Re-Endure the Persona 4 Endurance Run: Set 2!

• 110 results
#101 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3053 posts) -

Episode 67!  Just when you think the dungeon is out of surprises, a Tank jumps at you out of nowhere and runs down Yosuke.

It's back into the Marukyu Striptease to finish off the last couple of floors.  Not willing to be finished without messing Charlie up in a memorable way, it promptly deploys freaking tanks.  Vinny probably took a year or two off of Jeff's life switching to Kaiwan in the middle of that second fight.  Still, they made it to the final floor and the save point.  You should make some free time to watch tomorrow's episode.  1 Hour and 20 Minutes of Endurance Run, and you won't want to miss this boss fight.
Edit: It turns out I was grossly misremembering the length of that episode.  It just felt like two hours.
#102 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3053 posts) -

Episode 68!  Charlie and company vs. Shadow Rise and Shadow Teddie.

The investigation team once again fails to keep someone from making their shadow into a pissed off boss monster.  I feel like anything I could say about this episode would fall short, so I'm just going to watch and enjoy.  Also, if you're just here for the Bufu, I recommend you skip to around 49:40 or so.  It's still great.  "...Oh, did I do ice on him?"
#103 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

So, I was totally gonna play the other day, but they had a sale at GameStop and I ended up playing SSFIV all day with my brother instead...I can't believe I spent my time Social Linking this close to the deadline!

#104 Edited by Devoid (429 posts) -

Man, that sure did feel like 2 hours. That's possibly the longest boss fight I've experienced ever, haha.
And Bufu moment is indeed, hilarious. Jeff's reaction is great, and at 1:14:00, "I'll kill ya.. I'll kill ya, straight up!"

#105 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Yeah, this was the point where they realized that attack with powerful magic attacks, but with low magic stats, wasn't doing it for them. I do question why they don't look at stats and just look at levels? It could be the fact that they don't have control of what stats will increase when leveling up. I wonder if they will add that in the next persona.

Note to self, don't let Vinny cast any ice spell.

#106 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:
" Yeah, this was the point where they realized that attack with powerful magic attacks, but with low magic stats, wasn't doing it for them. I do question why they don't look at stats and just look at levels? It could be the fact that they don't have control of what stats will increase when leveling up. I wonder if they will add that in the next persona. Note to self, don't let Vinny cast any ice spell. "
Hah, well they've come a long way from not even looking at a Persona's level when fusing.

....Now just another 70 other episodes before they realize physical attacks are actually really good:P
#107 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:
" Yeah, this was the point where they realized that attack with powerful magic attacks, but with low magic stats, wasn't doing it for them. I do question why they don't look at stats and just look at levels? It could be the fact that they don't have control of what stats will increase when leveling up. I wonder if they will add that in the next persona. Note to self, don't let Vinny cast any ice spell. "
Because that logic dictates that Chie should get shelved until the latter part of the game. She has a lull where she doesn't really learn any good skills for quite a while, she comes into her own with Godhand but that's not until Level 70 +

I am going to watch this episode again just for the sheer disgust/ disappointment of Jeff after that Bufu.
#108 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3053 posts) -

Episode 69.  Watch Jeff and Vinny try to pick up the pieces after the tragic casting of Bufu last episode.

I almost wish that Teddie got flattened more, because those faces are amazing.  Also amazing is Vinny's infectious enthusiasm to get beaten by and/or fight Dojima, who continues to be one of the best sources of comedy while drunk.  Chie sadly isn't in the hanging out mood, but Yosuke always needs people to defend him from bitchy girls at work, something Jeff is all too willing to do.  The brief encounter with a creepy old lady at the hospital isn't enough to keep Jeff and Vinny from trying their best to score with the Devil Nurse again, but I do love all those theories they were throwing around.
#109 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

"Nanako, you drive." Gets me every time.

#110 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3053 posts) -

Episode 70!  Fusing!  Suspense.  Barbeque.

A very food centric episode to finish out the thread...  Ryan's hilarious rambling aside, the Aiya Beef Bowl gets challenged a few times with a not-so-brief intermission in the Velvet Room.  Getting Invigorate 2 onto a Pyro Jack is harder than you might have imagined, and infuriatingly easy to put on a Ganga.  Still, at least now they're paying attention to the stats of what they fuse.  And talk about your cliffhangers!  You can't afford to not watch tomorrow's episode in the new thread.  And not just because the next episode is hands down my favorite of the entire ER.
#111 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3053 posts) -

New Re-ER Thread here.  Remember, leave a comment!  It doesn't take long, and you're putting off my inevitable downward spiral by at least one more day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.