Second Playthrough

#1 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

Do the enemies level up to accomodate, or are they the same?

#2 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -

You don't take your levels with you. Just money and Persona database I believe.

#3 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

This changes things significantly...thanks!

#4 Edited by Vision (796 posts) -

ChrisTaran posted this in another thread. :)

1. Social stats. (i.e. courage, intelligence)
2. Persona Compendium. (every persona you've collected with their levels in tact)
3. Persona Compendium discounts.
4. Persona slots (You will start with 12)
5. Max social link items (for fusing ultimate Personae)
6. Money. (so sell any unneeded items before the game ends)
7. Play time.

#5 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -
@Vision:
I thank you for reposting it instead of calling me a newb and telling me to stop fagposting or something.
This is why I like Giantbomb.com better than most sites (also since I'm not a newb...)
#6 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

You're welcome. :)

#7 Posted by Fallen189 (4908 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:
" @Vision: I thank you for reposting it instead of calling me a newb and telling me to stop fagposting or something.This is why I like Giantbomb.com better than most sites (also since I'm not a newb...) "
Theres also a specific item you get near the end of the first run. On the second run, this is swapped, and let's you fight the "Hidden" boss.
#8 Edited by damswedon (3168 posts) -

does that mean that my yukiko will have her updated persona?

#9 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

No but the Persona you get to fuse from Maxing her social link will carry over.

#10 Posted by Fallen189 (4908 posts) -
@damswedon said:
" does that mean that my yukiko will have her updated persona? "
No, but the item you get from rank 10 will carry over, allowing you to fuse her thing. Sort of pointless if you made it anyway, because the compendium comes over with you, but used for No Okami IIRC.
#11 Posted by ChrisTaran (1487 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
"
@Undeadpool said:
" @Vision: I thank you for reposting it instead of calling me a newb and telling me to stop fagposting or something.This is why I like Giantbomb.com better than most sites (also since I'm not a newb...) "
Theres also a specific item you get near the end of the first run. On the second run, this is swapped, and let's you fight the "Hidden" boss. "
Are you referring to the hidden boss in the chest? Or am I completely forgetting something?
#12 Posted by endaround (2128 posts) -

You're forgettinging soemthing or perhaps never did something.

#13 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

Do the personae in your compendium keep their acquired powers so I can just breeze through Margaret's s-link, or do they do what they did in P3 and delete the acquired skills?

#14 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

They are kept. You can max Margaret out as soon as you can afford to.

#15 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

Thank GOD, I got an especially bad ass Surt that I wasn't thrilled to give up so easily.

#16 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -
@Vision:
On this point: what's the deal with the "updated personae" that your team gets at the lvl 10 s.links?? They don't get any more skills and their stats don't go up faster...is it strictly cosmetic?
#17 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

Their strengths and weaknesses change.

For example Yukiko becomes null to fire but stays weak to ice
Chie on the other hand becomes null to both ice  and fire.

#18 Posted by Fallen189 (4908 posts) -
@ChrisTaran said:
"
@Fallen189 said:
"
@Undeadpool said:
Theres also a specific item you get near the end of the first run. On the second run, this is swapped, and let's you fight the "Hidden" boss. "
Are you referring to the hidden boss in the chest? Or am I completely forgetting something? "
That, and Margaret :P
#19 Posted by ChrisTaran (1487 posts) -
@Fallen189: Ahh, ok now I remember!
#20 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

Just a tip for those playing through again: Before finishing the first time, be sure to get a persona with the ability that halves the HP consumption for physical skills. This makes levels 1-40 incredibly easy, as you expend very little sp, and do lots of damage.

#21 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -
@logson:
That advice has saved me SO much time, so thanks a million. I have a Thor who has immunity to phys and Weapons Master, I am BREEZING through the bad bad bathouse.
#22 Posted by Koihime (120 posts) -

There are many things that can change in the second playthrough....

1. at the start of the game, you will acquire Moon Tsukubame 5 of them, It Restores HP and SP fully to the party and revives all dead player, cannot be used unless main character is dead......
2. There are more chances that DEATH will appear.
3 You will gain more EXP and Gain more money in battles....
4. You can fuse the Ultimate Persona, Izanagi-No-Okami level,91 world arcana specializes in Element Fire
5.The second bosses in Completed dungeon will be a lot more easier to defeat
6.Money and Play time you had in your last game will be the same in your second playthrough
I suggest you fuse the Personas Mada, Sraosa and others that are lvl 81 so that you can buy it on the compendium
7. Quests that can be done will increase
9. Hama and Mudo instant kills will not always hit
And lastly........... Discounts In the Shirokyu Store was it Shirokyu? anyway discounts will increase during rainy days

#23 Posted by amino (169 posts) -
@Koihime: 
1.Moon Tsukabanes are only given in easy mode.
2.Death(Reaper) wont have any chance at all  to appear in first playthrough.
3.It depends on difficulty.
4.True,but Izanagi no okami dont specialize in Fire.He learns all magic skills except dark and light.
5.True,that is because you gained good Personas from first playthrough.
6.True.But,in my opinion,Mada is the most suck ultimate Persona ever.
7.True.
8.Hama/Mudo success rate wont be affected by playthrough.It depends on enemies/Personas/characters stats,equipment and skill.
#24 Edited by Koihime (120 posts) -

Oh, maybe i got the wrong things..... Did not know about that......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.