The P4 Endurance Run Blu-ray set.

• 178 results
#101 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

This is really something. You did a fantastic job,

#102 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

The reason you didn't do 1080p is because GiantBomb only uploads 720p. lol Also why not just use DVD if you are doing 480p?

#103 Posted by BadNews (506 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: Personally it was the witty banter along side the awesome story. Besides finding persona 4 used can sometimes go up to $40 bucks now and rebuying a PS2 is like $30 or more. That's a big investment for one game. But watching it online with some really funny people giving commentary is free, not to mention when it was still new it was nice to have something to look forward to every day. New episodes every day of undetermined length, it might be good or bad but you always wanted to see what was next.

#104 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -
#105 Edited by BaconGames (3371 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

The reason you didn't do 1080p is because GiantBomb only uploads 720p. lol Also why not just use DVD if you are doing 480p?

Sadly the originals are 480p because it was the PS2. Either way they were uploaded before the subscriber initiative to have HD video. The last reason is that Blu-ray holds a lot more space than DVDs which would make for an unwieldy box set when you can fit it in one case with Blu-Ray.

#106 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

My mind is pretty heavily blown right now. Oh my god.

#107 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

HOOOOOLLLLYY SSSHHHHIIIIITTTTT!

This is so much awesome.

#108 Posted by Demoskinos (14770 posts) -

My mind just blew the fuck up! Incredible!

#109 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Fantastic work

#110 Posted by AdzPearson (201 posts) -

One of the most awesome things I've seen in a while. I love the attention to detail with the box and disc art. Not sure if I'd ever watch that Endurance Run again, but owning something like that would be pretty cool.

#111 Posted by HarlechQuinn (447 posts) -

I take my hat off to you Sir... Or at least I would, if I just had one...

No seriously this is awesome...

#112 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

*wants* man..... thats awesome.

#113 Posted by Droop (1851 posts) -

Awesome! I'd buy that.

#114 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

I'm sure selling them would be good business for GB and Atlus if they ever worked it out. I would love to have these though. Nice packaging also.

#115 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

Good work, man! Highly impressive, though if I could change just one tiny thing, it would be to make Jeff and Vinny more prominent on the front cover, for they play an important role in the Endurance Run formula, and the cover should reflect that.

#116 Edited by MikeFightNight (1109 posts) -

@Tuffgong said:

@wewantsthering said:

Sadly the originals are 480p because it was the PS2. Either way they were uploaded before the subscriber initiative to have HD video. The last reason is that Blu-ray holds a lot more space than DVDs which would make for an unwieldy box set when you can fit it in one case with Blu-Ray.

Tuffgong is correct.

it's not about quality per se, (however as I mentioned, the intro's, outros and menu are in 1920x1080). Actually, you can even put 1920x1080 on regular old dvd's, they are called AVCHD DVD, and only play in Blu-ray players. It's about raw size. Would you rather have 5 blu ray discs... or 46 dvd's?

#117 Edited by LibrorumProhibitorum (346 posts) -

A fantastic personal project you have going there. I'm jealous, I wish I could do stuff like that.

Selling these to anyone for any price would be highly illegal. I know that's not your intention though.

#118 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

@MikeFightNight said:

@Tuffgong said:

@wewantsthering said:

Tuffgong is correct.

it's not about quality per se, (however as I mentioned, the intro's, outros and menu are in 1920x1080) it's about raw size. Would you rather have 5 blu ray discs... or 46 dvd's?

500 DVDs!!! The more DVDs the better! Haha. I don't really like any of the ERs so I wouldn't want it on any format. Haha. It's less that I don't like them and more that I have things besides watching GiantBomb all day. Most of the day, fine, just not all day.

#119 Posted by Gatehouse (610 posts) -

Simply amazing work duder, now Chie will always be on your self.

#120 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

More "take my money" .gifs!

#121 Posted by Gatehouse (610 posts) -

Simply amazing work duder, now Chie will always be on your self.

#122 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1261 posts) -

I'm impressed. Well if I ever have a blu-ray burner I might try to emulate such a project.

#123 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

What have you done.

#124 Posted by Mustachio (242 posts) -

Holy shit, this is seriously impressive.

#125 Posted by PerfidiousSinn (744 posts) -

This is something I'd want to own in case the internet ever goes away.

It's like all the entertainment you'll ever need.

#126 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10913 posts) -

That's incredible. INCREDIBLE.

#127 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Fantastic work. I both love and envy you in equal amounts.

#128 Posted by Mikey2D (218 posts) -

That's awesome dude! I've been working my way through the ER of persona 4 myself - i watch it on and off and i'm on about episode 74. I am pretty hyped for Persona 4 on the Vita. (it's one of the reasons i'd actually get a vita).

This is some awesome work - as you've been told countless times throughout the thread :) Good job.

#129 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

That's.. that's... amazing.

#130 Posted by JimmyPancakes (120 posts) -

Well done that's fantastic and totally enviable.

#131 Posted by BRich (432 posts) -

Please take 100 of my American dollars

#132 Posted by Rapid (1359 posts) -

If only I could own this boxset... =/

Great job duder! Hope Jeff / Vinny mentions and this post gets spotlighted.

#133 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Heh, thats awesome.

#134 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
#135 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

@Dtat said:

#136 Posted by tyxja (279 posts) -

I would pay about 100$ for a set like yours, duder. Great work!

#137 Posted by TwoLines (2803 posts) -

What. That is so awesome. Goddamn.

#138 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@MikeFightNight: You are a wizard! Originally I thought this was gonna be just your typical photoshop job, but wow. If you could put the episodes with the accurate calenders up as a torrent I would love you very much and if you made a step by step DIY guide for the whole process I'd have to name my first born after you, whether or not it's a girl or boy.

#139 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

That is incredible! I am so jealous right now!

#140 Posted by LaserLambert (167 posts) -

man if the zombie apocalypse happens you won't have a bluray player, you should get it on Film and make a crank operated projector to play it on.

#141 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

Brainsplode! That's pretty awesome.

#142 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

I don't have a blu-ray player but GODDAMN I WILL GET ONE JUST FOR THIS.

I'd love to have this.

#143 Posted by Yummylee (21507 posts) -

Awe-inspiring. I'll take 10.

#144 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

WHAT?! HOLY SHIT! IS THIS REAL?! AM I DREAMING?!

...pretty cool.

#145 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -

I am fucking so jealous of you right now.

#146 Posted by DeathTrap (245 posts) -

@Dtat said:

Definitely.

#147 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

That looks pretty damn sexy.

#148 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Who brought this old idea back? Why bring such painful memories? This will never happen. Oh the days spent dreaming about it.

#149 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I will don't understand why people want to watch someone else play a entire videogame. Could someone explain it to me? I'm really curious.

It's for people with lots of time to waste and very few friends, so they can listen to people they've never met exchanging witty banter and pretend like they're a part of it.

#150 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

That is so awesome! Looks amazing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.