Red Riot, motherfucker!

#1 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

This game was fucking awesome.

Thank you.

#2 Posted by Jandurin (186 posts) -

You're testing the boundaries, aren't you?

#3 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

If you're talking about the boundaries of the game Shogo, then sure.

#4 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

No one remembers? Shame on all of you.

#5 Posted by bencoleman (4 posts) -

Captain Claw

#6 Posted by Johanz (248 posts) -

Ofcourse I remember. One of my favorite FPS games of all time. :) Took my time and added some meat to the article too!

#7 Posted by Maleverus (30 posts) -

Woo-hoo, I'm not the only person who loved Shogo! Been meaning to get to this article eventually...

#8 Posted by Johanz (248 posts) -

Let's add lots and lots of info about the game. I'll probably add more meat to the article when I get the time, I just added some things I missed on the FEAR Connection in Trivia and other stuff. Inserted two pictures in the article for good measure. :)

#9 Posted by Oni (2104 posts) -

I'm going to rip your leg off and kick your ass with it.

Great line or greatest line?

#10 Posted by BigDre (116 posts) -

I had to check and see if they had a page for this game.  I forgot all about it until Vinny mentioned it in the last bombcast.  Great amount of info people have put on here for it.  I'm impressed.

#11 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

I cry everytime I search Shogo on Steam and see nothing about it. ;_____;

#12 Posted by isawachuck (110 posts) -

It's a available on GOG.com now for $6.
#13 Posted by azrailx (432 posts) -

epic game 
soooo cheesy yet so fun

#14 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
#15 Posted by JCTango (1364 posts) -

I remember playing the demo of this that I got from a PC Gamer mag a long time ago and enjoying it a lot.  

Sadly I wasn't able to pick up a copy of it since I had no monies at the time.. and other games came out later on.

Maybe I'll check it out again at some point.

#16 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

What the fuck is going on?

#17 Posted by Helushune (215 posts) -

None of you know where your CDs are? Shame on you. Mine sits between Homeworld: Cataclysm and Battlefield 1942.

#18 Posted by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -

I played Shogo.  It was awesome.

#19 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Monolith better be remaking this game. THEY BETTER.

#20 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

I seriously wanna play this game now. Don't care if it has aged, or what the Giant Bomb crew thinks of it. The style behind it sounds like something that I can get behind.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

What the fuck is going on?

Shogo was brought up on the Bombcast and the crew started talking trash about it.

#22 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
#23 Posted by Helushune (215 posts) -

@Red12b: I'm right there with you. Easily some of my favorite games ever created. Last I heard there was some dispute over who owned the rights to the game; I hope Relic can sort it all out and continue being awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.