Favourite Shotgun in FPS's

#1 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -

Here I am again with the same question. What's your favourite shotgun from any FPS? The one you still remember till this day since it was so awesome to shoot with?
For me that's the shotgun from Halo 2 without a doubt. I loved the shoot & melee to get death puppet technique.

#2 Posted by Hero_Swe (1130 posts) -

Easy. SSG from Doom 2.
#3 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

A zombie's worst nightmare.
#4 Posted by Nightriff (4988 posts) -

Doom Shotgun:

Gears of War Sawed Off:

Goldeneye Shotgun:

#5 Posted by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -

Doom shotgun.

#6 Posted by Seroth (717 posts) -

The Flack Cannon, easily.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11828 posts) -

My electric scoped shotgun from Borderlands. I suppose its stats aren't that great by endgame standards, but I ended up getting attached to it, so I kept it around.

#8 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4702 posts) -

The SSG from Doom 2, most definitely. The only thing that's even come close to matching the sheer stopping power of that beast was the sawed-off from Gears 3 (the range was utter shite though).

#9 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Gears of War Shotgun always felt really powerful. I am also partial to the flak cannon.

Basically anything that gibs whatever you're pointing at.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Fallout 3's Terrible shotgun

#11 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

GuhNasher.

#12 Edited by Fattony12000 (7283 posts) -

For use against real people in multiplayer, it's the M90 Close Assault Weapon System DTM Series Shotgun, from Halo CE.

It can hold 12 shells, and the player can carry up to 60 more shells for a total of 72 shells. It is more likely to kill a closer ranged enemy as the shotgun is weak on further distanced enemies, the shotgun could also kill nearly any infantry target at point blank range. It even has the capabilities to take on lightly armoured vehicles, such as the Ghost. Players could hold the trigger button down for continuous fire. It reloads more quickly than in Halo 2.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M90_Close_Assault_Weapon_System

Length: 115 cm

Height: 30 cm

Fires Soellkraft 8 gauge shells at a rate of 1.5 shells per second, each shell contains 15 pellets.

#13 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

The Painkiller Shotgun

#14 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

Hello... the shotgun is your savior in the early hours of the first couple resident evils. otherwise ive had some pretty sweet ones in borderlands. 1/2.

#15 Posted by Vextroid (1387 posts) -

Super Shotgun.

#16 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Scattergun from TF2.

I'm runnin' circles around ya!

#17 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Obviously:

and special mention goes to:

#18 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

The F.E.A.R. shotgun for me.

Also in honor of Natural Selection 2 releasing, I will also throw out the NS shotgun as well.

#19 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4967 posts) -

USAS-12 from Soldier of Fortune 2

#20 Posted by JoeBigfoot (107 posts) -

I don't know about best shotgun but Doom 3's shotgun has to be up there in the most useless stakes.

I always enjoyed defending the flag base with a shotgun in Halo 1 multiplayer.

#21 Posted by L44 (556 posts) -

Bulletstorm. 4 barrels.

#22 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1993 posts) -

Doom 2's SSG, no fucking doubt. That is the clear-cut winner.

I am partial to shotguns in nearly every FPS, but the SSg and the regular shotgun from Doom are just key.

#23 Posted by Tobli (149 posts) -

I love the combat shotgun from left for dead 2.

"This shotgun feels right. It feels real right."

- Ellis

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -
Always be alt-firing.
#25 Posted by bio595 (307 posts) -

I quite like the early shotgun from RAGE.

But hands down my favorite shotgun would be the one I modded to have 0 spread, infinite ammo and as fast as you can click semi-auto fire in Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

#26 Posted by TwoLines (2795 posts) -

Doom shotgun. Also, Doom 2's double barrel shotgun.

#27 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

The trench gun from Call of Duty 2.

#28 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -
@Philedius

The trench gun from Call of Duty 2.

Yeah. I was going to say either the trench gun from. 2/WaW or the shotgun from Halo.
#29 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Doom 3 shotgun

#30 Posted by TobbRobb (4596 posts) -

ALWAYS BE SHOTGUN IN ALL GAMES! But I really, really like the standard Gears of War shottie "Gnasher?". And my best friend in Quake 3 was always the Shotgun, that one has a special place in my heart.

#31 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -

I'm partial to the Flak Cannon myself. My favorite gun from UT, which is a little odd since I usually don't like shotguns.

#32 Posted by geirr (2525 posts) -

Doom 1 & 2, including the SSG.

#33 Posted by Thurmy (8 posts) -

Auto-shotty in CS, nothing like rounding a corner and unloading :)

#34 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

The two shotguns from Hotline Miami are perhaps the most terrifying in any game.

#35 Posted by Vod_Crack (715 posts) -

Doom

Doom II - Double Barrel

Half-Life 2

Painkiller

Rage

F.E.A.R (F.E.A.R. 2's shotgun is fucking shit)

Soldier of Fortune (could be the best)

Bulletstorm

Duke Nukem 3D

Urban Chaos: Riot Response.

That's all I can think of for now, there's loads of great ones.

#36 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3228 posts) -

I generally like the sawed off variety. RDR has a good one. TimeSplitters too I think.

#37 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Doom 2's super shotty has the most iconic shotgun sound, I think.

I really like the feel of the shotguns in Left 4 Dead, especially the Tier 2 versions.

The most fun I've had with a shotgun in recent memory was Spec Ops: The Line, of all games. Up until the midway point where enemies started spawning really far away, I rocked a shotgun the whole time. Icing fools on the other side of cover with blindfire is just so satisfying.

#38 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

The shotgun from the game Black was insane. It was like a sniper rifle.

#39 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

Easily the SSG. That and the Quake rocket launcher sound are forever ingrained in my head.

#40 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

Hello... the shotgun is your savior in the early hours of the first couple resident evils. otherwise ive had some pretty sweet ones in borderlands. 1/2.

Yeah, I'd say for the fact that the shotgun makes you feel a whole lot more secure wandering around the mansion in REmake, I'd give it to that.

#41 Posted by Vod_Crack (715 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

The most fun I've had with a shotgun in recent memory was Spec Ops: The Line, of all games. Up until the midway point where enemies started spawning really far away, I rocked a shotgun the whole time. Icing fools on the other side of cover with blindfire is just so satisfying.

Yeah that is a good one. Not a FPS but still.

#42 Posted by Live2bRighteous (316 posts) -

The one from Bodycount. That's actually the only thing that kept me playing the game. Literally one or two shots would blast a wooden wall apart... and the way the physics worked ingame made it even better. When you shot someone in close range, their body would fly back 10-20 feet every time, even if they were behind a wall. Wow, I need to go back and play Bodycount now. lol

#43 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, but my favourite shotgun is definitely the one in Team Fortress 2.

I cut down so many chumps with this beautiful weapon.

#44 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

I loved the Borderlands SMGs that shot like shotguns, with x4 damage.

Do those count?

#45 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

The shotgun from Solider of Fortune. Blowing off limbs has never been so fun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.