Watch the Persona 4 Anime Trailer!

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by shadowwolf9 (160 posts) -

Didn't see this posted anywhere. It's a short trailer for the new anime. We get to see some familiar scenes :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vav3Lq2-g

edit: Youtube embedding doesn't seem to want to work right now.
  
#2 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'll even do something with it like comparing the events in the anime to the events in the game if time permits. I'm not sure, but the possibilities are endless. Still I wonder how long this will run for. I can't imagine getting through the entire game in a regular season... Then again considering how much of that game was spent in dungeons and such, maybe I can.

#3 Posted by shadowwolf9 (160 posts) -

I just hope they stray off the storyline a good bit. Also, watching it in Japanese would be very difficult after becoming so accustomed to their voices in the game. They'd need to bring in the same voice actors.

#4 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

 I wonder if they will keep the protagonist silent, it works in a game but I don't know about an anime.

#5 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -

Hmm, the director Seiji Kishi doesn't exactly have anything noteworthy under his belt.

#6 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

  

#7 Posted by WhiskerMeister (30 posts) -

I hope the Japanese seiyuu are the same. Missing out on Horie Yui as Chie, Koshimizu Ami as Yukiko, and KugiRie as Rise was unbearably tragic.

#8 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

Animated Chie oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#9 Edited by Sanj (2390 posts) -

I'M DIGGIN' IT. 

#10 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I am really interested in watching this but I'm wondering if I should wait for an english dub, I wouldn't want to watch this in japanese, I really like the english voices

#11 Posted by XenoNick (1408 posts) -

Looks cool.

#12 Posted by CaptRoFL (77 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" Hmm, the director Seiji Kishi doesn't exactly have anything noteworthy under his belt. "
I have to disagree, I believe that he is the guy who made "Angel Beats!" that was rather good, in my opinion.
Dude knows how to kick an emotion into his audience. 
#13 Posted by Master_Funk (733 posts) -

Cool. Ain't gonna watch it until they localise it with the persona 4 english voice actors though

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
@CaptRoFL said:
" @Turambar said:
" Hmm, the director Seiji Kishi doesn't exactly have anything noteworthy under his belt. "
I have to disagree, I believe that he is the guy who made "Angel Beats!" that was rather good, in my opinion.Dude knows how to kick an emotion into his audience.  "
Indeed he was, and since I am a huge fan of Angel Beats! I am stoked.
#15 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

We already talked about this in the get hype thread, but yeah, it looks neat.

#16 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

It's funny that televisions literally don't do that any more.

#17 Posted by Droop (1870 posts) -

I thought Shaft was doing it .. Bummer.


Oh well, it still looks good, I'll check it out when its released.
#18 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Trailer was pretty good; I for some reason burst out laughing when chie was manhandling teddie though.

Ahhhh the memories.

#19 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Shoji Meguro doing the music has me excited.

#20 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

dude, i wasnt really that interested in this as much as i should be


but fuck me

i want to see this, even if its subbed

although i will wait for the english version, but i will definately check out the first few episodes to get a taste for it
#21 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Looks great! Hopefully there's an English dub with the same voice cast. It would be tragic if it was any other way.

#22 Posted by ErinIsADrunk (169 posts) -

I don't normally watch anime series but I will give this a go. I wonder how long the show's run will be and what stuff they end up omitting. I know the really sort of Persona 3 related one only went 26 episodes. I think it would pretty tough to fit everything I'd want to see covered from Persona 4 into a 26 episode run.

#23 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -
@CaptRoFL said:
" @Turambar said:
" Hmm, the director Seiji Kishi doesn't exactly have anything noteworthy under his belt. "
I have to disagree, I believe that he is the guy who made "Angel Beats!" that was rather good, in my opinion.Dude knows how to kick an emotion into his audience.  "
Man I was pumped about this before, and now I hear the dude who made Angel Beats is working on it! Angel Beats is my favourite anime of all time and Persona 4 is one of my favourite games! INFINITE HYPE.
#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11741 posts) -

I have to admit. Those 50 seconds of teaser footage made me want to watch it. I don't normally watch Anime, but I would be more than willing to watch this sucker, even if I had to look up shady fansubs to do so.

#25 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@TepidShark said:
"  I wonder if they will keep the protagonist silent, it works in a game but I don't know about an anime. "
They already named him, so obviously not.


......And even if they hadn't, come on, a silent anime protagonist is ridiculous beyond comprehension.
#26 Edited by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

God I want to see this dubbed with the original english voices. 

#27 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" God I want to see this subbed with the original voices.  "
.....Well that will undoubtably happen a week after the anime is out with some weird fansub group.

Unless you mean the english dub, if you do, I agree. Fingers crossed!
#28 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@mutha3: Sorry that's what I meant. At 1:41 AM your bound to make posting mistakes :P
#29 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Well the P3 anime was utter shit so hopefully this one is better.

#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I haven't played Persona 4 yet, but this looks entertaining.

#31 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

now just have to wait for decent fansubbers to get on board.

