Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Re-Endure the Persona 4 Endurance Run: Set 2!

• 111 results
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 49!  I still say that Ryan shouting from the background should come standard.

Dojima grilling Charlie about his friends and what they're doing all the time is still great, especially now that the cops are apparently watching them.  He's also really bad with kids, which is pretty well known by now, but this episode hammers that home.  Yukiko also gets to show off her darker side, which is awesome.  Vaguely evil, totally selfish bitch Yukiko is way cooler than normal Yukiko!  Also, Yosuke works with a bunch of assholes, and the summer wardrobes make an appearance.

This episode also features Vinny and Jeff being introduced to the Meat Dimension and getting the Hospital Janitor job, both of which will lead to great things.
    ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ashogo

I'm still on episode 33, but once I catch up I'll definitely start posting in here. This stuff is so much fun.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Double Episode today!  Behind the Scenes Special and Episode 50, back to back, for just over an hour of greatness.

Under normal circumstances I'd have watched both episodes before making this post so I could put down my thoughts about them.  Today is special, though, both because it's Episode 50 and because I probably got fired and need some cheering up stat.  Still, it's the school campout!  You know how it'll go.  Vinny and Jeff will be funny, Charlie will be quiet and suave, Yosuke will be a homophobe and kind of an asshole, and everything will be awesome!

I will say, though, that Behind the Scenes episode makes me really nostalgic for the old office.  It was also the first time I'd seen any of the Giant Bomb staff, since the Endurance Run was what brought me to the site in the first place.  They put a ton of work into making it as great as it is.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 51 today!  Short one this time, but it has Kanji and Rise.  Hard to beat that.

Short, but with at least a few things to comment on - Vinny and Jeff completely missing a clue that would have let them finish the Fox quest way faster, Tanaka has some pretty good prices for a shopping network guy, and Kanji is a Cop detector.  I'm also now convinced that I'm the only one still bothering with the Re-ER.  Prove me wrong by commenting, or watch this post get exponentially longer as I add episode after episode with my progressively more insane commentary!
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By rjayb89

I had no idea this existed. I'm on episode 77 myself.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By punisherkaos

lol the camping trip is probably in my top 10 greatest endurance run moments of all time

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Make_Me_Mad: I started rewatching these a little bit before you made this, so I'm ahead, otherwise I'd be right there with you.  I'm at 132 now, though.
    T4RTERS4UCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By T4RTERS4UCE

What up, girl! 
    And the behind the scenes thing is great. Might have been greater if it didn't destroy the orientation of my hearing so much but, well... 
    @Make_Me_Mad: I'm still hanging out! Opening this bookmark is a small joy of my day.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 52!  Story is moving along slowly, so the guys are forced to Social Link.

Reporters in this game are all apparently either giant assholes, really creepy, or both.  Yosuke takes up a lot of this episode, and still seems like the kind of guy that would benefit from getting punched in the face more often.  This is also the birth of the ER Socializing deck, if I'm not mistaken, and since Charlie is brave enough to ditch class they can start hanging out with Ai Ebihara.  She's got a pretty interesting social link, but you've got to be careful...
    punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By punisherkaos

lol i dont know whats worse the reporters in this game or the teachers.  I mean all the teachers are either severely depressed like the math teacher or extremely angry like mooraoka or they take their job way to seriously like the history teacher 

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 53.  The story is in full effect!

I was always surprised at how sensible and awesome Rise turned out to be- I'd assumed putting up with an idol would have been way more annoying.  Kanji gets back at Yosuke, Charlie attracts the attention of the cops again, and Jeff and Vinny speculate about possible suspects and the nature of the Midnight Channel.
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#62  Edited By Little_Socrates

Great arc here, though because I'm on vacation we're now ahead of where I am in the game. I'll play a bunch this weekend and catch up maybe? 

It's hard to watch the ER and play Persona 4 at the same time. Though I've seen this handful of episodes before (I got as far as Episode 62,) I'm looking forward to seeing new material.

Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By Oobir

Any episode that prominently features Dojima is a good one; he's just such good comedic fodder. Also, Kanji is really starting to come into his own as a dumb stoner punching bag.

T4RTERS4UCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By T4RTERS4UCE

Hot damn do I love that animation at the end. I remember letting the game sit there so I could make a sandwich and I came back and ate it while watching that guy infinitely climb that pole. 
    Also, @Make_Me_Mad: 

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 54!  Action!

