Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Similar games to Persona 4 in Europe?

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrMuscle

So ive started watching the endurance run and i am up to part 85 and ive really started enjoying this. I never though i would so im kinda suprised. I wanted to play it myself but found that Golden isnt out in Europe, and I dont have a Vita anyway.

Do you guys know of any similar games available in Europe? I have the following consoles: 360, 3DS, Pc and iPad/iPhone. I also have a PS3 but a friend is borrowing it so hopeully i dont need that one.

Im thinking maybe Cathrine? Yet another game i never thought id play, but Persona 4 got under my skin! I do like RPG but have never played any real JRPG. So i would appriciate some advice.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nikoran

Catherine is more of a puzzle game than an RPG. Try out the SMT main series, some really good RPGs there. Check out Persona 3 as well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Persona 3.

The SMT series in general seems pretty unique.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

yeah persona 3 is about as close to persona 4 as you'll get.  Or play Persona 4 on an emulator on your PC.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By neurotic

Catherine is not an RPG. But if you don't have a PS2 then your options are somewhat limited.

If you had a PS2 you could just play OG Persona 4. Or Persona 3 FES, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1/2.

Or get a Vita and import Golden. Like I did. Or get a Vita and wait a month till Golden comes out here. Like I probably should have done.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Morrow

@MrMuscle: Catherine is well worth checking out, but it's more like a Visual Novel with puzzle gameplay.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Vextroid

Used PSP's are cheap nowadays, get one and a copy of Persona 3 Portable.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrMuscle

Thanks alot guys. I just remembered that i do infact own a PsP. After an hour searching i found it and its power supply. It booted up and everything. But when i tried to updating it (there was no PSN store on it) i saw that the memory card in it was 32 mb :D I dont think i have used it much ever. So tomorrow im buying a bigger card because it seems there are infact some Persona games on the European PSN. Awesome!

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrMuscle

Downloaded and started playing Persona 1 this weekend. Its an interesting game and im enjoying it. But its definately making me read up a lot to understand what im supposed to be doing. Getting cards and fusing is especially confusing. But so far I am doing allright with the Personas i start of with. Hope i make it thru the game eventually, though i think it will take quite some time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.