Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ShootMania Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 10, 2013

The second entry in Nadeo's "Mania" series, ShootMania: Storm is a first-person shooter that, like Trackmania, places a heavy emphasis on user-generated content.

Any of you's guys enjoying Shoot Mania Storm?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jams

I bought it a couple of days ago and have been playing it a little here and there. At first I didn't like it but it's been grow'en on me lately. I don't like how they don't tell you what all those Shoot Mania "Heroes" "Joust" or whatever's are. I played a Joust match not knowing what the hell it was. Once I figured out what it was, I hated the premise. By the end of it, it became my favorite game type. My biggest gripe is the movement. It feels really sluggish and the worst part is that it's intentional. I really kinda wish they just made Ricochet 2. Which is what this game kind of reminds me of. The game has potential, but for now it just feels like a poor mans TF2.

So did anyone else get it? What do you guys think about?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Poor man's TF2? Nothing 'bout that sentence makes sense! TF2 IS for the poor man (hence being free)... and the gameplay doesn't feel remotely similar.

It feels like its own breed of shooter entirely, which I dig. I agree with the statement about the movement, it feels a little off. I also find myself trying to keep momentum by bhopping around, but the physics aren't the same as the source engine, so that doesn't work too well. I love the mode Royal. Melee is just standard DM and doesn't intrigue me all that much.

I bought it today because I was going to get it regardless, so might as well have picked it up in time for TNT. I enjoyed what little I played during my beta time. The game has a lot of potential for sure, I'm eager to see how it evolves.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

@Jams said:

I really kinda wish they just made Ricochet 2.

YES!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jams

@ESREVER said:

Poor man's TF2? Nothing 'bout that sentence makes sense! TF2 IS for the poor man (hence being free)... and the gameplay doesn't feel remotely similar.

It feels like its own breed of shooter entirely, which I dig. I agree with the statement about the movement, it feels a little off. I also find myself trying to keep momentum by bhopping around, but the physics aren't the same as the source engine, so that doesn't work too well. I love the mode Royal. Melee is just standard DM and doesn't intrigue me all that much.

I bought it today because I was going to get it regardless, so might as well have picked it up in time for TNT. I enjoyed what little I played during my beta time. The game has a lot of potential for sure, I'm eager to see how it evolves.

You know what I think it is? The lack of voice over. It's just really quiet. I think what I meant by poor mans TF2 is that it's lacking in any style and flair. It's just super plain and flat. I wish they would have made it more Tron themed. They made the guys looks that way already, so a Tron skin and map design would have been cool too. Oh yeah and throwing discs. Basically Ricochet 2.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

Lol, yea they should really just run with the Tron theme. Though I guess it'll be up to the community to come up with those levels. Hopefully the community will be super active and help keep the game feeling fresh with level designs, mods, skins, and whatnot.

I might try my hand at designing some levels with the level editor...

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Played during the TNT. Had an absolute blast. It's in 50+ player games that I can really see Shootmania's appeal as, well, manic. But for real: needs more dubstep.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

I think it looks like a really cool idea and I can see the appeal - but it's not for me. I'd really hate it.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jams

@believer258: Would you rather play shootupmania?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@Jams said:

I'm afraid I don't quite get what you're saying?

If you mean "would I rather play something that allows you to carry different weapons and shoot more rounds", then yes, I would.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jams

@believer258 said:

@Jams said:

If you mean "would I rather play something that allows you to carry different weapons and shoot more rounds", then yes, I would.

Sorry, bad attempt at joke.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@Jams said:

@believer258 said:

@Jams said:

Sorry, bad attempt at joke.

Kurt Cobain and William S. Burroughs Day 1 DLC makes Shootupmania a no-buy for me.

sado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By sado

Been playing it since the early alpha version, like it a lot. However, I'm getting the same vibe I did from Trackmania, no sizeable US population/servers.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Insectecutor

Just got into a few games for the first time, really enjoying it. I think you either completely get it or you completely don't. Like TrackMania every aspect of this is tuned to reward skill and penalise sloppy habits learned from other games, and I like that purity of focus.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By phuzzybunny

I bought it 20% off and from what I've played it seems nice and fresh. As said it's shaping up to be it's own type of shooter and I like where it's going and I can't wait to see some community maps. Seriously.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By DjCmeP

I'm loving it. Would be nice though if we could have a weekly Shootmania night here on GB(like with TM2).

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmilingPig

It looks great when you watch it from the sky, but I don't like Quake type multiplayer shooters.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Do you believe in life after love?

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's going to be quite similar to TrackMania in the way that some people will love it, others will hate it. It will find its niche, but it doesn't really appeal to me after the few hours I've put into it thus far.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nikoran

Has it changed from the beta at all? I have enough money to buy it but I don't know whether to get it or just buy something else like TrackMania Stadium or something.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Bollard

Is Elite still free? They said it was going to be free. I hope its free, all the other modes are ehhhh anyway. Royal is alright.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just looking at videos of the game it looks like a completely broken premise. I think what makes a lot of shooters work is the variety in strategy. You can hang out and snipe. You can sneak around and try to be more tactical. You can go in with guns blazing.

Having access to only one weapon based on where you are standing totally destroys that variety.

HiImRocktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HiImRocktimus

My biggest fear for this game is that they're clearly pushing/balancing it as an eSport, when really it just needs to be fun. It's not very fun to watch, but I've played it a few times and it had potential.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jams

I get the worst feeling of buyers remorse when I remember that I spent $40 on this game back before the TNT it was on. That game turned out to be so bad that it practically ruined Trackmania too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.