Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What is your favorite Persona 4 Endurance Run statistic?

frakasattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By frakasattack

The last time I watched the entire thing I counted that VInny said, "Nanako" 194 times (!!!) and Jeff said 10 things that kind of lead me to realize that he had finished the game before Vinny. What are your favorites?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Nothing stops the endurance run, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

said once.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @frakasattack said:

Jeff said 10 things that kind of lead me to realize that he had finished the game before Vinny.

I don't have an answer for you at this time, but I'd just like to mention that I don't believe Jeff had ever finished the game on his own. He had, at one point, gotten spoiled by someone who had sent him a fan comic and they (Jeff and/or Vinny) most likely learned about the way to obtain the True Ending without having played it themselves.
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Daroki

Simply put, 99:59 at the end of the game, especially because Persona 4's save file will register play times of over 100hrs. (Yes, that means we got more than 100hrs of footage because Contrarian Kings will happen, as will BUFUs.)

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ: @frakasattack

There's a middle ground here:

Jeff didn't finish the game, but very, very obviously knew several plot points(he admitted this) and  how to obtain the ending through a combination of comments, PMs and looking stuff up.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: That's what I was implying by "most likely learned about the way to obtain the True Ending without having played it themselves."
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

@Daroki said:

Simply put, 99:59 at the end of the game, especially because Persona 4's save file will register play times of over 100hrs. (Yes, that means we got more than 100hrs of footage because Contrarian Kings will happen, as will BUFUs.)

This is easily my favorite.

@mutha3 said:

@FluxWaveZ: @frakasattack: There's a middle ground here: Jeff didn't finish the game, but very, very obviously knew several plot points(he admitted this) and how to obtain the ending through a combination of comments, PMs and looking stuff up.

Are you sure he looked stuff up? I remember when he was angry about the assholes that sent him the comic with spoilers in like the fourth frame, though.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat

Does kind of ruin it for me when I hear Jeff pointing out things that he might not know, like suspecting Adachi so early on, and very clearly knowing the path to the true ending. I'd rather it have been a lot more transparent.

Still the sheesh counter has to be pretty great. They never did it though.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @ajamafalous said:

@Daroki said:

@mutha3 said:

@FluxWaveZ: @frakasattack: There's a middle ground here: Jeff didn't finish the game, but very, very obviously knew several plot points(he admitted this) and how to obtain the ending through a combination of comments, PMs and looking stuff up.

Are you sure he looked stuff up? I remember when he was angry about the assholes that sent him the comic with spoilers in like the fourth frame, though.

I don't think he was looking up plot points intentionally, no. But he admitted on a bombcast that he knew who the killer was thanks to the comments(which led to him going "GEE THAT ADACHI GUY SURE IS SUSPICIOUS" since in the ER). And then there's the whole Hiimdaisy fiasco......

As for the endings: definitely. There is no way that they didn't knew exactly what they (or at least Jeff)were doing during those segments were the endings triggered.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Slaker117
    @Daroki

So glad that's the case. It makes the whole thing too prefect.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3
    @AlisterCat said:

Still the sheesh counter has to be pretty great. They never did it though.

Some insane motherfucker actually kept track how often it was said.

.....It wasn't that often, though. Less than 30 times I believe.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KarlPilkington

1 Funky Student.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Getz

Popularity leads to intimacy, Vinny!

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadowKing7
    @Daroki said:

Yes, the 99:59 playtime was amazing.  Even at the very end, the game gave us one last laugh.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

@mutha3 said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Daroki said:

@mutha3 said:

I don't think he was looking up plot points intentionally, no. But he admitted on a bombcast that he knew who the killer was thanks to the comments(which led to him going "GEE THAT ADACHI GUY SURE IS SUSPICIOUS" since in the ER). And then there's the whole Hiimdaisy fiasco...... As for the endings: definitely. There is no way that they didn't knew exactly what they (or at least Jeff)were doing during those segments were the endings triggered.

To be fair, I totally deduced that Adachi was the killer way before they did. I was pretty proud of myself when it turned out to be true.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mutha3
    @ajamafalous: .....Well, I think pretty much everyone managed to deduce that the bumbling, fool with the perfect opportunity who bears no importance to tha plot  was the killer:P

But having it confimed for you that Adachi is the real killer still kind of really sucks, though. When(if?) the game manages to throw you off from thinking it was him with Namatame, there is that whole sequence with Namtame.... which is a lot more poignant if you actually think he might be the killer.
    LinusPauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LinusPauling

So many in jokes! Now I have to watch them all. This is going to be a while ...

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Daroki said:

Oh god you just reminded me. That was so great.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Thompson820

The total number of sheeses!

/Shameless plug for my new video

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.