Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ShootMania Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 10, 2013

The second entry in Nadeo's "Mania" series, ShootMania: Storm is a first-person shooter that, like Trackmania, places a heavy emphasis on user-generated content.

Beta invites have been sent!

KelpPlankton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KelpPlankton

The first wave, at least. Of which I got one. It's pretty cool so far! But I'm new to the PlanetMania stuff and I'm not sure how to customize my dude with different textures or join groups or anything.

And nobody's got music on their servers! How could this be?

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Yep! I got mine. Seriously didn't realize how much a non-dubstep mania experience kinda falls flat.

It's definitely a mania game. I'm kinda enjoying it. I only played for a little bit tonight, though, but I can totally see this jockeying for position when I'm in that Mania kinda mood.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Pepsiman

Yeah, I got a beta invite myself and it seems pretty all right so far. Spawn camping can be an issue at times, but I suppose the combination of one hit kills mixed with a shot cooldown means that people who try pulling that won't normally last too terribly long doing so. I do wish for the sake of ping that there were more American servers running, but I'm not surprised in the least that this is once again a Europe-dominant crowd. It's a fun game in small bursts, but like already stated, I hope a music scene of some sort comes to servers sooner rather than later, since they add a lot to the anarchy of the other games.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

Yeah, I got one as well. It's alright, but I feel like the terrible UI really kills the objective based modes..It seems like most people don't even realize that there are points to capture due to how terrible the UI is.

KelpPlankton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KelpPlankton

Yeah the game is still very obviously a beta. But I feel like it's got a solid foundation here that some cool stuff can be built on if they get the unfriendly aspects sorted out.

But I need a server with music ASAP! No music sounds so dead...

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By L44

The downloader is still unbelievably rubbish.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jothel

Got one too but the download link in the email doesn't work =(

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

This is the most convuluted beta downloading process I've ever been through. I go to the website, but it puts me in queue (a queue for a website? that's new). After the queuing ends, II click download, it tells me it costs $20 (lolwut?) and I insert my promo code but it still tells me it is $20, but I click proceed with payment anyway 'cause I don't know how it could possibly know my CC info, and then it gives me a "processing payment" for hours. From what I read from the email all of this is, if I were to actually succeed with the process, would only be to GET my beta key.

Man, they must not want people to play their beta.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ds8k

@SJSchmidt93: After putting in the promo code it should have been $0. You're not actually supposed to be able to buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.