Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 08, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the Nintendo DS is an entry in the primary Shin Megami Tensei canon. It centers around the exploration of a demonic dimension known as the Schwarzwelt.

SMT: Strange Journey website up!

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By eirikr

...in Japanese. Details forthcoming. Plus I was tired of the negative connotations of the other thread title. Bums a guy out, ya know?

http://megamisj.atlusnet.jp/

Tralier is on the left side, in English as "Trailer 1". Click on the 'System' link for gameplay videos.

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jj984jj

I'm surprised the sprites have idle animations, they look great!

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eirikr
    @jj984jj: Absolutely! I think everyone was surprised by their animation, as it's been general shock and awe everywhere I've checked. This is shaping up to be a AAA title.
    jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jj984jj

The put up a new system section with a different video video, it's a bit longer bit it's still a major tease. It confirms that there's an interlude when battles begin until you being selecting attacks though, Meguro is straying away from the Rock of MegaTen and JPop of Persona to do something different it seems, I think he said he was going for a more mature sound on his atlusnet blog and in this clip we can hear Aztec-inspired music and orchestral music. I hope he mixes things up with with a bit of his rock style as well though, I don't like being teased like this! I want to hear more of the tracks in the video and other tracks in the game! :( 

For the lazy, here's the new one:

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eirikr
    @jj984jj: Awesome! Can't believe I missed this one. 

The pre-battle interlude is a returning "feature" from the older games. The music definitely has me interested as well. I like his rock sound too, but it's good to see him switching up styles a bit.
    jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eirikr

Nice, those images are more interesting than this week's update which just shows off some story conversations. I hope they show off the goddamned battle system soon.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eirikr

This week's update is a profile on the blonde Russian woman Zelenin (Zerehnin? Pfft.) which is largely completely useless to those who don't know the moon runes. She looks to be explaning the Schwarzverse. 

Get to the battle system already!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.