Watching Persona 4 Endurance Run.. Question about relation to P3

#1 Posted by MethodMan008 (805 posts) -

So... I figured it was time to watch the Persona 4 ER... Really enjoying it so far.. Up to episode 12 at the moment..

Since P3 just went up on PSN recently, I think I might grab that...

Will watching Persona 4 spoil any big moments in Persona 3? I dunno if they are direct sequels or what...

Thanks guys!

Also, if anyone wants some beta keys for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on 360, here ya go.

DGYRQ-W9MY9-29QTD-F3PXC-K6P2Z
HMJJK-D9HT4-D2T7Y-KMMKY-KWJFZ
KW3CC-HJ292-C79FH-FJXY4-P9GCZ
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35779 posts) -

As far as I can tell, no, not really. There's definitely a connection (the high school makes an appearance, and Yukiko appears in P3P), but I doubt anything major.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23658 posts) -

No. There are some callbacks to P3, but no major spoilers.

#4 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

Not really. The biggest "spoiler" you'll get is that a couple very minor characters in P3 (it might even just be one character) make an appearance near the back half of P4 in a cutscene. If you really want to know what they are....

In P3, the Gekkoukan kids go to Inaba on a class trip and stay at the Amagi Inn. And in P4, the Inaba kids go to Gekkoukan on a class trip and meet Chihiro.

Plot-wise, there aren't any big spoilers from watching P4 first.

#5 Posted by DoctorSage (157 posts) -

We'll probably find out when the crossover fanfic fighting game comes out this summer, I guess.

#6 Edited by Turambar (6631 posts) -

You'll know that Gekkoukan High still exists.  That's about it.  Oh, that and also P3's Justice arcana is canon I guess. 

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (35779 posts) -

@DoctorSage:

It's not a crossover if they're both clearly in the same universe.

#8 Posted by Turambar (6631 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@DoctorSage:

It's not a crossover if they're both clearly in the same universe.

Technically, it's not a crossover.  Practically, it totally is.
#9 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

@MikeHawk said:

Not really. The biggest "spoiler" you'll get is that a couple very minor characters in P3 (it might even just be one character) make an appearance near the back half of P4 in a cutscene. If you really want to know what they are....

In P3, the Gekkoukan kids go to Inaba on a class trip and stay at the Amagi Inn. And in P4, the Inaba kids go to Gekkoukan on a class trip and meet Chihiro.

Plot-wise, there aren't any big spoilers from watching P4 first.

This only happens in P3P (and I am pretty sure only when playing as the female MC). Not in normal 3 or FES.

#10 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@MoseSSesoM: My bad. I only played P3P and assumed it was in the regular P3, too.

#11 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -

@MethodMan008: Feel free to watch the ER, no P3 spoilers there.

#12 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -
#13 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@AndrewB: yea its the same hotel from P3

Episode 100 of the ER has alot of call backs that wont mean much unless you have played P3. That whole section is brimming with fanservice. No major spoilers as far as i could tell.

#14 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

Also, if anyone wants some beta keys for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on 360, here ya go.

Fucking thank you mate, you are awesome!

#15 Posted by MethodMan008 (805 posts) -

@JacDG: Haha, glad people are getting use out of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.