Play Day-by-Day?

#1 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -

Anyone plan to play this game day-by-day (or month to month)? The first day in-game is April 11, 2011.

I'll probably do it if I can finish up my second playthrough within the next two months.

#2 Posted by The_Big_Rough (243 posts) -

Damn i don't know man that would drive me nuts....

#3 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (264 posts) -

You won't be able to do it perfectly. There are times, like during finals, where you cannot save between days. You'd have to either leave your PS2 on for a week, or just go through that week all at once and then not play for a week. Other than that, good luck if you actually do it.

#4 Posted by Soap (3645 posts) -

That would be some real commitment right there, could be pretty awesome though. 

Some days you'll only be playing about 5 minutes, and some days upwards of 6 hours. 

#5 Posted by KawaiiInbou (38 posts) -

It would be way too tempting to just say "Fuck it I'm gonna keep playing."

#6 Posted by Sweep (8983 posts) -

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT TO THEMSELVES?

#7 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

Sounds neat, the idea has crossed my mind a couple of time. Wouldn't do it myself since I've already played through this game twice and watched some dudes play through it as well.

#8 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Sweep: I dunno....seems kinda cool to me!

I guess, it would be annoying to have to stop playing for 4 months when the game hits december, now that I think about it.
#9 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Sweep: You're my favorite mod. 

@Mechanical_Ape said:
" You won't be able to do it perfectly. There are times, like during finals, where you cannot save between days. You'd have to either leave your PS2 on for a week, or just go through that week all at once and then not play for a week. Other than that, good luck if you actually do it. "
And I was thinking about this too. I don't think it's possible to do perfectly, unless you intend to just press X one day and then leave the PS2 on until the day after.
#10 Posted by Sweep (8983 posts) -
@Azteck: On the citadel?
#11 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Soap said:
" That would be some real commitment right there, could be pretty awesome though.  Some days you'll only be playing about 5 minutes, and some days upwards of 6 hours.  "
Some days you won't be playing at all (i.e. exam days being 5 nanoseconds, or the study/Junes event with nonexistent days). Doing the dungeons in one hit, though... It's possible using Traesto and getting out every now and again, but holy crap.
#12 Posted by hedfone (1731 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @Azteck: On the citadel? "
VIDEO GAME HUMOR!!!1
#13 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Sweep: Can I get my discount now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.