RSS Download

#1 Posted by Paloc (37 posts) -

I remember Dave saying a few months ago, shortly after the membership announcement, that there would be a way to use RSS feeds to download all Whiskey Media videos and there would be set lists for things like the Endurance Run. 

Does anyone know where I can find the forum post on how to do that...or if that even happened?
#2 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

I'd love to know how to do this as well. 

#3 Posted by Wes899 (2108 posts) -

THEY BETTER NOT ADD THAT! I just spent most of the past week going through and downloading all endurance runs and organizing them all nice.

#4 Posted by Paloc (37 posts) -

@Wes899 

I'm pretty sure it already is in there, I'm just not 100% sure if there is an "Endurance Run Only" version.
#5 Posted by Forcen (1811 posts) -
#6 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -
#7 Posted by Paloc (37 posts) -

Hmm, I wonder if that's what they meant.
#8 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

I hope not, considering Dave always uses Persona 4 as the example for endurance run downloads. 

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

RSS is just one big XML file. If they included every video, that file would be quite large. Feeds typically do not contain every piece of content ever published. Giant Bomb has an API you can use if you want access to every video ever published, but you can't filter the results or even obtain information on what type of video it is. So if you want Endurance Runs you'd have to go through each page, pulling out data if it has "Endurance Run" in its name. Yuck. It's unpleasant work, but that's the API that's available.

#10 Posted by Paloc (37 posts) -

@LordAndrew:
Well, atleast now and I know, and knowing is half the battle. 
The other half is shooting people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.