd at least like to see a picture of the magazine on stands or something. I bet the whole thing was a clever facade and there actually is no Persona magazine.

If you're waiting on the guy I referenced, I figure that'll take a while. He's canadian, and he's importing the thing.

Well that, or the guy I'm referring to is in on the conspiracy!

#66 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

If you're waiting on the guy I referenced, I figure that'll take a while. He's canadian, and he's importing the thing.

Well that, or the guy I'm referring to is in on the conspiracy!

Ohh... you're probably talking about DevilTrigger over at MayonakaMidnight. Yeah, he'll probably be getting it. Still though, it's as though nothing else has come out of note about it and it's been 2 days. I'd have expected something, anything by now.

Or, like you mentioned, it could be just one big conspiracy seving the purpose to push Atlus' hidden agenda revolving around Persona 4.

All I've managed to find are these:

I'm still surprised there's not more floating around.

#67 Posted by Starclopsofish (88 posts) -

Uhh... That thing is THICK. And it's all dedicated to Persona? There's gotta be some juicy P4G and P4U screenies in there!

#68 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@Starclopsofish said:

Uhh... That thing is THICK. And it's all dedicated to Persona? There's gotta be some juicy P4G and P4U screenies in there!

Yeah, probably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.