Who voiced Ms. Sofue?

#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

"What? That crazy Egypt lady had a voice?"

Yes; for one brief scene, she had a speaking role...and I have no idea who was behind it. This site doesn't hold the answer, and I can't find it anywhere on the Internet (she doesn't even have her own page on the Megami Tensei wiki). I even tried reading the credits for it, but as it turns out, there are no voice credits whatsoever to be found there. (That goes for the manual, too.) So does anybody out there know who gave her a voice?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Am I crazy or does she kind've sound like the same actress who voiced Yukiko?

#3 Posted by endaround (2135 posts) -

That is so filtered you'll never know. Likely one of the handful doing extra voices. And yeah P4 was non union so no credits.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

@endaround said:

That is so filtered you'll never know. Likely one of the handful doing extra voices. And yeah P4 was non union so no credits.

I'm still gonna reach out and find the truth behind this, even if it turns out she was voiced by Izanami. Somehow.

#5 Edited by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

I bet I could tell if I had sound. I would assume that it was one of the extras or other characters in the cast who just did one throwaway line.

#6 Posted by endaround (2135 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos: He linked to it

#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5043 posts) -

@endaround said:

I clicked on the other two but missed that one.

#8 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5043 posts) -

Sounds like Yukiko's actress to me.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos: @Hunter5024:

@endaround said:

Still, here's the Endurance Run, because everything that isn't that video is just a Let's Play or something:

#10 Posted by BlackLagoon (1371 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Having heard considerable amounts of Amanda Winn-Lee over the years, I'm quite certain its not her.

@Video_Game_King: If I were to guess, I'd put my money on Margaret's VA (which IMDB claims is Michelle Ann Dunphy). Not particularly familiar with her though, so I could very well be wrong.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35800 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Having heard considerable amounts of Amanda Winn-Lee over the years, I'm quite certain its not her.

@Video_Game_King: If I were to guess, I'd put my money on Margaret's VA (which IMDB claims is Michelle Ann Dunphy). Not particularly familiar with her though, so I could very well be wrong.

I'm guessing this is as close as we're gonna get, since I browsed all the female voice credits on IMDB and found nothing. Fun fact, though: Saki Konishi and Hanako share the same voice actress. Have fun sleeping tonight, Yosuke.

#12 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Tara Platt?

#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5043 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I have more trouble distinguishing female va's over males' for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.