The P4 Endurance Run Blu-ray set.

• 178 results
#51 Posted by BitDistillery (11 posts) -

That is amazing, really nicely done!

#52 Posted by pekoe212 (428 posts) -

Wow, that is snazzy. I love the "Do you have the time to go inside the TV today?" on the inside cover. I would totally buy that.

#53 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

This is brilliant. Man, now I wish I had a Blu-ray burner.

#54 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

I admire the end product and the dedication (I also would have wanted to make animated menus). Millions of props to you, sir.

#55 Edited by Brackynews (4039 posts) -

TANAKA ENDORSED

#56 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

Man. Just man. The amount of awesome generated by this unnecessary but amazing project cancels out any feelings of animosity towards this community I may have had recently.

At least until the next utterly retarded forum thread

#57 Posted by ch3burashka (4993 posts) -

After people talking hyperbolically about how much moneys they'd spend on a box set, to see someone actually go through with it is damn impressive.

Nanako prompting you to put in disc two is fucking adorable. As was Chie.

Seeing that behind-the-scenes video Dave did for episode 50 made me wish he did more of them, at least two more for 100 and 150. Alas, it was not to be.

Once again, mad props, but it sure is a shame that you did so much work, and it won't be mass-produced and sold to the rabid GB fans.

#58 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4675 posts) -

@Landon said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I will don't understand why people want to watch someone else play a entire videogame. Could someone explain it to me? I'm really curious.

Persona 4 is incredibly story driven, and if you skip all the episodes where they just grind and fuse personas, it's pretty much the equivalent of watching a tv show, or a long anime. Except Vinny and Jeff are there to comment on everything, which will make anything more entertaining. If anything, you should watch a few episodes of the Best Of on youtube, maybe that will clear up why people fell in love with it and beg for more.

I watched a few of first episode of it. To me it being so story driven is reason against watching others play it. I'm the type who prefers to watch a story driven movie by myself so I can fully engross myself it in. I can't do that with Jeff and Vinny talking during it. Which to me greatly lessens the enjoyment. What is it about their commentary that adds to the experience for you?

#59 Posted by KillerRabbit (60 posts) -

That is pretty cool! Brilliant design, and something i would cherish along with my favourite movies. Good job, mate!

#60 Posted by BoneCollecta (13 posts) -

The attention to detail is incredible, I love everything about it! Congrats on the awesome set!

#61 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

dam

#62 Posted by MechaKirby (183 posts) -

Speaking as someone who has no interest in watching the endurance runs, you just hit the nail right on the head for me. I can't sit at computer desk and watch 150 episodes of *anything* no matter how awesome it is. I wanna lay on my couch and watch. This is so freaking perfect I want to kill you I love you so much.

Obviously it'd be illegal for you to sell this to anyone but hey, the staff have made many dumb community things come to fruition!

#63 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

So I am the only one who finds this borderline creepy it seems.

#64 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Sweet Jebus that's awesome.

#65 Posted by MormonWarrior (2534 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I will don't understand why people want to watch someone else play a entire videogame. Could someone explain it to me? I'm really curious.

It's for the incredibly humorous commentary from Jeff and Vinny. Honestly, that's half of what makes playing an RPG with a friend so fun too...and I'm never going to play Persona 4, so it doesn't matter. I didn't watch the Chrono Trigger one because I just played that game through a few years ago and it wouldn't be entertaining to me at all.

#66 Posted by takayamasama (438 posts) -

I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THIS

#67 Posted by MormonWarrior (2534 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

Man. Just man. The amount of awesome generated by this unnecessary but amazing project cancels out any feelings of animosity towards this community I may have had recently.

At least until the next utterly retarded forum thread

I love you. Isn't that enough?

#68 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I'm still wondering how it is actually possible to have the patience, mental stamina, and just plain free time to perform an endurance run for a RPG in the first fucking place. If I did something that obnoxious my other half wouldn't be with me.

#69 Posted by Dark (360 posts) -

GOOD SIR, TAKE MY MONEY.

I HAVE ... THE BLANK CHECK! ON MY DESK IS YOURS!

#70 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Landon said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Persona 4 is incredibly story driven, and if you skip all the episodes where they just grind and fuse personas, it's pretty much the equivalent of watching a tv show, or a long anime. Except Vinny and Jeff are there to comment on everything, which will make anything more entertaining. If anything, you should watch a few episodes of the Best Of on youtube, maybe that will clear up why people fell in love with it and beg for more.

I watched a few of first episode of it. To me it being so story driven is reason against watching others play it. I'm the type who prefers to watch a story driven movie by myself so I can fully engross myself it in. I can't do that with Jeff and Vinny talking during it. Which to me greatly lessens the enjoyment. What is it about their commentary that adds to the experience for you?

