Sign here if the Endurance Run made you purchase Persona 4!

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

If it wasn't for the endurance run I wouldn't have a clue about the game or even the others, and after enjoying the endurance run I went and bought the game by the 20th episode. So if it was the Endurance Run that made you purchase Persona 4, or any Persona game, sign here!!

#2 Edited by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

Bada Bing. 

Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 and when I'm done with 4 I'm gonna buy a stupidly overpriced P3 artbook and the Digi Devil Saga games because I fucking love Shin Ten and I'm fucking crazy
#3 Posted by CptFishstick (51 posts) -

Signed! Didn't give a crap about endurance run . . . But after watching the first episode on a boring saturday. . . I was hooked! 

#4 Posted by MaSteRMaSteR (86 posts) -

Signed, Giant Bomb is good advertising for Atlus

#5 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

Really?

#6 Posted by CptFishstick (51 posts) -
@PeasForFees: really.
#7 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

Signed. Never heard of Persona, nor Shin Megami Tensei. To be fair, Scotland/UK don't get many NTSC/J releases. Plus, I had moved on a whole console generation. I was looking in the wrong direction entirely!

#8 Posted by Chewii101 (822 posts) -

Played Persona 3 FES. Didnt bother playing P4, I can just watch it here :)

#9 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
#10 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

yeah sorry bout that, just thought I would make another just to show how many others there are, incase know one had seen it.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@KillaWolf13: You can always bump the old one if you feel the need to do that.
#12 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Half sign... the endurance run made me return to the game after quitting due to a Kanji boss frustration... lol

#13 Posted by Eirikr (1010 posts) -

Did anyone do that poll yet that asked if people had played or beaten P4 before the ER began? FluxWaveZ, I nominate you.

#14 Posted by Pkshields (811 posts) -

Since mine broke, I'm hoping to get someones PS2 very soon., and as soon as I do Persona 3 and 4 are goign straight on my Amazon basket. £9.77 for P£ FES at them moment, Bargain!

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Eirikr: Nah, this poll is close enough to that.  It's not about before the ER, but it would be a little redundant.  Anyways, I'm sure that people who did not beat Persona 4 before the Endurance Run would be in the vast majority.
#16 Posted by Eirikr (1010 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Ah, good point. 

Personally, I think watching the ER long after beating it gave me a new appreciation for P4. I don't think I'll ever be able to separate it from the game.
#17 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -
@CptFishstick: Really? as in DO we need another one of these threads
#18 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

signed

#19 Posted by mrfluke (5341 posts) -

signed

#20 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

Not Signed, I loved SMT and Persona before ER.

#21 Posted by battousai01 (34 posts) -

yup and Persona 3

#22 Posted by Alphazero (1548 posts) -

It should arrive tomorrow.

80+ hours of entertainment so far... and they fuse sometimes too. 

#23 Posted by Freaksaus (36 posts) -

I only recently found out about the endurance run and this game, after just a few episodes I ordered the game. Now I'm waiting wait the rest of the run till I finish the game myself.

#24 Posted by Sam_lfcfan (140 posts) -

Signed. The Endurance Run made me buy Persona 3 as well.
#25 Posted by CptFishstick (51 posts) -
@PeasForFees said:
"as in DO we need another one of these threads "
yes, we do. Definitely.
#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@CptFishstick said:
" @PeasForFees said:
"as in DO we need another one of these threads "
yes, we do. Definitely. "

No, we don't.  Making the same threads over and over again is annoying and not necessary especially when there's already the same thread on the same freakin' page!
#27 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Bought it last Thursday, forgot I don't have a PS2 anymore so I'll have to borrow my brothers
#28 Posted by PenguinDust (12627 posts) -

Signed in a sense...I've only seen a couple of ER episodes but I liked the game in the videos enough to pick up P3 FES then P4 and finally SMT DDS, DDS2 and Nocturne.  For me, the ER served more as a Quick Look than what it was meant to be.

#29 Posted by Poki3 (529 posts) -

Since someone dug up the topic I'll sign it too.
I went to the shop to buy a game for my DSi (so that I actually have A game for that thing) and I saw P4 and bought that instead. 2 months later and the DSi is still lonely.

#30 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Negative.
Made me consider it though

#31 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

I would buy it if I didn't go to Wikipedia and read the whole story. No point in getting it now.

#32 Posted by MeatSim (10939 posts) -

Yes it did, I think this seems to be the case for a lot of people here. I mean I don't see this becoming the most game forum on the site without the existence of the Endurance Run.

#33 Posted by Pappasman (119 posts) -

it made me get P3...

#34 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

i dont own it yet, but I SWEAR I WILL AS SOON AS I GO 2 MY COUNTRY HOUSE (its where my ps2's at)

#35 Posted by Ben_H (3430 posts) -

It convinced me to purchase a PS2, P3 and P4.

#36 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -

before the ER i've been contemplating whether i should get it or not. after watching the first few eps. i ended up getting it.

#37 Posted by Cadmus (290 posts) -

Not yet, but that's because it made me purchase P3 again!  Played P3 2 years ago, but burned out and never touched it again and sold it for another game.  Long story short the ER inspired me to spend 30 bucks (over-priced but I didn't want to mail-order) on P3 FES.  I hope Atlas realizes how much promotion the Persona series is getting from these ERs. 
#38 Posted by Cygnus_X89 (133 posts) -

Yes, I've decided to purchase Persona 4 a little after they beat Yukiko's Castle. Since then I've beat it, lapped them, and now I'm about 10 hours into Persona 3: FES. After I beat Persona 3: FES I'm going to have to take a pretty long break until I even consider playing one of them again because I'm sure by that time I'll be severely burnt from the series.. Or I'll just wait for the inevitable Persona 5.

#39 Posted by Iggins (53 posts) -

No, but i'd buy persona 5 for ps3 if it came out. Theres no way i'd do that if i hadn't seen the endurance run.

#40 Posted by AdventOblivion (98 posts) -
@Inf225: Same.
Not during that boss but something about that dungeon made me stop playing.
Just beat it yesterday and glad i came back.
#41 Posted by Dethfish (3697 posts) -

Yes. I bought another PS2 (because I had sold my old one just 2 months before the ER started) and P4 all because of the Endurance Run.

#42 Posted by Dudacles (1462 posts) -

*Signs*

#43 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

this shoulda been a poll

#44 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:

Well I never actually saw it, so...maybe i have different settings as mine is set to newest to latest?

#45 Posted by wosifat (188 posts) -

Signed.
Played the original Persona on the original PlayStation, but never finished it.  Saw them playing Persona 3 on On The Spot, and was put off by the whole shooting yourself in the head to summon Personae thing, but the Endurance Run sealed the deal on 4. 

#46 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

Too bad I already owned it and wasn't able to follow along with the Endurance Run.

#47 Posted by Ninjaduck88 (63 posts) -

It made me buy it, also made me buy a PS2 so i could play it.

#48 Posted by MoTheHawk (94 posts) -

Signed, and still playing, 140 hours later.

#49 Posted by Pappasman (119 posts) -

i am running P3 on my Laptop right now.  it works great.

#50 Posted by eroticfishcake (7791 posts) -

I actually bought my copy of P4 a few months ago before the ER, then I bought P3 after I finished P4. But the ER was one of the main reasons why I visit GB in the first place since I wanted to see how Jeff and Vinny did. Either way though, I would have bought P4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.