The Investigation Team plus Adachi take down the suspect... and Rise gets herself thrown into the Midnight Channel anyways!  Awesome episode today with the creepy stalker, Rise's first proper (improper?) appearance on the Midnight Channel, and then Teddie has an existential crisis and totally kills the momentum of the day by making everyone investigate.  Still, the road to the next dungeon starts here!

@T4RTERS4UCE:

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By punisherkaos

i always thought the parts where u have to investigate where probably the weakest part in the game

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 55!  Investigation phase is over.  Couldn't have happened soon enough.

These Investigation segments are always energy killers... but luckily they never last all that long.   At least a few missions get picked up, and a few more get taken care of, so it wasn't a total waste.  Nanako also gets to learn a little about dead people before it's time to hit the next dungeon- the Marukyu Striptease, home of my favorite dungeon background track in the game.  Personal highlight of the episode is the team getting rocked by two wind attacks in a row, followed by Jeff deciding the enemies must be weak against ice because they're casting fire.  And it somehow still works out.

@punisherkaos:

They're pretty rough.  It might not be so bad if the information you end up giving Teddie wasn't so vague.
    Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Oobir

Well, I suppose it wouldn't be much of an Endurance Run if it was all fun all the time. At least, that's how I made it through these parts of the ER before. (They're much more tolerable playing through the game yourself, where you're free to consult a FAQ.)
    At least we're about to get into some good episodes. Let's play some King Fighter!

chadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By chadster

Funny, I've been doing an Endurance Run rewatch on my own, and on a whim I decide to check out this thread and I see that you guys are on the exact same episode as me. Guess I'll be hopping on the train!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

It's our chance for a double episode today, because #56: Kingslayer is short and the contrast between what happened in that episode and their recollections of it in the next are great.

I wish they would have brought Kanji along for the fight against the king, but love that they still couldn't resist casting fire on him.  The next episode has the guys making some headway in the Striptease, but the monsters aren't exactly pushovers.  Luckily, that means they're leveling pretty fast and get some much needed room for Persona storage.  If only they'd have taken the hint and stopped grinding in low-level dungeons...!
    dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By dudacles
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    " I just received my copy from Amazon and played six hours with a couple of friends.  One of them may've just put his order in. "
    The Endurance Run is still selling copies of Persona 4 2 years after the fact:P "
    Not only Persona 4. I bought Persona 4 around episode 70 and have wanted to buy Persona 3: FES ever since. Which I'm about to finally do in a couple of minutes.
    chadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By chadster

Episode 57 is great for having the original Hot 97 reference on Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god I'm so far behind. 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By mutha3
    @T4RTERS4UCE:@Make_Me_Mad: 

So yeah, way to go jeff:/

I thought it was pretty funny, though, when they pretended they didn't know how to trigger the normal and true endings.
    MrAristocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MrAristocrates

Wait, 57? What am I on? 43? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Devoid

Wow, I didn't even know people were going through this again. That's awesome.

I stopped watching the run after Yukiko's Castle and bought the game for myself, because the way they were bumbling through the battles was kinda annoying me, in a yelling-at-the-screen kinda way. But now that I finished it, it's kinda cool that there's a reason to watch through all these.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 58!  The dungeon gets sidelined for a while.

I love the degree to which they hate fishing in this game- I couldn't stand it either, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks fishing is terrible.  Fusion also happens, and the immediate reaction from Vinny when they see Legion is pretty much perfect.  Morooka still asks great questions that bring the office together, they get roped into working with Yosuke like suckers, and accidentally stumble across the solution to a quest!  Now I really want to try some meat gum...

@Devoid:

It takes a while, but they get way better at stumbling through battles.  If you watch them fight the next boss, though, you'll probably want a blood pressure monitor to be safe.

@drag:

@MrAristocrates:

People are both behind and ahead of the Re-ER!  As long as you're still commenting and enjoying, I've got no problem with it.

@mutha3:

Were I a more unhinged individual I might go back and listen to the Bombcasts from the time the P4 ER was going on, but it was sadly before my time on the site.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 59.  Any day where they can both start and finish the episode with tons of innuendo is a good one.

The guys grudgingly spend time with Yumi, get depressed by Nanako, avoid saving Rise, complete a Fox quest, and get really disappointed when they realize Ai just had them skip class to help her shop- but there's really only one thing you care about in this episode.  Devil nurse.  Enjoy.
    Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Devoid

..aaand there. Caught up! Awesome. Gotta say, this stuff's hilarious.
    It's good that I can watch it with this thread, and go back to doing things instead of burning myself out watching Persona 4 videos all day.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 60.  Some things happen that change Charlie forever.