The feel like their commentary just gives a new layer to the entire experience. I totally get your reasons for wanting to enjoy it by yourself, but Vinny and Jeff really didn't get in the way of the story. I mean, it's not like they were skipping over text and events, they were just as excited to find out what happens next as anyone else would. And their reactions to the plot twists and events gave the entire thing a really great vibe, like you were watching it with friends.

I think it also helps that Jeff and Vinny are both super funny, and all the little memes that came out of it were great. I was in tears multiple times.

That's really the best I can come up with. I guess the Endurance Run is just one of those things that you're really into, or you just become confused as to why anyone would be apart of that.

#71 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

Shit, I'm sure this has been repeated a billion times in these last 4 pages, but this is amazing.

#72 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

@Dany said:

HOW MUCH!!?!?!

^^^ This. I'd honestly pay for a Blu Ray set of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

#73 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

How's $100 sound?

#74 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@kalmis said:

So I am the only one who finds this borderline creepy it seems.

You are. 

Probably because this isn't creepy. Like, at all!
#75 Edited by Masha2932 (1240 posts) -

Wow. That's impressive. Great job. Are you planning on doing the same for Deadly Premonition or Chrono Trigger?

#76 Posted by Dante_the_Jedi (326 posts) -

Very cool, makes me want to do the same thing...but my Blu-ray burner to good use.

#77 Posted by darthturtle (13 posts) -

Yet another batch of awesomeness from the GB community.

#78 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Well done!

#79 Posted by ChrisTaran (1555 posts) -

Absolutely amazing! What I wouldn't do to get a set of this for myself!

#80 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Incredible stuff.

#81 Edited by AndrewB (7453 posts) -

When do you start taking pre-orders~?

#82 Posted by Voxus (316 posts) -

Take my fucking money. Now.

#83 Edited by Venatio (4483 posts) -

Wow...just wow, I don't know what to say except that I would buy this in an instant, looks so good!

#84 Edited by MikeFightNight (1068 posts) -

@mustachioeugene:

I could put the jacket/sleeve inserts in my profile photo page. I'm not sure if they would keep the original dimensions though. Let me know if I should post them somewhere else.

@Masha2932 said:

Wow. That's impressive. Great job. Are you planning on doing the same for Deadly Premonition or Chrono Trigger?

Unfortunately I don't think I will be doing any other ER's. I alluded to "SUMMER 2019" for Deadly Premonition with an obscure pickle joke in the case insert, but i'm not sure anyone got it;)

I started it because I enjoyed this ER and wanted to to see if I could actually do it. But more than that, I just really love working with video and creating stuff, The thing I quickly realized was that once the fun creative stuff was out of the way, I spent a lot more time with the mundane tasks. Formatting each video, trouble shooting problems, having to wait until the next month so I wouldn't go over my ISP data usage plan:D This could of probably been done in late January if it wasn't for that one.

Having a glimmer of an idea two months ago, seeing it through to completion, and being happy with the end result is a great feeling. It's like "Yeah, I fucking did it!". All the positive vibes from the GB community is just the cherry on top.

#85 Posted by Neurotic (631 posts) -

This is pretty amazing.

#86 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I'd buy this for a dollar!

I don't even have a Blu-ray player.

#87 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Wow, the quality of the finished product is seriously impressive. Nice job, man!

#88 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Delicious blu ray box sets. My wallet can't stand them. 

#89 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

I'm not even interested in watching the ER again anytime soon, but I totally want that thing on my shelf.

#90 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

I've got a blank check with your name on it, just give a $ amount I'll write it down.

#91 Posted by eduardo (356 posts) -

I'd buy that for more than a dollar!

#92 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This is really cool and all, but I'd probably never buy it due it being way less convenient than just having all the episodes on a harddrive.

#93 Posted by dikfox (42 posts) -

Can we get a kickstarter for this?

You did an awesome job. Looks like a rewarding labor of love.

#94 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I don't know quite what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. That's pretty god damn impressive...

@eduardo said:

I'd buy that for more than a dollar!

@Tophat666 said:

I've got a blank check with your name on it, just give a $ amount I'll write it down.

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Delicious blu ray box sets. My wallet can't stand them.

@Canteu said:

I'd buy this for a dollar!

I don't even have a Blu-ray player.

@0blivion said:

Take my fucking money. Now.

#95 Posted by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -

My birthday is tomorrow, dude. I want that.

#96 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

meet me on international waters with a copy of this box set.

#97 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

Its got your name on it.

#98 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

Does it come with creator commentary over the actual commentary?

#99 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

As much as this is a thing I would never want, it is pretty amazing.

#100 Posted by RuthLoose (775 posts) -

@MikeFightNight: If it hasn't been suggested before now: you should probably mail this to the Giant Bomb HQ if you manage to get another one together. I'm sure Vinny and Jeff would have their collective minds blown by the love and adoration put into this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.