Which past Persona characters would you like to see in P5?

• 88 results
#51 Posted by gakon (1940 posts) -

None of them, save one or two as cameos.  Can't we trust Atlus to make another set of memorable characters, like P4 and P3 before?

#52 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -
@gakon5 said:
"None of them, save one or two as cameos.  Can't we trust Atlus to make another set of memorable characters, like P4 and P3 before? "

I feel most of the people on this forum who have just recently come to know Persona 4 won't settle for anyone else but the original cast.  I don't want that at all, but it seems that they find those characters to be so great that none other could hold up to them.
#53 Posted by Hailinel (22762 posts) -
@Eirikr: Though they at least made references to Trish in Persona 3 as a TV reporter that would be on some days when you watch TV in the dorm common area.

For me, it really depends on when and where they set the next game.  If they restart with a new universe as they did in P3, I wouldn't mind some Trish-like references, but otherwise, a wink here, a nod there, and maybe a short cameo by a P4 Social Link character would be good enough for me.
#54 Posted by gakon (1940 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @gakon5 said:
"None of them, save one or two as cameos.  Can't we trust Atlus to make another set of memorable characters, like P4 and P3 before? "
I feel most of the people on this forum who have just recently come to know Persona 4 won't settle for anyone else but the original cast.  I don't want that at all, but it seems that they find those characters to be so great that none other could hold up to them. "
It seems Persona 4 has ruined most people [here] for RPGs.  Granted, that may not have been the JRPG crowd to begin with; Persona 4 is certainly not the most traditional role-playing game. 

(and as a weird side note, with regards to in-universe references: in P3, Mitsuru's dad talks about the Kirijo Group separating from the Nanjo Group... as in the rich kid from Revelations: Persona, whose dad runs the Nanjo Group.  LoreLOL.)
#55 Posted by Darkstalker (447 posts) -

the best part of a new rpg for me is getting to know the characters. not as fun when ive already resolved there issues before i start.

#56 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -
@Darkstalker said:
" the best part of a new rpg for me is getting to know the characters. not as fun when ive already resolved there issues before i start. "
@gakon5 said:
" None of them, save one or two as cameos.  Can't we trust Atlus to make another set of memorable characters, like P4 and P3 before? "
I dont mean as playable characters only cameos.
#57 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -
@gakon5: Yeah, maybe that's the case.  After playing Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 I tried playing Final Fantasy X but I decided to turn it off after a couple of hours.  It didn't grasp me as well as the Persona games, maybe I'll just have to try it again. 

That's a pretty cool reference.  Aside from the Tatsuya and Maya references, I think the only weird thing I found like that is a billboard in Persona 3 that says something like "Minato Cleaning Services".
#58 Posted by Delsaber (190 posts) -

I'd love to see some of the P2 cast again, especially Katsuya and Baofu. That said, I wonder how old they are in the post-P4 timeframe.

#59 Edited by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -
@Delsaber: it's been ten years so 34 or 35, that's if P2 was during 1999
#60 Posted by papercut (3355 posts) -

the kanj

i wana see him open a doll shop

#61 Posted by sdauz (432 posts) -

Chie was awesome, but definitely Naoto or Kanji

#62 Posted by NathHaw (2753 posts) -
SPOILERS*******************

Definitely Junpei and Chidori with an update on their potential relationship (if played correctly in 3 with her resurrection).
#63 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -
@Bloviator said:

" SPOILERS*******************          Definitely Junpei and Chidori with an update on their potential relationship (if played correctly in 3 with her resurrection). "

PERSONA 3 SPOILERS 

The canon is probably that she dies because there was no revival in Persona 3 (non FES), in The Answer Junpei says some stuff about Chidori's death and the scene is hidden: you may not see it at all.
#64 Posted by gakon (1940 posts) -
@SmashedControllers: Sure, although I've seen people say "NO NEW CHARS ZOMG"

@FluxWaveZ: That's funny, because I just started Final Fantasy X and I'm into it.  See, I've always had the ability to not care about a game's story if it doesn't interest me.  I played most of Wild ARMs 4 just skipping past the stupid dialogue.
#65 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -
@gakon5: Yeah, I usually ignore the story if i really don't care also.  I dunno, maybe I was just tired or something...  But apparently the story of the game picks up near the end so I'll try to pay attention anyways.
#66 Posted by lishi (86 posts) -
@FlipperDesert said:
" An older Nanako, possibly involved with the main storyline. Or Akihiko! He's already in the anime, after all.  Though, a completely new cast would be preferable. "

dude, the persona anime should be lost in the oblivion, don't ever mention it again. 