A little Expression raising and the discovery of the Quest list precede the main even of the episode.  I love that Jeff and Vinny were super excited to make it with the nurse, and then get progressively more awkward when they realize it's actually happening.  "It's gonna fade up and she's just going to be, like, showing a... muscle statue or something, right?"  Still, becoming a man hasn't diminished the desire to hang with Chie or enter the meat dimension, and it's only a matter of time before they get back into the dungeon to save Rise.  Can't spend every day with trashy haunted nurses.
    Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Oobir

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize I was posting a spoiler!
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mutha3
    @ajkalan said:
    Uh, can you put that in spoiler tags?not everyone watching this has played Persona 4 or finished the ER.

What a weird place to bring that up, btw!
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 61!  Nothing stops the Endurance Run.

Whiskey Media overcomes power outages in the best way possible to bring you back into the Marukyu Strpitease.  It's a shame that Margaret's social link requires fusing, because it guaranteed Jeff and Vinny were going to totally blow it off.  Which is probably for the best!  Would you have wanted to watch the mental acrobatics required to complete her requests?  Some fumbling with equipment menus aside, Kanji finally gets his chance to shine, and Vinny and Jeff pretty much demolish the dungeon up until the ending, where they save out of concern for the power situation.

We never did get to hear that story about glitter all over Jeff's bed, did we?
    Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Devoid

Wow, the way they handled the power outages is DAMN impressive. The flash back to power and sound change is pretty awesome.
    That's commitment!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 62.  It's back to the worst kind of grinding you can do in the Bad Bad Bathhouse, so you're going to want to have something else to do while/if you watch this one.

Kanji sadly didn't get to stick around, mainly because Jeff and Vinny couldn't remember that taking fatal hits for the glorious leader is the first thing the investigation team teaches new members.  These grinding episodes sort of become two-man bombcast episodes, which helps a lot, because these battles with lower level enemies are excruciating.  At least they'll be done with this mess after tomorrow.
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Little_Socrates

We're totally back to where I stopped watching because I wanted to catch up in the game. I know what I'm doing today maybe?

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 63.  Boss fight starts at about 47 minutes in for you non-masochists out there.

For everyone else, oh god.  Almost an hour long, and the pessimism from Jeff gets pretty rough.  Complaining about the battles being boring and grindy while you fight every under leveled monster in an old dungeon?  Saying the game needs a better UI when you didn't even look through the menus?  Finally reaching the point where the experience gains aren't totally negligible only to get the one Arcana card that could possibly make this trip any more pointless?  And then fighting the boss while under the influence of said terrible card?  I'd strongly recommend that you have something to do while this episode goes, or your will to continue watching the ER is going to be completely done in.
    Still, at least the Bathhouse is done in now.  They'll never have another reason to visit this place again...

...right?
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

" Almost an hour long, and the pessimism from Jeff gets pretty rough.  Complaining about the battles being boring and grindy while you fight every under leveled monster in an old dungeon?  Saying the game needs a better UI when you didn't even look through the menus?  Finally reaching the point where the experience gains aren't totally negligible only to get the one Arcana card that could possibly make this trip any more pointless?  And then fighting the boss while under the influence of said terrible card?  

Ah....I can already tell by your comment that this is pretty much the worst aspects of the ER rolled into one video.:(

But yeah, its totally unfair towards the game and kinda tiring when they bitch it out about stuff that is really entirely their own fault. I know if I was a dev on a game, I'd be upset about that.

That being said, I wished they had used
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad: at which episode are you making a new thread?
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @mutha3:
    Jeff and Vinny are great, but putting themselves through this awful grindfest in the bathhouse brings out the worst in them.  The battles were interesting... when they were in the striptease, fighting current enemies.  The menus will tell you everything you need to know and a little more, but you have to take the 10 seconds to open them!  And don't get me started on their confusion over the fusing system...

New thread after Episode 70.  Starting the third thread with a strong contender for the best episode seems appropriate.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
    @Make_Me_Mad: 

In fairness the fusing system is more in depth than the game makes out, especially when trying to finish Elizabeth's S-Link which I'll fully admit I resorted to using a guide to speed up the process.

Wow 63, you have booked through these. I've been too busy to keep up closely with these but looks like I have joined again at a good time.

