Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

SMT: Persona 4 - True Ending

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By kush

I recently got around to finishing the game earlier today (technically yesterday now) and it was nothing short of amazing. This video is really only for those of you who managed to get the true ending yourself...unless you don't mind spoiling the hell out of yourself. Back to the point...below is the true ending to one of the best games I've ever played. Persona 4 is the best game of 2008 without a doubt for moi.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kush

I recently got around to finishing the game earlier today (technically yesterday now) and it was nothing short of amazing. This video is really only for those of you who managed to get the true ending yourself...unless you don't mind spoiling the hell out of yourself. Back to the point...below is the true ending to one of the best games I've ever played. Persona 4 is the best game of 2008 without a doubt for moi.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By dietmango

Yeah the ending was awesome did it on my first playthrough

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kush

I did it on my first playthrough as well...I don't know what I would do if I got the bad ending.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By jlrm01

I got it on my second try (the ending I got was... sad, in a I-quite-couldn't-acomplish-what-I-was-supposed-to-do way...). A great finish to a great game. EDIT: I guess P4 is my favorite game of last year (and among my overall favorites)... (But I didn't play much last year, and this year seems that it will be even worse in that aspect. Must stay positive!)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

I can't wait to watch and spoil the ending for myself!
    Oh wait. I don't want to do that. Oh well, back to the game I go.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
    LordAndrew said:
    "I can't wait to watch and spoil the ending for myself!
    Oh wait. I don't want to do that. Oh well, back to the game I go."
    Same here. I am going to put in some more time in this game and come back. I don't want to spoil it for myself.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Pepsiman

I guess I technically got this on my first playthrough since I was wise enough not to save over my main file after inadvertently getting that depressing-as-all-hell bad ending. But yeah, that ending is a very fitting sendoff for a very superb game. I'm fully with you there on it being one of the best games I've ever personally played. I'm not an RPG guy, Japanese, western, or otherwise, but if Persona 4 is able to make me fall in love with it despite those sentiments, it's a very, very special game in my book.

Having sad that, it makes me curious what Atlus will do with Persona 5, since the series as it is right now has been really, really refined in this installment to the extent that I think they only things they could improve upon are super minor at this point. At least, that's if they were to stick to the same gameplay and whatnot. But this is Persona, after all, and since that series has quite the habit of changing things up a lot, maybe 5 will be something new. In the meantime, Atlus gets a big pat on the back for making such a kickass game in 4.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

Is there something special I have to do to get the good ending? I haven't finished the game yet and I'm just wondering what it is I have to do that decides my ending. If the explanation needs spoilers then don't bother telling me because I don't want to be spoiled at all.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TEAMHOLT
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "Is there something special I have to do to get the good ending? I haven't finished the game yet and I'm just wondering what it is I have to do that decides my ending. If the explanation needs spoilers then don't bother telling me because I don't want to be spoiled at all."
    There's a guide up for getting the normal and good endings.

And that guide has totally dissuaded me from putting any more time in the game. One wrong dialog option and I get the shitty ending? Nope. Fuck you, Japanese developers.
    dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By dietmango
    Pepsiman said:
    "I guess I technically got this on my first playthrough since I was wise enough not to save over my main file after inadvertently getting that depressing-as-all-hell bad ending. But yeah, that ending is a very fitting sendoff for a very superb game. I'm fully with you there on it being one of the best games I've ever personally played. I'm not an RPG guy, Japanese, western, or otherwise, but if Persona 4 is able to make me fall in love with it despite those sentiments, it's a very, very special game in my book.

Having sad that, it makes me curious what Atlus will do with Persona 5, since the series as it is right now has been really, really refined in this installment to the extent that I think they only things they could improve upon are super minor at this point. At least, that's if they were to stick to the same gameplay and whatnot. But this is Persona, after all, and since that series has quite the habit of changing things up a lot, maybe 5 will be something new. In the meantime, Atlus gets a big pat on the back for making such a kickass game in 4.
    "
    I wonder what they got cooked up in Persona 5, cant wait. I mean Persona 4 is still kickass and one of the best RPGs ive ever played, but looking forward to the next installment also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.