Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Yukiko isn't Empress(P4 Anime Question)

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I started watching the P4 Anime and one weird thing i noticed was in ep 7, Margret refers to Yukiko as the "Empress" Social Link. Is this just a bad translation in the Anime or is there a reason this is different from the game?

Excuse me if this has been answered a million times. I was gonna ask on Anime Vice but i wasn't sure how many people frequently visit that site.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Huh, still need to watch the anime but that is a bad mistake on their part, now I'm NOT going to watch it

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Nightriff:

Don't let that turn you off, the anime is pretty good. There are a few things about it that bug me, but overall it's still pretty well made.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's a single line and it's a mistake. Yukiko is obviously Priestess as the show goes on.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

@ll_Exile_ll: Oh I'm kidding, I have every intent to watch it just that the Blu Ray is too expensive for my budget right now and hate reading subtitles online...I want the American VO

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Nightriff: The English VO is good, it's pretty much entirely the original cast (they use the Chie from Golden and Arena). The only thing that got to me is that the localization was clearly not done by Atlus USA. It's not that it's particularly bad, but it's clear that it's different. For instance, they don't use any of the honorifics, everyone refers to Yu by his last name (despite everyone calling him "Yu-kun" in P4 Arena), and they use the terms "sophomore, junior etc." instead of "first year, second year etc." The localization is fine overall, but you may notice differences if you've spent a lot of time with the game.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ch3burashka

@ll_Exile_ll:Of all the things to change, it had to be Chie. Damn near puts me off The Animation and Arena. She was the best thing in all of Inaba - shame to see the real Chie gone.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@CH3BURASHKA: They got burned; they cast someone who wasn't a career voice actor and now she doesn't do voice acting anymore. It's a shame it happened, but the new actress is still good.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Jedted

@FluxWaveZ: I know i it's not a huge deal but it's always jarring when you spot an obvious mistake like that.

Aside from that, i actually kinda like how they translate some of the game mechanics into the anime. Such as using multiple Personas and Fusing.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still waiting for the next Blu Ray/DVD to be released here in the UK.

As said already, the American VO is well done but I recommend listening to the JUNES jingle in Japanese at least once.

GuardianKnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

Yeah, and every time they face a shadow, the shadow say's "I am the shadow of your true inner-self" instead of "I am a shadow. The true self." It's small, but it's still noticeable to me.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@ch3burashka said:

@ll_Exile_ll:Of all the things to change, it had to be Chie. Damn near puts me off The Animation and Arena. She was the best thing in all of Inaba - shame to see the real Chie gone.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but the real Chie is and will always be Yui Horie. I'm just saying! (please don't hurt me).

EDIT: And this thread is a lot older than I thought it was. : (

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New chie VO bothered me but then i was like "its okay" and who cares

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

New chie VO bothered me but then i was like "its okay" and who cares

For half the game I hated the new Chie, but for about the second half, when things start popping off, I couldn't even notice it, I began to think that she felt more comfortable with the lines and roll. But now that I am doing my new game plus, I think that it might just be me.

But it could have been worse. They could have replaced Naniko.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.