Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Thanks Vinny, Jeff and Drew!

• 168 results
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ben_H

Well, it seems the Endurance Run will be over tomorrow so I think we should all thank Vinny and Jeff for sticking to their guns and finishing the entire game.  We should also thank them for providing many laughs and hours (and hours) of entertainment.  Without Drew, we wouldn't have the videos to watch so we should thank him for doing most of the videos. Even with corrupted videos and power failure it was proven that nothing could stop the Endurance Run.

Thanks guys, the Persona 4 Endurance Run was great!

Ben

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By metalsnakezero

Indeed, now what Endurance Run will they do next. Persona for the PSP or maybe another long but good game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @metalsnakezero said:
    " Indeed, now what Endurance Runwill they do next. Persona for the PSP or maybe another long but good game. "
    Please don't turn this thread into that, we have so many already.  

Anyways, yeah.  This kind of thread is finally warranted because tomorrow's the last day.  I liked having a new Endurance Run vid to look forward to each day and it's going to be disappointing to no longer have that.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ben_H
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Please don't turn this thread into that, we have so many already. "
    Yes, I wanted this thread to be a thank you card of sorts, not a thread about speculations on the next ER.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Orginally, I came here for just the ER but I kinda stuck around for the forums after that. No more ER as of tomorrow but I'm sort of glad we finished it. Cheers lads.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Aurelito

It's their site, I'm not gonna stick my genitals in it, but Endurance Run was a waste of time for the makers and waste of bandwidth for the users who watched it.

LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By LeadNinja
    @Aurelito said:
    " It's their site, I'm not gonna stick my genitals in it, but Endurance Run was a waste of time for the makers and waste of bandwidth for the users who watched it. "
    You could say that about our entire hobby.

I for one am looking forward to the next ER.  If there is one.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Shadow

I think I see a Rapelay endurance run coming up.
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agent_lost

yep, Thank Jeff, Vinny and Drew for sharing this game to the world.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

Thanks, Vinny, Jeff and Drew!!!!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for irradiatedturnip
    IrradiatedTurnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IrradiatedTurnip

Thanks a bunch, guys, it was fun.
    glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By glyn

arent u a bit sick of persona now, its ridiculous. Play a different game for the next endurance run. How about chessmaster

Iceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iceland

Thx brah's

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By Atlas

Oh thank god it's over tomorrow.

Not trying to shit on the game because I've only played like 30 minutes of it, but seriously, who wants to spend 100 hours watching dudes play a video game? Madness.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pazy

The amount of laughter given, for free as well, during the Endurance runs...~100 hour length is amazing. Very rarely do I laugh out loud but during each episode there was at least 1 moment (annoyingly usually while im drinking my cup of tea lol) where I laugh out loud. I know this energy also continues on to other things besides the endurance run but it seemed to concentrate it, then inject it into my bloodstream using a dirty needle.

I hope that there is an Endurance Run 2 because a continuing video series like ER makes me look forward to each episode and gives me something to look forward to during my college work. It dosent have to be Persona or even an RPG, all that I ask is that the same energy is there.

So thanks guys for all the laughter and entertainment bundled up into a video's of increasing length and thanks Atlas for not beating there ass's into submission ;)

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Thanks you guys! I have a feeling those two completed the game right after Drew stopped the tape (and then restarted it). Probably to insure that wouldn't be any recording problems and to finish the series on a nice semi-rounded number. Meaning that they may have completed it yesterday! :P

Hope Jeff and Vinny are doing something special to commemorate the end.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Atlas: Some people just enjoy watching other people play games (girls especially for some reason). For example, there's Let's Plays on YouTube which garner a good amount of viewers. I can see what you mean though, it can get a bit dull at times.
    Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Urmean

Ending the episode on a cliff hanger on the final boss :\

I'm glad I found out about the Endurance run, and hope there is another.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By C0V3RT

I stopped watching before episode 50 or so but kudos on sticking with it and making it to the end!

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pazy
    @Atlas said:
    "

Oh thank god it's over tomorrow.

Not trying to shit on the game because I've only played like 30 minutes of it, but seriously, who wants to spend 100 hours watching dudes play a video game? Madness.

"
    Your asking that when its the most referance thing on this site? lol though I have to ask, why are you glad its over since you dont watch it? Did you feel that the other video content was lacking because of it? Personally there seems to only be more video lately than before ER started (I dont attribute this to ER though) so I dont think it would really negativly impact anyone who didnt like it.
    wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#21  Edited By wwfundertaker

Thanks for all the hard work and laughter and hope another endurance run comes real soon :)

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pazy
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Atlas: Some people just enjoy watching other people play games (girls especially for some reason). For example, there's Let's Plays on YouTube which garner a good amount of viewers. I can see what you mean though, it can get a bit dull at times. "
    I love the Let's Play videos because I get a chance to see a game I would never other wise. ER is similer for me in that I could have played it but even if i liked it I would never have gotten past 20 hours so this was a great way for me to see a complete jRPG (I have seen others but very few).
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By Cube

Yeah duders thanks for being great sports.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VWGTI

I never watched the seires, but good job guys!
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Pazy: They're mostly just cutscenes than actual gameplay for the JRPGs (Omega and MasterLL for example (who also have complete cutscenes of P4 by the way)). But yeah I love watching them as well. By playing this game, Jeff and Vinny pretty much opened new doors for people who havn't heard of the SMT franchise.
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By chandoo

Domo Arigato, Mr Bombato.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheMustacheHero

What if their save file got corrupted on the last episode..?

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By dethfish

Thanks guys. I would have never played P4 if it wasn't for the ER. 