@mutha3:

In regards to grinding I think that the game is well placed with levelling, I never dodged fights and always found that I was capable of beating each dungeon boss. The only exception being the obvious spike in Yukiko's dungeon where certain skills are at a premium. The only time that I can remember 'grinding' was when completing requests for items.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mutha3
    @WatanabeKazuma said:

" @Make_Me_Mad: 

In fairness the fusing system is more in depth than the game makes out, especially when trying to finish Elizabeth's S-Link which I'll fully admit I resorted to using a guide to speed up the process.

"

I thought the Margaret/Elizabeth requests were rather easy to pull off.

I feel the game does a good enough job of explaining the mechanics even at that indepth level. I have been playing SMT for years, so I may be biased, but I thought the optional tutorial was fine.

....Which isn't really relevant seeing how they skipped it anyways:P

@mutha3:

In regards to grinding I think that the game is well placed with levelling, I never dodged fights and always found that I was capable of beating each dungeon boss. The only exception being the obvious spike in Yukiko's dungeon where certain skills are at a premium. The only time that I can remember 'grinding' was when completing requests for items.

Definitely agreed. You are never forced to grind at any time, the game gives you a huge array of skills at your disposal at any point in the game which allow you to destroy any boss if you spend the time and brainpower required to make the really broken stuff. And even if you casually plow through it, you should make it just fine. Hell, you can just make Black Frost and use him exclusively and you never need to fuse again until, you get like, trumpeter. (I wish they had just done this.)

P4 is very easy for an SMT game(not that SMT games ever require you to grind, though).

Wow 63, you have booked through these. I've been too busy to keep up closely with these but looks like I have joined again at a good time.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 64!  Nothing quite as terrifying as realizing that the game is accounting for the Friend Zone.

Fox's price gouging forces a temporary retreat from the dungeon, which is a great opportunity for Charlie to turn in some quests and get lectured by an elderly woman on how to better get with the ladies.  Some item selling, complaining about fusing, and Hard Bolero'ing later, it's back into the TV to take on the striptease.  Overall they're doing a pretty good job in this dungeon, even with a new Shuffle Time minigame to throw a wrench in the works.
    Also, at 25:05, be sure you take note of their reactions when they see the Survive Light skill.  Heh.

In interesting Persona 4 related news, be sure to check the thread here on the Giant Bomb forums about the new Persona 4 project being worked on.  It's probably an Anime.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By sameeeeam

Guys, I just realized I have experienced Persona 4 fully six times (either through the ER, or by myself). This will be the seventh. I need help.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ShadowKing7
    @Underachiever007 said:
    "Guys, I just realized I have experienced Persona 4 fully six times (either through the ER, or by myself). This will be the seventh. I need help. "

I've lost count of the number of playthroughs I've put into Persona 4, but they amount to more than 500 hours of playtime for me, AND I had watched the entire Endurance Run a few months before I even got the game.  So yeah, not just you.

Also, I've found that when I watch episodes of the P4 Endurance Run now, all it does is make me go and start playing the game myself after watching a couple videos.

MrAristocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MrAristocrates
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    It's probably an Anime. "
    We've already set ourselves up for disappointment by creating the greatest project ever.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 65!  I'll be starting a new thread after episode 70, but we've still got plenty of time left in the Marukyu Striptease.

This episode makes up for a lot of the Bathhouse mess.  They did a damn fine job of tearing through the dungeon floors, took the mid-boss apart with almost no issue, and realized that they level up way faster fighting enemies that are the same level than they did trying to fight everything in the last dungeon.  Endurance Run is out of the slump!
    @Underachiever007:
    And the anime will probably be the eighth!  ...man, that is a weird looking word.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 66!  Kanji takes Chie's place for an hour or so of dungeon crawling.  I honestly didn't remember them using him even this much.

Not a ton to say on this one.  Dungeon exploration at it's best!  The Shuffle Time minigames get fast enough to start posing a problem, the Arcana Chances are being surprisingly lenient with them, and Rise's between-floor dialogue is taking on a creepy interview style as Charlie gets closer to the end of the Striptease.  Rise's shadow is one of my favorites.  Really sells the crazy.  The only enemies that are still too much of a threat are the Knights and the occasional cyclops, fusing gets done on at the start and end of the episode, and all in all this dungeon is looking like it's in the bag.

New thread after Episode 70.
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Little_Socrates

Still haven't advanced at all...gonna play some P4 after my doctor's visit today.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Devoid

Hm, I don't think shuffle time EVER went that fast when I was playing..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.