@C2C
said:
" @SmashedControllers: Oh really? I only played Eternal Punishment since Innocent Sin was never released in the US. I demand Atlus localize Innocent Sin and release it to the US >:( "
Innocent sin was fan-translated last year
#67 Posted by shanchett99 (167 posts) -

the nurse, so well know where she went.
the amagi inn, yukiko could be mentioned but not necessary 
 tanaka AGAIN like he did from p3 to p4.
charlie tonoku of course should be mentioned somewhat.
junes
the shirogane family
a mentioning of the adachi murders
rise as a pop-idol

#68 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

As a lot of others are suggesting, it would be easy to implement Rise as a cameo. I would love to see Kanji though.

#69 Posted by LiquidPrince (15632 posts) -

Everyone from P3 and P4 should join forces to face off against the ultimate challenge! Or all be rivals. Imagine if they all meet and they are all rivals, and you have to maintain everyone.

#70 Posted by Grim_Fandango (258 posts) -

All of them, because they were all equally awesome!

#71 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

Oh yeah and Maya! Wait never mind.

#72 Edited by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Probably there would be a mention of Rise most likely. Just by name like in the past persona games.
#73 Posted by chandoo (233 posts) -

Chie's Stakehouse, where the player would be able to spend their time eating stakes and building up strength.

#74 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -
@shanchett99 said:
"the nurse, so well know where she went.  
rise as a pop-idol "
This is mentioned at the end of the game.  

SPOILERS 

- Sayoko went to Africa to help sick children. 
#75 Posted by 8bitman (23 posts) -

Kanji

#76 Posted by Psych0Penguin (412 posts) -

Blates Yosuke, he's such a joker

#77 Posted by FlipperDesert (2070 posts) -
@lishi said:
" @FlipperDesert said:
" An older Nanako, possibly involved with the main storyline. Or Akihiko! He's already in the anime, after all.  Though, a completely new cast would be preferable. "

dude, the persona anime should be lost in the oblivion, don't ever mention it again.
I didn't comment on it's quality, did I? Even then, I'd be prefectly entitled to say I liked it.
#78 Edited by shanchett99 (167 posts) -

OH and the music girl could be cameo'd as a famous musician :|

#79 Posted by Dynamitekyle (523 posts) -

Persona 4 : JES

JES= Junpei Edition Supreme
All characters replace with Junpei.

#80 Posted by Iceland (163 posts) -

I like the idea of Teddie dolls becoming popular in P5 (maybe a quest to get some poor kid one) 

and a Charlie Tunoku reference... (common Atlus Localization team!)

#81 Edited by _Nuno_ (183 posts) -

Drunk Dojima
"Creepy Raper Guy" Adachi

Yeah Bitcheeezzz......

#82 Posted by NathHaw (2753 posts) -
@Iceland said:
" I like the idea of Teddie dolls becoming popular in P5 (maybe a quest to get some poor kid one)    and a Charlie Tunoku reference... (common Atlus Localization team!) "
Maybe like chocobos as dolls or trinkets that often appear in FF games.  That could be cool.  Instead of pandas everywhere, there are Teddies.
#83 Edited by DoctorDesmond (1 posts) -

I'd like to Nanako as a main character either the Support character like Fuuka or Rise or She actually fights.

#84 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Older teddie

#85 Edited by Morningstar (2061 posts) -

None of them. New cast please.

#86 Edited by SunBroZak (853 posts) -
#87 Posted by FLStyle (4401 posts) -

My thoughts on this are the same as Persona 3, the characters who seem to be dealing with shadows/fighting crime for the rest of their lives, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis I want back.

So from Persona 4 I'd say Charlie/Yu/insert your name here, Naoto and Chie.

#88 Posted by davidwitten22 (1703 posts) -

I want all new characters please, but I certainly wouldn't mind some cameos from some old social links, like the One True Team Manager (Yuko>>>>>>Ai). Overall I just want Persona 5. If there wasn't a single reference to any Persona or SMT games I would still be very very stoked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.