Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Questions About PERSONA 4!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

I bought Persona 4 after it came out in Europe yesterday after seeing the endurance run but I wonder some things

I choose the Beginner difficulty to make it as easy as possible

It says I have 10 tries when I die before its game over

Is the 10 times for the entire game or is it for each battle?

After I get a new try where do I end up?

And what happens when its Game over? Is my save file deleted and I have to start everything over? That would suck, but if it is like that, does making multiple save files help?

And can I go back a week if I fail to save someone how many times I want?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Pepsiman

Nothing extreme like having your save file deleted happens or anything on any of the difficulties after getting a game over. Otherwise you'd see a lot fewer people (myself included) completing the game out of sheer frustration, as that screen can show up quite a bit in the higher difficulty levels. I believe what beginner mode just lets you do is be revived at a check point of some sort instead of being taken back to the title screen. As such, I believe those 10 chances apply to the entire game. After that, you get your standard game over screen like the rest of us and have to reload your last save. Someone's free to correct me if I got the specifics of beginner mode wrong, though. I always just played on normal, so I'm a tad ignorant.

Also, unless someone says otherwise, I would image that going back a week feature can happen as many times as you want. Even on the higher levels, though, you'd have to have serious planning issues to really reach that point, though. Just go to the dungeons a few times a week when somebody needs rescuing and you'll get everything done with plenty of time to spare.

Again, though, take that information I've provided about beginner mode with a grain of salt. Having played through Persona 3: FES for 100 hours, I simply went to normal without a second thought when starting the game.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

I'm not really sure. I've been playing the game on Normal mode and it's no cakewalk, but it's not difficult by any stretch of the word. Your save definitely doesn't get deleted, but besides that I'm not sure.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By endaround

They work like a heal all in the middle of battle.  Really more for random instant kills than boss battle since you have a save right before most boss battles.  You have 10 for he entire game and its unliekly you'll use all of them.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By agent_lost

the 10 chance work in battle. If your dude is death then you get a change to rise up and continual the fight. When you used one, the entire team get full HP and SP. I play in Easy most to eliminate most of the grinding in the game. It will not change anything and you can still access the True Ending if you wish for it.

Naoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Naoto

Not sure as I've never played on easy, but I would really recommend you start on at least normal. While the game has a bit of a learning curve early on, you'll see that the game gets a lot more friendly as you go on. That's why almost everyone says that Yukiko's dungeon is the hardest. Just my opinion...

Avatar image for relentlessknight
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By RelentlessKnight

Yeah, after the learning curve. It's quite a breeze to finish dungeons and such...

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ouroboros

I can confirm that if you have to go back a week because you didnt save the person you lose all accumulated XP and Levels and everything.  It gets reverted back to the exact point and date, the exact level to the exact cent in terms of money, that it gets reset back to.  I figured this out one day as I had literally 1 day left to rescue someone and I saved in the dungeon, I couldnt beat the end boss to save the person and I didnt want to just grind it out so I figured I could just go home, to sleep and get warped back and have another week to grind out some more.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out I couldnt cheat the system like that - I ended up beating the boss, just reloaded and did some previous dungeons - I had the Coyote/Dog/Wolf dude to recover my SP, but yeah...long story short, you dont keep your gear, etc when you get warped back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.