This is what Persona 4 has done to me

#1 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

I was legitimately worried when i saw this on my phone...

Its been a very long time since a game's mechanics or story have bled over into my normal daily life, but the seamless use of real world things like "check weather report" and doing it so often has caused me to check my weather app much more frequently than I ever would have otherwise. Also, the fact that its been raining more where I live doesn't help the situation.

Now, if you'll excuse me i have to wait for midnight and stand in front of my TV.

#2 Posted by jebara (64 posts) -

This made my day, thanks.

But now that you got me thinking of it, your idea is probably contagious,

#3 Posted by Nux (2305 posts) -

Don't worry man anytime its foggy out I can't help but think that I'm going to find a dead body hanging on a phone poll.

#4 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3030 posts) -

Seattle?

#5 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

@Nux said:

Don't worry man anytime its foggy out I can't help but think that I'm going to find a dead body hanging on a phone poll.

It usually does get foggy here after raining, but never thick enough to use fog lights when driving. i'll still be keeping an eye out though.

#6 Posted by Tenebre (25 posts) -

@chubbs21 said:

@Nux said:

It usually does get foggy here after raining, but never thick enough to use fog lights when driving. i'll still be keeping an eye out though.

Just use a pair of glasses.

#7 Posted by Nux (2305 posts) -

@Tenebre said:

@chubbs21 said:

@Nux said:

Just use a pair of glasses.

Believe me, I've tried that before. It didn;t work of course but it never hurts to try ;)

#8 Edited by Sergio (2050 posts) -

@chubbs21: Driving into work yesterday - company facility is atop a very big hill - and it was very foggy. I thought, "Thank goodness there's no one in the TV right now."

#9 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (203 posts) -

Well I alternate between Persona 3 and 4 clocks on my computer. So either I know when it is raining. Or I know the phase of the moon and when the next full moon is. Which by my clock is today. So I've got to say up until 12 tonight because it seems my power hasn't awakened yet.

#10 Posted by Jedted (2322 posts) -

I live on the shore so it can get foggy quite bit. Every time i look out over pitch black horizon i get an overwhelming sense of dread and i say to myself, "i hope no one's trapped in the TV World."

#11 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1449 posts) -

Every time I read another one of these Persona 4 Golden threads I get closer and closer to doing something crazy and buying a Vita. If I wind up wasting $250 on a handheld I don't want only to play a game I've pretty much already played, I will blame this community!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.