#32 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -
@mutha3:  Jak in the first Jak & Daxter had a name & was silent. Just because he has a name doesn't necessarily Yu will speak.
#33 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -
@TepidShark: But he does speak in the game - just not voiced.
#34 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@TepidShark said:
" @mutha3:  Jak in the first Jak & Daxter had a name & was silent. Just because he has a name doesn't necessarily Yu will speak. "
videogame
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
anime
#35 Posted by ajamafalous (11996 posts) -
@Slayer22 said:
" Cool. Ain't gonna watch it until they localise it with the persona 4 english voice actors though "
This, probably.
#36 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

My body is ready.

#37 Posted by NathHaw (2782 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
" Shoji Meguro doing the music has me excited. "
That's cool that he'll be helping with that.  The P4 CD has been in my car CD player for months.
#38 Posted by ch3burashka (5082 posts) -

I am slightly disappointed that it's a retelling of the game. If you're like most GBer's, you've played the game AND saw the Endurance Run - you've lived the story twice. I'd rather they explore the characters more - Charlie can totally keep his promise to Nanako and come back April 2012.

#39 Edited by metalsnakezero (2296 posts) -

  


Chie, don't kill Teddie!
#40 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

Chie's face looks weird.

The animation looks fine, but watching the intro to p4 really makes me wish the anime series could be done with a similar level of quality. I realize that they have a budget and making a series is completely different from making a one minute long intro video, but damn if the animation in the early parts of the game don't look sharp.

#41 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@ashogo said:
" Chie's face looks weird.

The animation looks fine, but watching the intro to p4 really makes me wish the anime series could be done with a similar level of quality. I realize that they have a budget and making a series is completely different from making a one minute long intro video, but damn if the animation in the early parts of the game don't look sharp. "
Um....the Persona 4 opening is stylistically really cool, but the animation isn't anything to write home about.

And the anime cutscenes in Persona 4 are atrocious, dude. Not hard to imagine, though, they animated  it in the most ghetto ass way imaginable. Given the tools they were working with, it was actually a real display of talent on their part.

Still looked like shite, though.
#42 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -
@Slayer22 said:
" Cool. Ain't gonna watch it until they localise it with the persona 4 english voice actors though "
This.
#43 Posted by metalsnakezero (2296 posts) -

I actually think the anime versions looks better in terms of design and more importantly color while the game version anime was a bit blurry and the design was a little off a little off. Judging the animation and design is very much opinion base when it comes to this but the important thing is the way they will tell the story.

#44 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @ashogo said:
" Chie's face looks weird.

The animation looks fine, but watching the intro to p4 really makes me wish the anime series could be done with a similar level of quality. I realize that they have a budget and making a series is completely different from making a one minute long intro video, but damn if the animation in the early parts of the game don't look sharp. "
Um....the Persona 4 opening is stylistically really cool, but the animation isn't anything to write home about.And the anime cutscenes in Persona 4 are atrocious, dude. Not hard to imagine, though, they animated  it in the most ghetto ass way imaginable. Given the tools they were working with, it was actually a real display of talent on their part.Still looked like shite, though. "
Not all of it was terrible. The animation in the game got steadily worse over time, but the first few scenes looked great I thought. The first summoning of izanagi for example, looked really good.
The same was true with p3 actually...I really loved the first scene with the full moon and the coffins, but that was about the only good cutscene. I suppose they spend most of their animation budget on the early parts.
#45 Posted by metalsnakezero (2296 posts) -
@ashogo said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @ashogo said:
" Chie's face looks weird.

The animation looks fine, but watching the intro to p4 really makes me wish the anime series could be done with a similar level of quality. I realize that they have a budget and making a series is completely different from making a one minute long intro video, but damn if the animation in the early parts of the game don't look sharp. "
Um....the Persona 4 opening is stylistically really cool, but the animation isn't anything to write home about.And the anime cutscenes in Persona 4 are atrocious, dude. Not hard to imagine, though, they animated  it in the most ghetto ass way imaginable. Given the tools they were working with, it was actually a real display of talent on their part.Still looked like shite, though. "
Not all of it was terrible. The animation in the game got steadily worse over time, but the first few scenes looked great I thought. The first summoning of izanagi for example, looked really good.The same was true with p3 actually...I really loved the first scene with the full moon and the coffins, but that was about the only good cutscene. I suppose they spend most of their animation budget on the early parts. "
Also, Atlus was making a game and not a whole animated show so its pretty understandable of where the money was going. You can also factor in that the anime studio at Index (Parent company) was doing other projects at the time.
#46 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

I'm super excited for this, but yeah I may have to wait for the english dub as well.  I do wonder how faithful they'll be to the story...
#47 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:

" @ashogo said:


Also, Atlus was making a game and not a whole animated show so its pretty understandable of where the money was going. You can also factor in that the anime studio at Index (Parent company) was doing other projects at the time. "
Atlus was not yet owned by Index at the time of P4's development.

....And since when does Index do anime?
#48 Posted by metalsnakezero (2296 posts) -
@mutha3: Well Index has Madhouse studios.
#49 Posted by nicky42 (17 posts) -

wow, that looks awesome!

I still need to finish persona 4 mind. About 5 of my friends have borrowed since i got it. :P

#50 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (787 posts) -

I feel the most important question here is who will play Funky Student if/when the anime comes out in North America?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.