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Atlas
    @Pazy: I watched the first ten episodes and then thought "what the hell I am doing? I should go actually play a video game" 

Again, I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, although I kinda am. But everyone on the Giant Bomb community has been going crazy about Persona 4 and the ER for months, and as someone who cares about neither, I've developed a bit of a bitter taste for the subject, which is a shame because it's probably going to prevent me from ever actually sitting down and playing more than 30 minutes of a game which is by all accounts excellent. I love being part of the GB community, but the ER has been a blight on the history of the site, in my humble opinion, even though a lot of people seem to love it. As Jeff says about people who like the AKI engine, Second Life, Anime and Swingers, the Endurance Run is for bad people.

It's mostly just my nature. A) I don't like watching people play games, and B) if you try and cram something down my throat, all I'll do is spit it back in your face.
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By MeatSim

Yea glad you guy's did this. Had lots of good times watching you guy's play through this game. Also I never would have played this game if you guys did not do the Endurance Run, so good stuff guy's.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By demonbear

I hope there's gonna be a best of video of all the greatests, funniest moments of the run because i didnt watched the entire thing but i'd watch the best of it for sure.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Pazy said:
    "

I hope that there is an Endurance Run 2 because a continuing video series like ER makes me look forward to each episode and gives me something to look forward to during my college work. It dosent have to be Persona or even an RPG, all that I ask is that the same energy is there.

"
    They've confirmed multiple times that there's going to be another Endurance Run, mainly in one of the Giant Bomb PAX panel vids on the site.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ben_H
    @Atlas said:
    " @Pazy: I watched the first ten episodes and then thought "what the hell I am doing? I should go actually play a video game"  Again, I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, although I kinda am. But everyone on the Giant Bomb community has been going crazy about Persona 4 and the ER for months, and as someone who cares about neither, I've developed a bit of a bitter taste for the subject, which is a shame because it's probably going to prevent me from ever actually sitting down and playing more than 30 minutes of a game which is by all accounts excellent. I love being part of the GB community, but the ER has been a blight on the history of the site, in my humble opinion, even though a lot of people seem to love it. As Jeff says about people who like the AKI engine, Second Life, Anime and Swingers, the Endurance Run is for bad people. It's mostly just my nature. A) I don't like watching people play games, and B) if you try and cram something down my throat, all I'll do is spit it back in your face. "
    Well, if you don't like it why not just ignore it.  It doesn't require any effort for you and it doesn't annoy us.  We both are happy this way.  You may not have liked the Endurance Run but many others have so could you please just leave us be.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By damswedon
    ha what the Endurance run haters dont know is thank to the endurance run we now have longer quick looks/ videos. also whiskey media in a whole produce more video content. link
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By djstyles92

with out the endurance run, i probably would never have heard about this game, which would suck since it is now my fav game on the ps2
    So thanks Vinny, Jeff , and Drew!

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mikeeegeee

I can't say I ever watched the ER, but I deeply respect the amount of commitment it takes to make a ~100 hour long series. Well done guys, you've really done something special. I mean, seriously.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By nexas

Its gonna be weird getting on my computer next monday only to realize that there will be no more Endurance Run. Still its been a lot of fun and hopefully the staff will be able to find another good source of daily content.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kohe321

It's been an awesome feature!

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Atlas
    @Ben_H: Yeah, you're probably right. It was harder to avoid ER stuff more than you may imagine, especially considering how often I visit Giant Bomb. I suppose I'm just still amazed at how popular the series has been. 

Now I'm wondering would I watch an ER for a game that I already know and like? This is gonna be really obscure, but I think the only ER I would watch is Ryan and Vinny playing Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for the GameCube, because I adore that game but have never actually seen everything that game has to offer because I never finished it. I honestly can't think of another game I would want to see get the ER treatment.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By dbz1995

Thanks duders.

:)

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Dany

I have dedicated 100 hours to a game I have never played! In the beginning I thought it was just a fun thing to watch and they would quit possibly soon after but no!  I want this game now, just watching it was fun!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Seedofpower

"Whats the time, Drew?"

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By itsmadness

Thanks for the 100 hours of the endurance run. Damn, it's been a lot of hours.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iamjohn

I feel like I have to thank these guys for many things.  Thank you for keeping me entertained every weekday save E3 week since February with this wild ass game; thanks for sticking with it even when I'm sure there were a bunch of times where you guys wanted to throw in the towel; and most importantly, thanks for showing me a game that has become one of my favorite games of all time, forcing me to reconsider my "JRPGs are for idiots" stance that I held for a long time and causing me to go back and rediscover Persona 3, a game I've owned since it came out and never played for multiple reasons (one of which being the whole "JRPGs are for idiots" thing). 

Glad you guys are gonna take a break.  You deserve it.

MaSteRMaSteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MaSteRMaSteR

Cheers to a good 100 hours of entertaining commentary over an amazing game.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By TimeWaffle

so i've spent 100 hours playing the game ( one and a half playthroughs) myself and then 100 hours watching the ER wow I don't think that i've ever spent this much time on a single game before. thank you gianbomb

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Thanks Guys!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#49  Edited By FLStyle

I would've never heard of Persona 4 had it not been for Jeff and Vinny, never mind buying and completing it myself. It's been an awesome time watching and play Persona 4 and I look forward to tomorrow's episode and whatever happens in the future. Special thanks to Drew for his work on it too. Well done guys.

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By retwakm
    @metalsnakezero said:
    " Indeed, now what Endurance Run will they do next. Persona for the PSP or maybe another long but good game. "
    i think eve would be good since its long, cool, and most ppl have never played it. keep up the good work giantbomb

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.