Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Void Quest Help!

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hector

I can't seem to beat Shadow Mitsuo. I need tips on this fight. I can take out 'Hero Mitsuo' and I know Shadow Mitsuo can summon him again. I'm having trouble when he casts that fear spells and takes out my party in a hit. I'm also playing in beginner. :/

Party Stats:
    Hector: 39
    Yosuke: 39
    Chie: 39
    Yukiko: 39

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

What level is your Sun Social Link at? You can fuse Yatagarasu at level 40 and he learns Null Fear at level 43. If the Sun Social Link is high enough, you can get him up to 43 fairly quickly.
    Always get rid of fear after he casts it. Shadow Mitsuo has an attack that kills everyone with the fear ailment, and it never fails. But get rid of fear and that problem goes away.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hector

What about preventing him from summoning 'Hero Mitsuo'?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By endaround

Can you get some bravery vessels to equip on your party?  If you can buy some that will help a great deal.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
    Hector said:
    "What about preventing him from summoning 'Hero Mitsuo'?"
    If you can eliminate the shell before it finishes forming that would be ideal. But if you can't, just keep at it and get rid of Mitsuo the Hero to get back to fighting Shadow Mitsuo. Once you get rid of Mitsuo the Hero, Shadow Mitsuo will have the same amount of HP as he had when he summoned Shadow Mitsuo. So you don't have to worry about him healing.
    Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hector

Just took him out. I equipped everyone with bravery vessels. Yukiko dealt with the fear when it hit with 'Me Patra'

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bass

I just used pure power on this boss. I fused to get Black Frost and then i would boost my attack to max levels. Then hit it with Agidyne.... i was doing somewhere near 600 damage a pop on that. Established Yukiko as my healer, Chie as my booster (tarakuja), and Kanji just handled some extra physical damage (occasionally boosting the main character's defense when I predicted a hard hitting move was coming.
    Black Frost was an especially effective persona because it absorbs fire, and more importantly for Mitsuo's Shadow, Ice. It made my battle incredibly easy.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Coltonio7

Just be equipped with some Sedative (I think), and use if needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.